Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get the bolded type. They are a smaller demand product for sure but let's face it the Model 3 and probably the Model Y isn't for everyone especially a large family or those needing cargo space. I doubt people needing more room in their vehicles are going to buy a truck or a semi. The S&X form factors fill the need well for many and I don't see that changing. I have a Model 3 and love it, but I also wouldn't give up our Model S. Absolutely love it for longer road trips and loading some large things in the back. Model X was too big for our needs.

I think he was trying to say that it would be better for the company, and the mission, if they stopped making the S&X and used that low-volume production space, to make higher volume Model 3 and Model Y vehicles. (And pickup.)

Tesla can't make the perfect car for everyone, for the mission they need to concentrate on the higher volume/less expensive vehicles.

Reactions: Krugerrand and kbM3
Thus is pretty much why I told that shorty student with no exp to get his head checked. Most shorts has never experienced margin calls and don't know the sequence of events.
Yeah, that's why actual shorting is so ridiculously risky.

The retail shorts will get a call during the day and get liquidated. The ones with good relationship will get a call at closing. The market makers will get 3 days.

The reason why retails get liquidated right away is because they usually naked short with everything on margin. A 20% move usually means you now have negative net worth and getting more negative by the second. Your brokers will work hard to liquidate this first before informing the customers vause ultimately, they don't want to chase after you for the debt.

Market makers usually have other collaterals and are not retards shorting with everything so they should for a while.
That sounds like... slow burn as retail shorts get forced out, possibly even preventing a MMD tomorrow (granted, I also expect with strong profit on the back of operational improvements, institutions will also be piling in, and I feel like any MMD would be repelled)? Excellent.

Bear-Roast-21.jpg

http://recipes.sportsmanstable.com/recipe/burgundy-wine-roasted-bear/ said:
Mix Burgundy Wine Marinade seasoning, water and wine. Marinate bear in burgundy wine marinade for 24 hours. Keep in a refrigerator, turning at least once, 3-4 times would be great. After marinating the roast, place in a baking dish. Use 1 cup burgundy wine marinade and 4 tbs. of melted butter or margarine to baste the roast, cover dish with aluminum foil and roast approximately 2 1/2 hours or until it is well done at 350 degrees.

Last edited:
And I don't think many will be able to do their own software and rely on 3rd parties and all that could bring with it. Extra costs as not in-house and not as much control, especially when updates are needed. As it is only a few will be producing their own batteries.

No one ever mentions that it takes an entire new structure for an existing company to have EV to be made in any scale. Using an existing car does not cut it, other than making a few so you can say you made them.

Not only that, making an EV model of an existing model basically cuts into your own existing sales. Its a purely defensive move. The only result of a great, fully EV BMW 5 series is less ICE sales for BMW.

Finally, you can see the cost to Tesla, the other legacy automakers will have the same costs.

VW is the only automaker anywhere near volume production.

With zero advertising, three models, and all fairly expensive cars they are selling them as fast as they can make them.

Its possible to have so much in capital expenditures that you might have profit swings, but anyone who actually owns one knows the demand is not going down any time soon.

I don't know that. If I could get my money back, I think I would. I will say autopilot is pretty nice, but I'm going to have to start paying rent at my service center.

Can all these exuberance postings be moved out of main please :)
Personally would have liked to give a like to all the postings after hours.

Congrats to US LONGS

"Take be back to Paradise City!!
"You Wanna antagonize me. Antagonize me MF(MM). Get In the Ring MM, and I'll kick your Bitchy Little Ass P.U.N.K" .... :)

Man did I pick a bad time to be wine tasting at Biltmore Estates. Nothing worse than seeing the after hours pop while standing in a stupidly long line, and wishing I was back home. Read the tea leaves wrong, expecting the shorts to push it down. So glad I had faith and glad to be long. Congrats to us longs. Can’t wait to see what the future holds!

Nurburgring update: driver is apparently well, but Andreas Simonsen drove the red Plaid prototype into a guardrail on Monday, shortly after this picture was taken:

It was raining on Monday all day - not sure why they risked it. The car is probably totaled for the purposes of this week's testing.

The blue prototype is still available, but it's unclear whether it's as fast as the red one.
Perhaps those... um, air-blaster-jet thingies they're gonna offer in the Roadster... could become miniaturized, one-time use external airbag-like safety devices of the future to avoid things like this...

• Love
Reactions: JusRelax