Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must be a better word than ‘niche’ there. Tesla sell cars, the best car available for $40k. Cars are not niche.

Perhaps ‘in early stages of scaling’.

You have a large subset of people who are not yet comfortable with the reliability, the lifestyle modifications, or the tech. Lots of stigma to shake off like battery dying after a year or car stop working if there's a bug in the computer for mass adoption. So by definition Teslas are still niche. If Tesla made 10 million cars this year, they wouldn't get 10 million orders.

Thanks for the clarification (I revised the original post and gave you credit).

What is interesting now is that I see the date reads "updated June 25, 2019" (see pic below).

What?!!!

This is some serious FUDing!!

View attachment 423168

Feeding old articles though news aggregators is a known and documented method of stock manipulation. I don't think anyone has ever been nailed for doing it intentionally. However, old news going through aggregators as if it were new was directly responsible for several of the "flash crashes" in individual stocks; the idiot "news headline reader" bot traders react to the old news and cause the flash crashes. This was widely reported and is well known on Wall Street.

I would expect that someone who read about the flash crashes is doing this, feeding old articles into the news feed, deliberately. That someone should be tracked down and arrested, but probably won't be.

EDIT: Oh, someone at Investopedia did this to a thousand articles? Another accident then. Geez.

The saving grace is that most "news headline reader" bots have been rewritten to be smarter since they lost money on the flash crashes, so the market doesn't react as much to this as it used to.

Every week, I read nothing but good news about the EV market and Tesla. Cities banning ICE vehicles, countries setting dates in the near future to ban ICE vehicles completely, crazy EV growth in the worlds largest car market (China), EV production issues and battery shortages for Tesla's competitors, tariff exemptions for Tesla with huge battery growth planned, best mid-luxury car, safest vehicles, AP3, growing demand, etc., etc. And yet, another down day and the SP is nowhere near 360 or even 300. What in the hell is wrong with the stock market?

My guess? Three words: Gross margin concerns.

I think the fact that Tesla really needed the credits to get to 20% gross margin made them all readjust their models to the detriment of the stock.

Galileo and Sean Mitchell did a video together after the Sandy Munro presentation. One of the key takeaways for me was that they said not a single financial analyst attended. One of the two, I believe Sean, stated that they believe the only thing the Tesla analysts can do is analyze balance sheets. This really struck me. Maybe they don’t understand the technology or the incredible desirability of the products or the innovation whatsoever.

Maybe the only key takeaway they got from Autonomy Day was when Elon stated something to the effect of 100% of R&D was going to Autonomy (and he’s obviously way over the top on his timelines).

Well, I think I know how Tesla makes Q2 numbers and pumps vehicles sales.

Mass production of Hotwheels at GF3. :(

BEFB4056-6BEB-402F-8893-3112D4C83AF1.jpeg

Both Bloomberg and BI reporting new leaked Elon email

In leaked email, Elon Musk says Tesla is very close to setting a record for deliveries in one quarter. But whether the company pulls it off comes down to one of the things it struggles with most

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

'As you may have noticed, there is a lot of speculation regarding our vehicle deliveries this quarter. The reality is that we are on track to set an all-time record, but it will be very close. However, if we go all out, we can definitely do it! We already have enough vehicle orders to set a record, but the right cars are not yet all in the right locations. Logistics and final delivery are extremely important, as well as finding demand for vehicle variants that are available locally, but can't reach people who ordered that variant before end of quarter. I have great faith in you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks, Elon'

Last edited:
There's a large subset of people who are ignorant of benefits/risks of Teslas. They are influenced by the FUD.

There's no significant lifestyle change. With the SR+, you can charge 6mi/hour with a normal 120V outlet. Few people commute more than 60 miles a day such that they'd even need to pay for a NEMA plug.

The number 1 influencer of people is not FUD in my opinion but their own stigma towards something based on past experiences. How many articles do you see talking about Tesla's battery failing after a year? How many questions do you get from people asking you about your car and wonder if the battery will only last a year? How many times have you said to these people that the battery is rated for 350k miles and you get this stare like you're full of *sugar*?

