Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gary is a mild Tesla Bull who provides a reasoned and balanced Wall Street point of view. Yes he trends conservative most of the time but so does most of Wall Street as well. At least Gary admits the huge upside for Tesla's future long term even while he scrutinizes every minute detail about the company today.

I guess he doesn't bother me because I understand his point of view and don't expect anything else from him. :cool:
There is nothing reasoned or balanced about WallStreet’s pov. He’s telling a fictional story on behalf of crooks. That makes him an accomplice or the village idiot (should he actually believe the bs he tweets). You’re saying it’s the former because of his mild bullish stance and admittance of Tesla’s future. Yeah, that shouldn’t bother anyone, huh?

It seems that Elon is saying that Austin does not have the capability:

I stand corrected. My source for that was a Japanese executive who has worked closely with Geico, as a customer, not executive of Geico itself. Presumably there are plans to install one to the next expansion at Austin, but Elon might have disclosed that. It's curious that he said that. I wonder if perhaps the new paint shop is not performing according to Geico claims. That would be strange given their track record in new paint technology with Pardis.

I stand corrected. My source for that was a Japanese executive who has worked closely with Geico, as a customer, not executive of Geico itself. Presumably there are plans to install one to the next expansion at Austin, but Elon might have disclosed that. It's curious that he said that. I wonder if perhaps the new paint shop is not performing according to Geico claims. That would be strange given their track record in new paint technology with Pardis.
I have reached out for clarification, which may take some time.

It’s kinda amazing how the Japanese yen is in complete collapse and no one is talking about it….
Energy uncertainty is putting stress on financial markets outside of the U.S. This may lead to a Fed pivot sooner than waiting for CPI showing a trajectory of 2% inflation or unemployment reaching over 5%.

So far we kind of need some awful economic news for a turnaround🙃

That seems incredibly short sighted on the part of the Austin plant. New colors to the US would be extremely welcome. :confused:

They would be--- though I wonder if that would be counter toTeslas logistics where they plan to serve the western US out of Fremont and mid/eastern out of Texas.... because if someone in CA orders a new color that kinda screws that up...and sounds like Fremont won't (can't?) get the super duper paint shop upgrade anytime soon? (I think CA also has weird environmental laws around vehicle painting too, vaguely recall some stories about that)

Daily reminder that SpaceX and Tesla are two giant white pills in a modern sea of black pills.

A bunch of miserable blackpillers (like Rob Reich types) are nothing more than human versions of crabs in a bucket, and profit off the misery they spread.
Actually, crabs in a bucket can be quite useful once prepared and cooked properly.
Can we instead think of them as cockroaches in a bucket?

Hard to believe but a SA bear is leaning bullish on TSLA and wrote a reasonable article. Bottom indicator?

Hell froze over. Who's next Gordo? (wishful thinking)

Anyone with friends that argue these points needs that article sent to them. Nothing is more convincing than a Tesla hater singing Elon's praise.

They would be--- though I wonder if that would be counter toTeslas logistics where they plan to serve the western US out of Fremont and mid/eastern out of Texas.... because if someone in CA orders a new color that kinda screws that up...and sounds like Fremont won't (can't?) get the super duper paint shop upgrade anytime soon? (I think CA also has weird environmental laws around vehicle painting too, vaguely recall some stories about that)
Cybertruck production in CA would make sense from an environmental regulations standpoint.

As I've mentally gone through the alphabet and a few numbers, I find myself leaning towards the Model i. Gotta be lower case. Then a listing of the non truck vehicles could be iS3XY or S3XYi...
Kinda fits, whaddya think?
I see the "2" being a good continuation and the "4" the next model name.
As in, "I am.... 2 s3xy 4 .... my shirt so sexy it hurts

Elon himself has directly debunked the idea of calling it a 2, multiple times.

Not sure why a few in here keep insisting on using the name despite clear evidence it's not the name

How come Troy doesn't use customer deposit to extrapolate backlogs but instead use wait times...
I can't really come to a definite conclusion using customer deposits because there is a lot to unwrap with Deposits - e.g. how many deposits are for megapacks, etc. But when Customer Deposits are higher now than the start of the year . . .that is a strong indication to me that Tesla has a healthy backlog with all of its business in spite of the uncertain economic times.

Elon himself has directly debunked the idea of calling it a 2, multiple times.

Not sure why a few in here keep insisting on using the name despite clear evidence it's not the name

Maybe we should just call it Model smol.