Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm long AF todamoon (the couple calls I unloaded were medium term though, Jun 2020), but I was getting extremely frazzled over perceived mixed messages about Chinese factory developments/greenlighting.
I was probably being a little paranoid

The point of the trading account (I assume your calls are in a short to medium term trading account) is to to take profits. If those trades were profitable you did absolutely nothing wrong. Look for a re entry point...so you can turn profits again.

And yeah, I agree with your sentiment that FUD is inevitable with Chinese situation if it is perceived to drag out. And, as usual, the FUD will work as this stock is full of momo traders.

Reactions: SpaceCash
I'm long AF todamoon (the couple calls I unloaded were medium term though, Jun 2020), but I was getting extremely frazzled over perceived mixed messages about Chinese factory developments/greenlighting.
I was probably being a little paranoid

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you

Another quick turnaround at pier 80. Less than 12 hours between the departure of Grand Neptune and the docking of Asian Dynasty. And the beat goes on.

If Tesla open up pre order of the truck before the actual reveal event, just like model 3, but online.
How many people would put down 1k, sight unseen, for a spot in the line?
This time around, I would.
I'm financially prepared for it, and Elon himself said it's the best vehicle they've ever made, so... why not grab a spot in the line

Wouldn't it just be a non-refundable $100? If so I'd do it in a heartbeat.

non-refundable $100 is for current orders of existing S, X and 3.

it may be in the neighborhood of the refundable $2500 for the Model Y. It could be slightly higher like $3k considering the base price of the pickup is higher than a Y. They need to gauge real demand for the truck so a higher deposit is expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fact Checking
interesting print on the Tesla - Walmart settlement.
Legal Documents Reveal the Real Reason Walmart Dropped Its Lawsuit Against Tesla

Most media outlets reported that Walmart and Tesla settled the complaint, which implies that the complainant is likely to receive some form of compensation. However, court documents reveal that Walmart’s lawsuit was voluntarily dropped. According to Vladimir Grinshpun, a person closely following the story, this indicates that Tesla did not pay Walmart a dime to settle the dispute.

Hope this is behind us...looks like it could of been quite ugly
This is looking more and more like Walmart’s traditional tactic of using its size and power to squeeze a supplier. They almost certainly were trying for lower rates or more share of the rather lucrative savings the panels provided.

Oh, perhaps you missed the buyout news:

Mobileye is an Israeli subsidiary of Intel corporation that develops vision-based self-driving car and advanced driver-assistance systems providing warnings for collision prevention and mitigation. Wikipedia
Yeah I read that and I think on the chip side they will be reasonably well integrated despite being a subsidiary in Israel. I foresee EV production scaling, data collection and company culture as the main aspects holding them back.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Apple has given up becoming an automaker. They will likely be a software provider to the car industry if they get their sh*t together. It would be almost impossible for Apple to acquire Tesla. It takes more than money to pull that off and Apple doesn't have it in them.

Ironically it is the FUD that completely protects Tesla from a buyout from someone like Apple.

Many if not most Tesla investors understand that Tesla is the company best positioned for the future in the world right now and will hold out for a very significant takeover premium, probably well over 100%.

The FUD means that Apple could never persuade its investors to pay a large premium for a company that they have all been incessantly told is doomed to failure or at least limited long term market share and profit.