Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, can you verify that what you received was actually v11 and not v10.36.3.1 which went to wide release in N. America on Wed evening?

I haven't heard of any beta-tester outside of Tesla getting v11 as of yet. This was 19 hrs ago:

Paging @Papafox
I've been browsing around the autopilot threads, and no V11 sightings. Elvis sightings seem to be more common. That said, I received 10.69.3.1 on Thanksgiving and I think the belief that 10.69.3.1 is going wide release may be correct.

Calling it right now. Neuralink’s presentation Nov 30 will showcase telepathy. A human that can type just by thinking.

Who woulda thought that telepathy would be via Bluetooth? lol

Guess it fits the definition:

1669389599821.png

If you still don’t believe in FUD this is one of the best examples: the (likely) orchestrated release of 3 articles on WSJ, Barrons, and CNBC, all different authors, but suspiciously similar titles, all skewed heavily negative for Tesla. And OTA updates should not count as ‘recalls’ any more than iPhone updates are.
Reporting here is as bad as it gets. Believe these are all OTAs fixes that have also been reported in USA recently as well.

It gets better! In this article describing a Ford recall that involved fires and CRACKED fuel injectors (OTA maybe? 🤣) they go out of their way to bring up the China Tesla recall as well at the end of the article. Again with no mention of OTA fix.

EDIT: In fairness, Barron’s also posted this:

Tesla recalls more than 80,000 cars in China over software and seatbelt issues
Tesla recalls more than 80,000 cars in China over software and seatbelt issues

Last edited:
Wow, must be nice to live in your brain and have so much certainty about the future.

Personally, I think Elon is smart enough to realize when things aren’t working, and pivot to new systems that will work. He has very audacious goals for Tesla, so if the company is failing to grow and meet those goals, he’ll do something about it. Ie. He isn’t a one trick pony, he adjusts when the world changes. Will he be successful, that I don’t know for sure, but I think it more likely than not.
1669390307810.png

I've been browsing around the autopilot threads, and no V11 sightings. Elvis sightings seem to be more common. That said, I received 10.69.3.1 on Thanksgiving and I think the belief that 10.69.3.1 is going wide release may be correct.

Our 3 Teslas are now on 2022.36.20.
This is big yet the MSM will certainly FUD it as usual. Who cares if your F is leaking gas on the hot manifold and may start a fire. This is within the range of around 460 fires each day for ICE vehicles. These people are sure brain dead IMHO>

Do you still believe that there will be millions of severely ill and deaths? And China's current "COVID death wave" that hasn't even happened yet? According to CNN they just had their first Covid death in the past 6 months. I'm not saying more potential lockdowns won't effect Giga Shanghai and TSLA, but I feel like you're screaming "FIRE" in a movie theater.

China reports first Covid-19 deaths in nearly 6 months as cases spike
They’ve been locked down for 2.5 years and have had very few cases. We had over 1 Million deaths with more ICU beds/person and better vaccines, and a much smaller population. So yes, at least a million Chinese deaths if they open up is all but guaranteed. The problem is I don’t see a way around it.

Last edited:
1.5 million. Even at the lowest realistic conversion rates that's a lot of order backlog for a vehicle that few have seen in person yet. Maybe I'm a crazy fan but I think people will absolutely love these trucks.

1.5 million. Even at the lowest realistic conversion rates that's a lot of order backlog for a vehicle that few have seen in person yet. Maybe I'm a crazy fan but I think people will absolutely love these trucks.
I know i can't wait for mine and i am not a 'crazy' fan. I guess 'crazy' is subjective though 🤔

I wonder how many unique buyers there are in the order queue? I do have one on reserve.

Here's the source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kuslJVCyAAfQv1eJal1fdngfsk/edit#gid=982860347 (via Exclusive: Tesla Cybertruck reaches 1.5 million pre-orders – Can it live up to the hype?). Take this with a grain of salt.

I tried to know who are submitted their reservation numbers. But https://mobile.twitter.com/TeslaRun (spreadsheet owner) returns "This account doesn’t exist". But I've gotten many such errors on Twitter in the past 48h, most for accounts that actually exist – could be technical issues at Elon's new toy company but this-must-not-be-discussed here…).

• Helpful
Reactions: Nocturnal
I want this to be true, but I think you're mistaken. Is true, super cool! And provide details!

