Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike BI, they laid out their evidence in the article for all to see. It's actually pretty convincing.

Don't dismiss the source without actually reading the article.

Gates, back in the early Apple / Microsoft days was known to be a very dirty businessman. I would not put this past him one bit. Plus, on other sources, he pretty much brushed off the question when asked if he had an open short on TSLA.

Like the source or not, this one is likely passing the "sniff test".
From early 1980's experience I agree completely on your observations. I never knew Gates, but several of my then-colleagues knew him and dealt with him. In those years the tech community was fairly small so people knew each other quite well. It was roughly the latter part of that era when financial innovation began, the era I knew best. Young Elon Musk played with these people, developed some mapping innovation and then though about finance, not too long after we had PayPal. Gates was still around then, scrounging for advantages then off to Seattle. Remember that he did not develop DOS, he licensed it. He was aggressive and borderline on tactics even then. Elon, even then was regarded as the smartest and hardest working guy around, dreaming of the interplanetary possibilities even then. Going from a McLaren to Tesla was serendipitous.

I'm no fan of Breitbart, to be sure, but sometimes they miss and get it right. This squares well with the history I understood and the reality we now have really seems to be no great departure from past practice. Becoming very rich does not imply presence or absence of integrity.

so TSLA is going down and down. For those of you picking up share, what is your logic to buy more in times of all the noises?
few weeks/mths from now people will be talking about all those who made the Millions buying at the bottom.
Not just Tesla, whole market is basically for sale.
Pick the winners and risk/reward will be even greater.

cheers!!

few weeks/mths from now people will be talking about all those who made the Millions buying at the bottom.
Not just Tesla, whole market is basically for sale.
Pick the winners and risk/reward will be even greater.

cheers!!
Possibly the only benefit to advancing age is the experience that - on rare occasions - allows one to note that they've seen this movie before and know how it ends. Bets can then be placed accordingly.

Don't be silly. Everyone knows there will be no Twitter deal at the $54 price level. In other words, the concern you raise isn't valid because no one believes Elon will be paying $54 for Twitter. He has made that more than clear.
My read is that Elon did the Elon thing and didn't really have the funding secured (and still doesn't) with respect to outside capital. So the question is how much more Tesla stock will he need to sell to make the transaction happen even at at price around $45 (guess). That's a fairly big uncertainty and large fund managers are not known for their desire to have their investments buffeted by something like a Elon / Twitter public fight.

More evidence of Berlin ramping up. Model Y deliveries increasing at a steady pace, and now some early reports of exports to Israel.

View attachment 808200
The Factories ought to be hummin by now. We're talkin' 3 Giga Factories, all waiting for clearance to run in a very narrow timespan - allows for part inventory buildup, busting out ready to go. I'm expecting burn of the century (more ways than one).

Why do I think this? 2 data points. Our Model Y Appt for bodywork at Tesla was finally offered and was sooner than forecasted. Meanwhile, Fix Auto is dismantling it now so they're both moving through body faster it seems. Somebody's making parts happen at least.

Further, I think June massive production leaks etc would be first sign, right before earnings. Shorts will focus on 2 poor months, Longs will focus on June deliveries coming out around beginning of July. We could see a record month - and by a long shot. Analyst will need to consider those results.

Good article in Clean Technica about some of the steps Australia may be taking now that they have a Labor government. Sounds like a great opening for Tesla:

true. but the question....is when is the real bottom for TSLA to go all in :)
nobody knows ...

ladder down and buy in bits,(avoid margin unless you have money coming in to supplement or can manage)

when reversal happens ... folks waiting for the 500s will regret not buying at 600s :)
if it keeps going down, then laddering down would still work.

My read is that Elon did the Elon thing and didn't really have the funding secured (and still doesn't) with respect to outside capital. So the question is how much more Tesla stock will he need to sell to make the transaction happen even at at price around $45 (guess). That's a fairly big uncertainty and large fund managers are not known for their desire to have their investments buffeted by something like a Elon / Twitter public fight.

SEC filings show you are wrong. FYI.

Not only did he have "funding secured" initially, he's since gone and gotten more backers, so he doesn't have to take a loan against his TSLA shares.

Google is currently trading at a multiple of 18 times 2021 earnings. And Google is growing around 20% each year (actually 40% in 2021)

TSLA is being whacked down with the macro. Even if they did $20bn profit this year (higher end estimates) at a rate of 50% yoy growth. This gives a multiple at today's share price of 32.5. Which relative to Google seems about right

Basically don't panic. Both Tesla and Google are great places to keep your money in the mid to long term but it may be 3-5 years until we see multiples of 50-100 again
The million dollar question is whether S&P/large cap stocks are going to hold up well while small/mid/tech continue to take a bath, or if S&P stocks will be the last shoe to fall and further pain will occur for all. As I look at my portfolio today, MCD, trading at a forward P/E of 22 with expected sub-10% EPS growth is up 2%. GOOGL, on the other hand, is trading at forward P/E of 17, has expected growth more than double that of MCD, and is down almost 7%.

Is tech/growth undervalued, or is large cap still overvalued? YTD my staples/utilities are in a range of +/-10%, while my growth stocks are down between -25% to -60%. To rotate or not to rotate...

Wow University of Spoiled Children taking their nickname too far!

Why was I never given a Tesla when I was a grad student there...

[I kid]

Must be Hertz cars?

It's a Tesla delivery storage facility (note the car on the left you can see through the windshield - the paperwork for sale is sitting there).

Took delivery to one very similar to this one 2 years ago with my father-in-law. Might actually be this one.

Videos have shown Hertz cars are shipping direct to the Hertz locations.

Good article in Clean Technica about some of the steps Australia may be taking now that they have a Labor government. Sounds like a great opening for Tesla:
Don't know if it was posted here, but there's aggregation work being done in Texas right now to basically become a utility and mobilize interconnected Powerwall and Megapacks for profit. Imagine the opportunity there.

Australia, Texas, and Germany will be super interesting over the next two years as they all can move fast when they want to. And right now they desperately need to.

Fun times. Would be nice if our federal govt had a cohesive plan to leverage Tesla for a better future. Guess I'll wait for them to complete step 1..... acknowledging that Tesla exists.