Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the morning drop hit my long time buy order. Added 1000 shares at just a tad under 200 average.

1000 shares, dang great job! I bought a couple dozen @ $199 this morning, couldn't resist so I dipped into my one year out "bills fund". If it goes below $200 again I may break out some margin, this is getting ridiculous.

And yeah I know most people here are hard against margin, but I never go far into it staying under 20% which I'm comfortable doing if the deal is good enough. Which currently, it is IMHO. :cool:

Forward Observing

Funny thing happened on the way to the Robotaxi conversation. We had two sea days. Finally got to stretch our sea storm legs at Portimao, Portugal. Finished our land side run with a wine tasting. Someone complained about not docking; but there is something to be said about almost 24x7 meals, stateroom and entertaiment. Vs, driving like a mad person from one destination GPS or not, fantastic meals in one place, suck in another ~ bottome line = B Happy. Until the wheels come off.

Touring Portimao area, we tossed back a shot of Firewater ~ 50% plus alcohol or minus. My wife was hoping it would chase away her cold. For me, I was hoping the Firewater reduced my cholesterol. During the day we counted about five Model 3s, and one Y and one X. Got back on ship and was reminded that at 2100 we were scheduled to attend a cognac tasting. At 2040, the boss said, “I have two lines.” Now you must understand that I am slow, sometimes very slow. I looked up at her, kind smiled, and she said, “no, you need to be tested.” Had she said, “I am pregnant, even my cholesterol would have gotten clogged up since the last time we had to killed a rabbit to confirm we were pregnant was at least forty years ago.” Well, non-home test confirmed we both tested positive ~ no cognac tasting for me ~ damn. Kind of took the high of the wine tasting earlier off its edge.

Now we are confined to our room, and she is sleeping which is a good sign. FaceTimed with the daughter; other option was lie and explain the changing background pictures were real scenes and not poster boards.

Nothing left to do here, but count Tesla’s. So, funny thing happened during confinement. We see lots of Tesla‘s here in Lisbon, Portugal ~ a Tesla drives by on the main drag about every ten to fifteen minutes. There are Model Ss and Xs mixed in at a reasonable ratio. What I gleaned yesterday was that a major earthquake wiped out most of the Portimao area, and rebuilding widened the streets. So, adaption of Tesla’s there not a real problem. Yes, there are still a few carriage wide streets, but not so bad. Between Portimao and Lisbon, income and car size probably plays a bigger role.

FYI ~ rappelling off the ship is a “no, no.” And, do not, do not tell me how many shares I have to sell to cover the cost of two sets of the Paxlovid pills ($800 each!). Not to mention I could not taste the fruit smoothie due to metallic pill tast.

Cheers

Very hard to tell if Elon is selling today (or even if he's allowed to).

For reference this is the chart for the last time Elon sold on the 9th of August. Volume that day was 86 Million shares (split adjusted) and TSLA traded down -2.4% for the day (NASDAQ down -0.5% - blue line on chart). Amazingly Elon managed to sell $7.9B worth of TSLA shares across the trading day.

1666629586819.png

Edit: Also seeing reports from Reuters that South Korean Mirae Asset Financial Group is planning to invest $208M into the Twitter deal with Elon. So the more third party investors he's lining up the less he'd need to sell (if any).

Attachments

• 1666629192214.png
    1666629192214.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Moments later... 200 Call Vol over 100K now.
So Call vol increases as SP also increases.... That's bullish, no? Shorts burning ammo (and hair)?

View attachment 867043
Yep - if @neroden was still with us he would be telling folks that the brief dip under $200 was done on purpose by MM’s to wipe out amateur retail trader’s stops that were poorly set just below $200. And now that MM’s have all those shares they can cover on the way back up.

Forward Observing

Funny thing happened on the way to the Robotaxi conversation. We had two sea days. Finally got to stretch our sea storm legs at Portimao, Portugal. Finished our land side run with a wine tasting. Someone complained about not docking; but there is something to be said about almost 24x7 meals, stateroom and entertaiment. Vs, driving like a mad person from one destination GPS or not, fantastic meals in one place, suck in another ~ bottome line = B Happy. Until the wheels come off.

Touring Portimao area, we tossed back a shot of Firewater ~ 50% plus alcohol or minus. My wife was hoping it would chase away her cold. For me, I was hoping the Firewater reduced my cholesterol. During the day we counted about five Model 3s, and one Y and one X. Got back on ship and was reminded that at 2100 we were scheduled to attend a cognac tasting. At 2040, the boss said, “I have two lines.” Now you must understand that I am slow, sometimes very slow. I looked up at her, kind smiled, and she said, “no, you need to be tested.” Had she said, “I am pregnant, even my cholesterol would have gotten clogged up since the last time we had to killed a rabbit to confirm we were pregnant was at least forty years ago.” Well, non-home test confirmed we both tested positive ~ no cognac tasting for me ~ damn. Kind of took the high of the wine tasting earlier off its edge.

