Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found that article confusingly worded, so I looked at the 13F filing, and noticed that the fund holds about 5x the dollar amount in NIO (mostly convertible notes) over TSLA. And is short LCID.

Edit: as noted by @Xepa777 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable , the holding in Q3 is exactly 3x the holding in Q2 (rounded down two shares), so the entire article is based on a false premise.

Last edited:
Well, here's the first one to fall...

0D823009-19F3-40D4-8934-565BB7621E44.jpeg

On a 2.5 car you have to pay $1000 to upgrade to the FSD computer before you can subscribe.
Which... is insanely good. Nobody in the industry lets you upgrade a feature like this for $1000. Could you imagine GM letting people upgrade from Super Cruise to Ultra Cruise for $1000? Its just unheard of. MCU upgrades are similarly reasonably priced.

I know... "Not the same" because GM's Ultracruise uses a totally different sensor array and computer. But there is generally no upgrade path at all.

It's likely in a year or so I'll be able to upgrade my MY to HW 4.0 for a similar cost.

The idea that you buy a $60,000 vehicle and in 3 years you have a crappy safety system and ADAS system you cannot upgrade is just horrible. Particularly not when GM is launching multiple vehicles in the $100k+ range.

@Cosmacelf ...type...?

um, how about a small group of humans linked, or offloading complex ideas and thoughts to distributedloosely coupled processors to be crunched and answers given back

what if you could think at petaflop speed? or faster....
(for reference the MINDS in Iain Banks "culture" "think and live" ~3,170 years every second of our time effectively)

when it comes to sentience, humans are most likely at the rock bottom of the first rung of the ladder, and its weirder than we can imagine

SF has "thought" about this for decades (See "A Fire upon the Deep" and the Tines race, groups of 4-8 individuals sharing a common conciousness)
etc. using ultrasonics
Yes, I read Fire Upon the Deep too. I was referring to what would likely be shown in a week, not what it could do in ten years. Yes indeed, Elon is a one man SF instantiator!

But, is it human? I read they were prohibited from experimenting on/with humans.

Regardless, should be an awesome presentation, especially with Optimus making an appearance... hopefully the new version can now walk without assistance!
It would be even cooler if it was a neural link with a cat saying that.

People were worried about AI and Skynet.... they won't know real fear until the CatterNet comes online!!

While Switzerland may not be able to project much military power, the whole country is a mountainous redoubt that is quite defensible and well defended (and, yes, they do have regular soldiers in addition to their conscript militia). How do you think the Swiss managed to maintain their neutrality, much less protect their currency, through two World Wars?
That was before drones, cyber attacks and autonomous weaponry. Time will tell...

Last edited:
Here is my list of what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving....in no particular order.

1 My health and family
2 TMC (my extended family...so many similarities to real life family...dysfunction...humor...discord .....strong opinions!)
3 Tesla for the amazing cars they make (drove my son's M3 while in town to visit him....so different from my MS yet every bit as smart)
4 Freedom to chose how and where I want to live thanks to TSLA
5 Retirement to do as I please thanks again to TSLA
6 My partner in life, who by being such an amazing strong woman makes me a better person.
7 My son who saved my life 26 years ago by being born ....(I was not on a good path prior to his birth)......and growing into a strong, healthy person.
8 My dog who loves me no matter what
9 hope for the future because we have people who are willing to work harder than I ever have to make the world a better place.
10 Beer because life is better with a mid-strength brew.
Bad taste to reply to one's own post....but I just wished I could have added:

11 I am thankful to the members who do not encourage the trolls.

Yes, I read Fire Upon the Deep too. I was referring to what would likely be shown in a week, not what it could do in ten years. Yes indeed, Elon is a one man SF instantiator!
Wait until it hooks up with FSD and you just think where you want to go, the Tesla backs out of the garage and meets you in the driveway, at the temperature you thought about as well as the music or radio or whatever. Advanced Smart Summon might still require your phone but still. Just thinking about the potential functions is making my head hurt... come on tryptophan, kick in, time for a good REM nap!

Well i can't find the exact thing I read yesterday, but supposedly it states no human trials yet on the Neurolink website (I'll be damned if I can find it though) plus there are numerous references by people who should know on Twitter.

OTOH, I've seen several recent articles stating they're going to start human trials prior to year-end, so maybe it will be announced or demonstrated November 30th. That would be way cool, not just for typing using just a human brain, but the applications they're initially working on with spinal cord injuries. If they can make significant inroads in that field, that will truly be a win for mankind.
Of course I had to scroll past about 50 links to articles about how other companies have beaten Neuralink to human trials. But here is the meat.

@Cosmacelf
it was a friendly, mild quibble, and yes, the first baby step instantiation of telepathy, now just have to worry about a variant of "Rawlings virus" or similar.
(i was going to say its the weekend, and then was brought up short. im in the "what time is it? uh, fall i think mental mode)

So wait... this quarter:
  • FSD beta full release
  • Tesla Semi
Maybe possibly?
  • Starship ?? Maybe in orbit ??
  • Neuralink speaks
  • First Cybertruck beta trucks??
This is 3 companies output, but Musk is the conductor behind all of this madness.

Is there some Boring Company event I haven't heard of?

I think Elon's new style is to give tight deadlines with show and tell to the whole world ;)
talk about meeting expectations ;)

Feel much more emboldened about this prediction after Thanksgiving.
If nothing else, the past 3 years has demonstrated that the world is perfectly capable of being screwed up in new and creative ways on a rotating basis about once every 6 months. Violence in the capitol, epidemics, wars, economic mayhem, more shutdowns due to epidemic, energy crisis, increasing interest rates, etc etc etc.

Seems like chaos is the new norm.

I still think our money is in the best possible place, but I wouldn't fall in love with any time-frame for recovery. If China has another COVID breakout and big lockdown, that could delay any recovery in the stock by another 3-6 months. Add in PE compression and we could easily be crusing below $250 in 6 months.

Or... COVID breakout doesn't happen, stellar 4th quarter and we revisit ATH in January and keep trucking. Hard to say.