The problem is people don't seek for the truth. Everyone has their own "truth". This is why we have a huge set of people in the U.S that believes in a narrative based on experience vs digging into statistics and actual facts.

You just made his point. :rolleyes:
I also refuse to debate whether gravity causes us to be attracted to the Earth. And I refuse to debate whether the Earth goes around the sun.

Sane people don't debate things which have been overwhelmingly proven by decades of overwhelming evidence.

I'm happy to *provide evidence* and *discuss it*. But a debate over whether gravity is real is stupid. Humans are causing global warming and ocean acidification by burning fossils, and that's proven.

Both Bloomberg and BI reporting new leaked Elon email

In leaked email, Elon Musk says Tesla is very close to setting a record for deliveries in one quarter. But whether the company pulls it off comes down to one of the things it struggles with most

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

'As you may have noticed, there is a lot of speculation regarding our vehicle deliveries this quarter. The reality is that we are on track to set an all-time record, but it will be very close. However, if we go all out, we can definitely do it! We already have enough vehicle orders to set a record, but the right cars are not yet all in the right locations. Logistics and final delivery are extremely important, as well as finding demand for vehicle variants that are available locally, but can't reach people who ordered that variant before end of quarter. I have great faith in you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks, Elon'

I am so confused at what he is trying to say. "If we go all out we can definitely do it" but the "right cars are not yet all in the right locations"..while also saying "can't reach people who ordered that variant before end of quarter". What in the who now? How can you rally hard to break a record if you know these cars wouldn't reach people before end of quarter?.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I am so confused at what he is trying to say. "If we go all out we can definitely do it" but the "right cars are not yet all in the right locations"..while also saying "can't reach people who ordered that variant before end of quarter". What in the who now? How can you rally hard to break a record if you know these cars wouldn't reach people before end of quarter?.

Next sentence:

“Logistics and final delivery are extremely important, as well as finding demand for vehicle variants that are available locally, but can't reach people who ordered that variant before end of quarter”

Next sentence:

“Logistics and final delivery are extremely important, as well as finding demand for vehicle variants that are available locally, but can't reach people who ordered that variant before end of quarter”

Maybe his comma is screwing me up. Is he saying holding deliveries he knows that can't make it but instead ship these cars locally ..but need to find these buyers before the quarter ends?

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler

He means “go all out” and sell these cars to new buyers where the cars are currently, rather than put them into the transport truck to be delivered next quarter. Those people who originally ordered that variant (who wont get it before end of quarter) can wait an extra week or two. That’s how I read it anyway.

He means “go all out” and sell these cars to new buyers where the cars are currently, rather than put them into the transport truck to be delivered next quarter. Those people who originally ordered that variant (who wont get it before end of quarter) can wait an extra week or two. That’s how I read it anyway.
Yep. This particular practice *ticks customers off* -- it's the worst part of the "end of quarter rush", the worst part of the wave, and they need to cut it out -- but apparently this is not the quarter they're going to stop. It's customer disservice.

Yep. This particular practice *ticks customers off* -- it's the worst part of the "end of quarter rush", the worst part of the wave, and they need to cut it out -- but apparently this is not the quarter they're going to stop. It's customer disservice.
Will only happen for at most for two more quarters then doesn't matter anymore in the US

Only if both points are discussing the same car. There may be car A which needs transport and car B which needs a local buyer (as opposed to a local buyer who awaits a different variant). The variation may only be colour.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Interesting consider model 3 inventory is not even a few hours of production. So locally is literally Fremont

Maybe his comma is screwing me up. Is he saying holding deliveries he knows that can't make it but instead ship these cars locally ..but need to find these buyers before the quarter ends?

This is my understanding. If they know they can’t delivery the car to a certain location in time, the car will be matched to a costumer at the it’s current location.

The other sad thing is it doesn't even accomplish the goal of supporting the stock price. When this language appears, there is often a climb into the report and then a strong selling of the news negating the climb. It would truly be better for Tesla to just get on with unwinding the damn wave.