Now we are confined to our room, and she is sleeping which is a good sign. FaceTimed with the daughter; other option was lie and explain the changing background pictures were real scenes and not poster boards.

Nothing left to do here, but count Tesla’s. So, funny thing happened during confinement. We see lots of Tesla‘s here in Lisbon, Portugal ~ a Tesla drives by on the main drag about every ten to fifteen minutes. There are Model Ss and Xs mixed in at a reasonable ratio. What I gleaned yesterday was that a major earthquake wiped out most of the Portimao area, and rebuilding widened the streets. So, adaption of Tesla’s there not a real problem. Yes, there are still a few carriage wide streets, but not so bad. Between Portimao and Lisbon, income and car size probably plays a bigger role.

FYI ~ rappelling off the ship is a “no, no.” And, do not, do not tell me how many shares I have to sell to cover the cost of two sets of the Paxlovid pills ($800 each!). Not to mention I could not taste the fruit smoothie due to metallic pill tast.

Cheers
Wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery

Last edited:
You - whale
Me - vegetable

Or you can be a vegetable, and I’ll be an amoeba..

W/ acknowledgement to @Artful Dodger. I will take what I can get.
Me - A single node Neural Net, unable to buy.

Pushed a month out.... OT, I saw something about a Neuralink demo coming on Halloween (Oct 31). Scary? Will the pigs talk to Optimus? :oops:

Last edited:
What *action* do you think Tesla should take in place of traditional advertising (or "Do nothing")?
I think Tesla should continue to focus relentlessly on delivering the highest value in the auto industry and let consumers decide what they want. I want Tesla to grow into the high volume, lower-cost half of the market, not by cheapening the cars up and using cheaper, inferior components and materials (while spending money telling people how great they are), but by innovating faster, better ways to make cars while continuing to insist on durable, high-quality parts and materials and avoiding the temptation of increasing spending on things like advertising that are not directly related to making car ownership cheaper and more satisfying.

Either a person needs a car or they don't. It's a big expenditure so there is a lot of incentive to make a good decision. I want Tesla to make that decision so easy that Tesla becomes the highest volume auto manufacturer in the world. And that is where I see this going without stooping to advertising campaigns.

Last edited:
I think Tesla should continue to focus relentlessly on delivering the highest value in the auto industry and let consumers decide what they want. I want Tesla to grow into the high volume, lower-cost half of the market, not by cheapening the cars up and using cheaper, inferior components and materials, but by innovating faster, better ways to make cars while continuing to insist on durable, high-quality parts and materials and avoiding the temptation of increasing spending on things like advertising that are not directly related to making car ownership cheaper and more satisfying.

Either a person needs a car or they don't. It's a big expenditure so there is a lot of incentive to make a good decision. I want Tesla to make that decision so easy that Tesla becomes the highest volume auto manufacturer in the world. And that is where I see this going without stooping to advertising campaigns.

Musk did say awhile back they want to look at Electric Vehicle and Sustainable oriented education videos on Youtube made by the community. Dunno whatever happened to that endeavor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TN Mtn Man
…….and here I was hoping Elon is buying the dip with surplus TWTR funds so he would have a larger stake in TSLA than he did after his pre-split selling at 900+ and 1,200+, and helping to keep TSLA >$200/share in the meantime. Regardless of whether it is Elon, or Leo, or other Whales, seeing TMC posts showing how hard other stocks are getting hammered it might be worth considering that TSLA has more buys than MM’s expected on this massive volume day or we would be well below $200 IMO.
Elon selling might have a different effect when the the stock is already low and there is cash on the sidelines. Could be a great entry point with limited further downside risk. YMMV

Reactions: Nocturnal
Elon said his last sale was insurance in case he needed more for the Twitter purchase and that he wasn't planning to sell more.

Why are so many people here convinced he is going to sell more?
I don't think many here are 'convinced' (say, >80% chance?) that he will sell more. I do think many here are concerned about the reasonable possibility (say, 20% - 80% chance?) that circumstances may have changed since he made that sale / statement, and the resulting changed circumstances may lead to additional sales. No one's crystal ball of the future is perfect (not even Musk's when he said he was done selling *before* that subsequent sale you mentioned), and I think it's reasonable to consider the possibility of additional sales to close the purchase. Assign whatever probability to that possibility you like...