Dang! I had to go out in the rain to confirm its only version 10.69.3.1! I wish Tesla would put the version number on the Tesla phone app too. My phone app reports Version 2022.36.20. I jumped to the conclusion it was the much-anticipated ver. 11 based on nothing more than the timing of the update! :oops:

I did take it for a test drive and, for the first time ever, it exited the private gate of my community without trying to take out the gate and requiring intervention. It wasn't perfect as it never came to a complete stop for the gate and almost hit it as it was still rising but it was a huge improvement over its usual behavior of trying to go out through the in gate without stopping! There are no pavement markings and the private roads in my community are not properly mapped on any digital maps anywhere. There is no cellular service out here, so I had entered a route using the wi-fi at home before departing. It pulled up perpendicular to the state highway outside our community and came to a stop at an appropriate place and then it immediately did a new creep maneuver I had not seen before. As it was creeping forward about 6 feet it didn't creep in a straight line, it smoothly made an exaggerated "S" turn as if the angular change would help it check for oncoming traffic or perhaps more accurately interpret the scene. It did the smooth "S" turn and, without further pause, entered the highway with authority. After turning onto the State highway, the route was onto a single lane Forest Service Road with periodic turnouts for dealing with any oncoming traffic (which is very rare). There are no lane markings whatsoever, just a narrow ribbon of old, patched blacktop winding through steep and twisty terrain, no guardrails, no shoulders, trees and vegetation right up to the road edges. Recent storms had left the blacktop almost completely covered with leaves and needles, branches, rocks, and sticks.

FSD navigated the road admirably with the speed automatically set to the presumed speed limit of 25 mph (the road is not marked with a speed limit anywhere). 25 mph is too fast for some of the narrow blind corners, but FSD drove it with a style more akin to a human than a machine. It would slow down to 10 mph for branches as it determined it was safe to navigate around them and for blind corners with limited sightlines. It didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that the road was plastered with leaves, including piles of them a few inches high. The harsh sunlight and shade from the trees never seemed to upset it. It drove very competently like this until it arrived at the end of the programmed route where I had placed the map pin I was navigating to.

The pertinent thing here is this is a very unusual road, unlike most anything I imagine FSD is typically trained on, in terrible condition, and yet FSD proceeded like a real trooper. And it's not even the much anticipated V. 11!

Interesting, can you verify that what you received was actually v11 and not v10.36.3.1 which went to wide release in N. America on Wed evening?

I haven't heard of any beta-tester outside of Tesla getting v11 as of yet. This was 19 hrs ago:

Paging @Papafox

True, see above. Apologies!

Dang! I had to go out in the rain to confirm its only version 10.69.3.1! I wish Tesla would put the version number on the Tesla phone app too. My phone app reports Version 2022.36.20. I jumped to the conclusion it was the much-anticipated ver. 11 based on nothing more than the timing of the update! :oops:

I did take it for a test drive and, for the first time ever, it exited the private gate of my community without trying to take out the gate and requiring intervention. It wasn't perfect as it never came to a complete stop for the gate and almost hit it as it was still rising but it was a huge improvement over its usual behavior of trying to go out through the in gate without stopping! There are no pavement markings and the private roads in my community are not properly mapped on any digital maps anywhere. There is no cellular service out here, so I had entered a route using the wi-fi at home before departing. It pulled up perpendicular to the state highway outside our community and came to a stop at an appropriate place and then it immediately did a new creep maneuver I had not seen before. As it was creeping forward about 6 feet it didn't creep in a straight line, it smoothly made an exaggerated "S" turn as if the angular change would help it check for oncoming traffic or perhaps more accurately interpret the scene. It did the smooth "S" turn and, without further pause, entered the highway with authority. After turning onto the State highway, the route was onto a single lane Forest Service Road with periodic turnouts for dealing with any oncoming traffic (which is very rare). There are no lane markings whatsoever, just a narrow ribbon of old, patched blacktop winding through steep and twisty terrain, no guardrails, no shoulders, trees and vegetation right up to the road edges. Recent storms had left the blacktop almost completely covered with leaves and needles, branches, rocks, and sticks.

FSD navigated the road admirably with the speed automatically set to the presumed speed limit of 25 mph (the road is not marked with a speed limit anywhere). 25 mph is too fast for some of the narrow blind corners, but FSD drove it with a style more akin to a human than a machine. It would slow down to 10 mph for branches as it determined it was safe to navigate around them and for blind corners with limited sightlines. It didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that the road was plastered with leaves, including piles of them a few inches high. The harsh sunlight and shade from the trees never seemed to upset it. It drove very competently like this until it arrived at the end of the programmed route where I had placed the map pin I was navigating to.

The pertinent thing here is this is a very unusual road, unlike most anything I imagine FSD is typically trained on, in terrible condition, and yet FSD proceeded like a real trooper. And it's not even the much anticipated V. 11!

Think of all the eyeballs you could have had if you put out a vid claiming to have FSD 11!

Berlin production per week still stuck at 3500’ish according to the Norway Vin tracker.

It has been mentioned that Berlin doesn’t need a third shift to get to the planned 5000 a week end of year but I have my doubts about that, the math of a third shift is just too compelling.

They’ve been locked down for 2.5 years and have had very few cases. We had over 1 Million deaths with more ICU beds/person and better vaccines, and a much smaller population. So yes, at least a million Chinese deaths if they open up is all but guaranteed. The problem is I don’t see a way around it.
Almost like slow rolling it doesn’t prevent the inevitable, eh?