Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with the financial pain, this drop has caused me to get grief from others. My dad told me to stay away from Tesla when we were still in the 250 range. Just today my brother asked what I was doing with my Tesla stock. People at work are also asking. I'm sure I'm going to get it tomorrow from two other stock holders I haven't seen in a while who don't hold as much as I do. It sucks trying to explain to them that the stock price is no indication of the health and progress of the company. Still growing around 50%/year with no end in site for a few years.... Sigh.. o_O

Meh. I relish people telling me I’m wrong about something I know in my gut is right because the day always comes when I get to say the most satisfying words in the English language, ‘I told you so.’

Just ignore them. Don’t engage on the topic. Let them think you’re an idiot. You won’t care down the road but they will when you cash in large from TSLA. Unless of course you have no conviction about Tesla, where they are headed, and what they will accomplish. In that case get out, lick your wounds, swallow your pride, and tell them you’re grateful for their concern and support in your time of need.

Regarding Norway...

It seems to me that demand there is pretty much always superior than supply.
Norway sucks up all the cars that Tesla is able to send them.
You have endless demand, and a very capable sale/delivery system: exactly 2 months ago, they sold 583 Model 3s in a day. There are over 10000 Model 3 in Oslo alone (population 670000, basically 1 in 5 drivers has a Tesla).
And above all, they don't yet have access to SR and SR+!

Now, we already said that multiple times, but: why didn't Musk contact directly the Government Pension Fund of Norway (worth 1 trillion dollars) and negotiated/convinced them to buy a share of Tesla?
They shouldn't be worried about short-term volatility, just long-term perspective.
Norway as a state should be very interested in Tesla's future.

He got pissed off with the quality of his M3, autopilot and feels lied to.

So then he goes full rabid on Twitter? True colors are showing. Seems to be just more opportunistic than anything.

And fortunately not the norm for the VAST MAJORITY of Tesla M3 owners.

BTW Jackie, you can stop with your “care bear” act. Extremely transparent.

The CO₂ fines are per unit, so if the Fiat pool gets larger by Renault joining, it brings in, on average, millions of units per year that have 15 g/km CO₂ emissions. This can only be offset by Tesla: the Renault ZOE is already included in Renault's 105 g/km average and Renault still has to pay billions in fines. If Renault could sell a lot more ZOE's they no doubt would - but they cannot, they cannot compete with Tesla head on.
Right.

Only thing I'd add is - this potentially helps Fiat by getting it access to Renault (and Nissan) EV technology. For eg. they may be able to sell more Zoe/Leaf in Italy or make Fiat branded EVs fairly quickly. But with a mega merger like this - everything takes a long time and nothing changes for 2020.

It's been a terrible week/month/year for all TSLA shareholders. Ugh.

Only if you’re selling now. It’s been a great time to buy, and if you bought previously, obviously Tesla will be heading back up.

3/4 of shares are sold short right now, meaning there’s going to be a crazy short squeeze coming shortly. Buy now before that happens.

I just watched a Clean Disruption video by Tony Seba for the third time. Now he seems to be more focused on Transportation as a Service. He predicts all cars will be electric and sold business to business, and Individual car ownership will be greatly reduced. My prediction is Tesla will stop selling cars to anyone in a few years and cut out the middle man in Tony’s model. Get them while you can! Time Horizon 2021 to 2022.

FWIW, Norway is going really well.
All high margin cars, healthy number of Model X (100Ds), but Model S still completely cannibalized by the 3.
Model 3 sold this month are already more than both S+X sales last May.
If the ships delivered the cars, we could see a nice end of the month.

Tesla Registration Stats
How much inventory is S showing for Norway ? ev-cpo shows just 194 S for whole of Europe. I don't think there are any Raven S or X in Europe yet.

ps : ev-cpo shows 44 S and 19 X. All 2.5 FSD computer.

Last edited:
I just watched a Clean Disruption video by Tony Seba for the third time. Now he seems to be more focused on Transportation as a Service. He predicts all cars will be electric and sold business to business, and Individual car ownership will be greatly reduced. My prediction is Tesla will stop selling cars to anyone in a few years and cut out the middle man in Tony’s model. Get them while you can! Time Horizon 2021 to 2022.
Bodes well for getting affordable service from Tesla when they're not even selling cars anymore.

Only if you’re selling now. It’s been a great time to buy, and if you bought previously, obviously Tesla will be heading back up.

3/4 of shares are sold short right now, meaning there’s going to be a crazy short squeeze coming shortly. Buy now before that happens.

"3/4 of shares are sold short right now" - where did you get that number? my estimate is around 40 million shares short, total number of shares is close to 180 million.

I have said this before, Tesla will only sell super expensive cars if and when they get to Robotaxi stage. Anything else would lead to immediate arbitrage and loss of potential profit.

But, the longer they take to get to the Robotaxi stage, the less expensive the cars will be. Also depends on whether anyone else has robotaxis - and in what numbers.

If multiple players get to the robotaxi stage around the same time, we may see them introduce the service in different cities until competing headon becomes necessary. All this will take years to play out.

Reactions: kbM3

I hope he meant 1/4-1/3.
If it was 3/4 I would sell my left kidney and mortgage my house to buy more shares.