Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s no shame in becoming Chief Product Officer, cashing the 2018 performance plan, and letting someone else run the day to day of Tesla. For his health he needs to give up responsibility somewhere

1. Stock went down during this period because of the high sell volume/Elon is selling, not because of pure hate towards Elon (Scroll up this thread in case you missed this)
2. Model Y and 3 are still California best selling car (California favours democrat party in case if you needs to know)
3. The poll results is sufficient and it is not that far from today. With your interpretation, do we need to do the poll every day to make it count like weather forecast? then still not enough and so make it every hour? Or until one day the poll goes the opposite way then you can call that an accurate poll?

1. I didn't say anything about the reason.
2. Non sequitur, as I was addressing the poll that's two weeks stale.
3. Sure, when developments warrant it. Many high profile, long time supporters of Elon and Tesla have criticized him in the past 14 days. A lot has changed for many people during this period.

Hard to tell, most stocks are down today so it could simply be macros pulling us down.

That is ridiculous!

Where's the blame, the drama, the scapegoat? I demand a reason that stirs emotions and generates wild, unrelated tangents with little to no actual connection with the SP.

We need wild speculation in times like this, not rational comments like this one.

You should be ashamed. Now, go stand in the corner and think about what you said. ;)

/S

Last edited:
Update, I just added 500 shares at $188 so now I have 75,500. I will keep buying if it goes lower until I have 80,000

@ $600b market cap and $5b expected earnings in Q4 22, Tesla has a P/E of just 30

Incredible for a company growing at 50% per year and with zero debt. And don't forget that all the auto industry "competitors" are loaded up with debt to the hilt and will need to refinance that at new higher rates over 5%, this is what will bankrupt them.

In comparison, Apple has a P/E of 23 and Amazon 82
FInal update, I have now reached my target of 80,000 shares.

I am not moving from here and plan will be start unloading (very gradually) once share price hits $1,000. Still feel confident we will see $3,000 at some point

Now I need to find a new hobby for the next few years!

Wonder if a certain individual whose name starts with E is selling today.
Hard to tell, most stocks are down today so it could simply be macros pulling us down.

E. is definately selling AMZN too: /s

Components of the S&P 500 | 10:05 ET Nov 14, 2022​

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
1Apple Inc.AAPL6.732754
down.gif
-1.33(-0.89%)
2Microsoft CorporationMSFT5.486708
down.gif
-5.29(-2.14%)
3Amazon.com Inc.AMZN2.66016
down.gif
-2.84(-2.82%)
4Alphabet Inc. Class AGOOGL1.721417
down.gif
-1.18(-1.22%)
5Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class BBRK.B1.664209
up.gif
0.87(0.28%)
6Tesla IncTSLA1.554321
down.gif
-5.57(-2.84%)

Cheer to the Longs!

Last edited:
The cracks in the ICE supply chain are slowly becoming apparent:

View attachment 874407
This is one supplier and most of their sales are for outside the auto industry. It seems ebm-Pabst are just focusing more on faster-growing business segments like air conditioning of buildings and data centers.

I’m wondering how representative ebm-pabst are regarding the rest of the Tier 1s beginning to leave legacy auto behind. Does anyone know more on this?

No wonder $TSLA is down today :)

No, that's because of today's NY Times piece - they're pulling all the stops: Bullish! - Free for all, no paywall, guess why - the article starts with positive notes on how more people are now buying EV's (still with the back handed mix up " .. For now, Tesla, Ford Motor, Mercedes-Benz and other companies have focused on premium models that are more profitable. " ). But eventually bringing down the usual FUD

TSLA.NYTimes.hit.piece.jpg

If you *really* want to read the NY Times piece, here's a puzzle for you
NY times do com /2022/11/13/business/electric-vehicles-buyers-mainstream.html

Emerging details on that awful incident in China

Does make me wonder a bit whether the AI shouldn't intervene in cases like this where a driver is clearly out of control, are there any circumstances where someone would legitimately be driving 200kmph on such road?

Tesla is fully cooperating with local authorities to help find the cause of the accident as quickly as possible. According to the company, its back-end data show the vehicle's accelerator pedal was depressed deeply for a long time and remained at 100 percent at one point, and the driver did not apply the brakes for the entire 2 km route. In addition, while driving, the driver pressed the parking button four times. Obviously, the Parking button would not work, as all the conditions that were necessary for this were not met.
There's already some of this the car is able to do, although I'm not sure at what speeds it's effective. Some examples Karapthy provided are in this article: Tesla releases impressive videos of cars avoiding running over pedestrians