Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit late, here's some more charts:

Legend:

P&D Price, Earnings Price : Share price the day after these releases
ASP : Average Sales price in automotive
% Change P&D -> Earnings: the percent change in the share price between P&D report to earnings

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 3.12.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 3.13.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 3.12.00 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 3.13.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 3.13.52 PM.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 40
Well, just watched episode 3 of "The Elon Musk Show" on the BBC iPlayer. It explores the time period from 2016 to 2022, almost the present. They spend a lot of time with his father, who actually adds some interesting information. It also spend most of the broadcast on SpaceX. But IMO they also spend way too much time with Lynnette Lopez and the whistleblower Martin Tripp... I found myself cursing at the screen several times. It also explores the 420 episode and subsequent fines by the SEC, the suit by pedoboy Lundquist (which he lost), the infamous toke on Rogen"s show, and other FUD. Trump is also featured way too much, but after all, he was President during a lot of it. But it ends on a positive note and also a great observation that after all that FUD, he's over it all and quite possibly not only the richest man on Earth, but the most powerful. Deals with his use (and misuse) of Twitter, but not the potential purchase.

Even though parts of it pissed me off, it was non-biased and those parts needed to be included. Definitely worth the watch! Should be on YouTube tonight or tomorrow.

Seems that a few people didn’t get the joke. His tweet said, “Elon entering Twitter HQ. Let that sink in”. So it’s a meta pun joke thing. He is literally and visually letting the sink in. Nothing to do with a kitchen sink, or some sort of sinking joke, no, he is saying it is time to let it sink in that Elon is now CEO of Twitter.
Could also be a set up for Friday when he literally and figuratively may throw out almost everything, including the kitchen sink.

TSLA holding up well AH with META tanking, and F down on a $5 Billion dollar loss? for the year (excluding F Financial) (I think - too many charts). Any predictions for tomorrow morning? Seems to me that NASDAQ will probably be very Red in pre-market and probably pull TSLA down despite Twitter news...?

Attachments

• 20221026_164311.jpg
    20221026_164311.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The problem I see with Quebec is snow. Pumping out 10,000 vehicles a week means a constant stream of vehicles coming out the factory and onto trucks. When it's snowing a foot outside, that is a problem....

(Internet search says they get more than 10 feet of snow/year)

Any Tesla Quebec factory would be primarily for batteries and battery materials. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Megapack factory built there also as part of this plan. HydroQuebec offers abundant, cheap renewable energy, ideal for a battery factory.

Auto production in Canada happens in Southern Ontario (Windsow, Oshawa, Markham), close to the U.S. industry in Detroit:

Isn't this old news?
Congratulations! You win the prize for pointing out what I said to be true
“suspect I'd seen mention of this before”

Reactions: wipster
I get it: when you invest in TSLA you’re probably also interested in META, AAPL, GOOG, NFLX. But that’s not an excuse to dissect their earnings in this thread. The 15 posts analyzing Meta’s results can now be found in Off topic galore

There is also a plethora of other threads in this category of "TSLA Investor Discussions" including one called: "What Other Tech Stocks To Consider", which might make sense to talk about, well, other tech stocks!

I am also partial to: "The Resource Angle" for mining stocks

And plenty more interesting threads. We don't all have to chatter about things in this one thread...

TSLA holding up well AH with META tanking, and F down on a $5 Billion dollar loss for the year (excluding F Financial). Any predictions for tomorrow morning? Seems to me that NASDAQ will probably be very Red in pre-market and probably pull TSLA down despite Twitter news...?
I'm feeling more confident.

Earlier in the month, TSLA would have been down 4-6% easily, given MSFT and GOOG earnings misses and broader Nasdaq performance today. The fact we were up today speaks to some combination of:
  1. Severely oversold
  2. TWTR overhang lifting
  3. Relative strength/performance of Tesla (the company, not the stock) against other bellwethers
  4. Wall Street/HFs/Shorts starting to see it doesn't make sense to remain short TSLA?
  5. Already looking like a great start to Q4
Funny that I was not nervous in any way overnight or when I woke up today despite the huge dissappointing earnings reports yesterday. And I was not surprised when I first looked at the ticker and saw TSLA was over-performing. Likewise, I don't feel nervous after seeing META's earnings.

As oversold as TSLA is, I think we will outperform the broader markets for the rest of the year. Who knows day by day, but I like how things are setting up.

All of which of course probably means TSLA will gap down tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Well, just watched episode 3 of "The Elon Musk Show" on the BBC iPlayer. It explores the time period from 2016 to 2022, almost the present. They spend a lot of time with his father, who actually adds some interesting information. It also spend most of the broadcast on SpaceX. But IMO they also spend way too much time with Lynnette Lopez and the whistleblower Martin Tripp... I found myself cursing at the screen several times. It also explores the 420 episode and subsequent fines by the SEC, the suit by pedoboy Lundquist (which he lost), the infamous toke on Rogen"s show, and other FUD. Trump is also featured way too much, but after all, he was President during a lot of it. But it ends on a positive note and also a great observation that after all that FUD, he's over it all and quite possibly not only the richest man on Earth, but the most powerful. Deals with his use (and misuse) of Twitter, but not the potential purchase.

Even though parts of it pissed me off, it was non-biased and those parts needed to be included. Definitely worth the watch! Should be on YouTube tonight or tomorrow.

Lynnette “muddy field” Lopez!? Did the show at least point out she was wrong with all her predictions about Tesla?