Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick reminder to vote your shares on Say if you haven't already: Say

There are still some dumb questions way too close to the top (do people think if they keep begging for FSD transferability Elon will change his mind?).
I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I think Tesla should allow FSD transfers at least until FSD is no longer beta....

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I think Tesla should allow FSD transfers at least until FSD is no longer beta....

The price of fsd is proportional to it's potential usefulness over the ~10 yr life of the car. Fsd is actually very cheap for what you get (a software and hardware vertical stack with $billions and countless hours invested). There's no competition.

A friend, who I've steered toward buying TSLA, has been jumping through hoops trying to get his broker to set up an account he can trade without having to call an agent each time. It has been weeks now, going through the motions of allegedly their writing a check and snail-mailing it between the two internal divisions of the company to accomplish this. (Prudential maybe?) I've told him from the get-go that he should move his money to Fidelity, Schwab, TD, or any broker that won't take weeks to process something this straight-forward.

He's been getting quite anxious lately, hoping they will get it done while the Blue Light Special sale is going on.

This morning I sent him a message saying they must be getting close, because the SP is going up. 😁 Was that cruel? 😏
Damn, he needs to pull some or most of his money from the broker and set up an account ASAP. I use eTrade and am very happy with it. I recently set up an account for a friend of mine who is a non-techie, but it takes 3 days before you can trade, so if he wants to get in before Thursday it needs to happen today. Then again I was trying to set up my friend before the stock split and was able to get him in, but at a post split price of $301... he's kind of pissed at me right now ;-)

The price of fsd is proportional to it's potential usefulness over the ~10 yr life of the car. Fsd is actually very cheap for what you get (a software and hardware vertical stack with $billions and countless hours invested). There's no competition.
Plenty have bought FSD years ago with little to show for it. Many have ultimately had total loses due to accidents with zero to low value. Until the product is no longer out of beta, it's hard to effectively and fairly calculate pro-rated usage. Allow transfers while beta is fair and win-win IMO.

Only luxury brand that's growing YoY? NO WAY!!

1666021785168.png

Plenty have bought FSD years ago with little to show for it. Many have ultimately had total loses due to accidents with zero to low value. Until the product is no longer out of beta, it's hard to effectively and fairly calculate pro-rated usage. Allow transfers while beta is fair and win-win IMO.
The majority of people who bought FSD 2018 onward made it out okay as many got retrofitted hardware just months later, and many party trick features like smart summon and EAP related stuff happened a few months after 2019. I would say an extra 2k on top of EAP for 2018 customers who got the retro fit hardware is worth it, and the 7k from AP->EAP plus summon can be worth it to some as these are not cheap options either if you were to option them out from other manufactures.

And here we are 2 days before printing $4B in quarterly profits and any dickhole with 3 braincells to rub together can buy shares for less than the inclusion price from 2 years ago. It's almost like being a completely unregulated hedge fund/mm/insider is more valuable than literally knowing the future.

I guess it's an unfair world. We should probably take a cue from Elon and care a bit less about SP.

The majority of people who bought FSD 2018 onward made it out okay as many got retrofitted hardware just months later, and many party trick features like smart summon and EAP related stuff happened a few months after 2019. I would say an extra 2k on top of EAP for 2018 customers who got the retro fit hardware is worth it, and the 7k from AP->EAP plus summon can be worth it to some as these are not cheap options either if you were to option them out from other manufactures.
I'm in that last boat. Paid $7500 for EAP after delivery, and snagged FSD upgrade for 2k. So no complaints at all.

The only downside currently is that I would have upgraded my model 3 to a 2022 while waiting for my CT but the 15k FSD purchase (and not getting enough value on the used sale) killed it for me.

The only downside currently is that I would have upgraded my model 3 to a 2022 while waiting for my CT but the 15k FSD purchase (and not getting enough value on the used sale) killed it for me.
Elon pulls no levers until he has to. If we go deep into recession, I'm sure transferring FSD will magically become available. Unlikely that happens, so I think you're waiting til maybe 2025 when "the competition" actually shows up to the fight.

Some dark clouds looming from this weekend's Party Congress in China. Taiwan may get assimilated in the near term. If so, US intelligence experts say US business with China will be severely curtailed if not completely stopped. TSLA Shanghai will likely survive with the same name on the door (maybe depending on Elon's tweets) but many countries will restrict imports.

And TSM's take over will put the hurt on many US industries until we have adequate fab capacity (10-20 years?). Hopefully Taiwan companies and staff transition before it's too late.
Taiwan may "get assimilated" in the near term? That's a weird way to put it. I mean, they kind of have been trying to do this economically for years, and it hasn't worked.

China may choose to make a move on Taiwan in the near term, though that's not likely, unless you mean within a few years. I don't think you need to cite "US intelligence experts" to know that the world will respond with economic sanctions on China. This will hurt the majority of US businesses, not just Tesla. But then which companies would you want to be invested in? Probably the US based ones that are particularly dynamic.

Who says China gets to decide if they can take over TSMC? Self-destructing the fab in the case of an invasion is certainly an option and that possibility serves as a deterrent.

I'd suggest finding better sources for your news on China and Taiwan.