Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He has had Germany in his sights since the beginning. German companies are already a significant part of Tesla’s success. Tesla has patiently built out the supercharger network, service, etc even as Tesla’s German sales have relatively lagged. Now this is a major turn around moment.

I was surprised by the speed of the Supercharger network in Europe, but the Ionity network is also expanding fast, maybe even faster than the Supercharger network in it’s first few European years: IONITY - WHERE & HOW

The Germans may be behind Tesla, but they’re certainly ahead of the other car manufacturers in Europe.

Someone working late this evening to make sure TSLA doesn't pass $350 (tree-fiddy).
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 17.59.53.png

Will this be in or near the former East Germany?

Berlin is smack in the middle of former East Germany.

And unlike Sparks it has a big work force, so finding employees should not be a problem. Berlin has 3,75 million inhabitants, which is comparable to LA. The unemployment rate in former East Germany is 7%, versus 4% in the western part of the country. Wages are about 85% of what they are in the western part.

Last edited:
Great interview. Elon seemed to hold back on giving autonomy a deadline knowing how Lex believes we are still far off. But in the skepticism or difficulties that Lex believes plagues FSD, Elon gave a Rosey picture of FSD and chose to discuss its simplicities. Even compared a future of autonomy to Grand Theft Auto traffic.

One thing that anti-Tesla shorts must have been counting on is that Musk would make some business mistakes common to inventors who are brilliant with respect to their invention but not so brilliant in the basics of running a company.

Boy, is that a risky bet. I challenge anyone to listen to this interview and state that Musk does not know what he is doing. He is smarter than all the investment types, who are themselves smart, but not in his league by any means. He is one of the very, very few CEOs who actually know everything about what their company is doing. And in my professional life I have met many CEOs. They are smart, but as to business. I have never met one who is in Musk's league as to the substance of their company.

Musk could easily be better when it comes to his timelines, but I have also heard him say that the important thing to him is not how this quarter is, but whether he is on the right track.

Bet against him? On cars, when you can see the cars already produced? On the technology? When you can see it? On getting to ultimate FSD, when you can see what the cars already do? On energy? When you already see that he understands that battery management is the key to widespread adoption of wind and solar? On whatever other projects he has going? When he has SpaceX?

Boy, I think not.

The shorts and FUD-sters are mistaking a difficult challenge for an impossible one. They are betting against the wrong guy I would say.

I guessed you missed the announcement that it will be near the new Berlin Airport. Announced at the same time the Model 3 beat the Audi A4 and the BMW 3 series for best mid-class luxury car, and got the highest score of all cars tested (over all categories).
True, but I was ENGROSSED by the EXTENSIVE discussion on LANGUAGE FAMILIES while the market was OPEN.

Too bad I had to wade through those to get to some, uh, investor discussion, wot? ;)

Cheers!

Wow - exciting times to hold a completely unbalanced amount of Tesla stock.

I suspect this is going to jump start the EV industry in Germany, but for the most part I still think German auto is ****ed.

They are just never going to be able to compete on the software front, or the vertical integration/design iteration side of Tesla.
I would agree, they still don't seem to get it. There is no vision, not even to copy Tesla.

The Der Spiegel article was really good, did you get a chance to read it? Tesla is going for autonomous vehicle fleets, basically to out uber uber and have users pay for them and software drive them and have no ICE issues. Cars able to understand when and why they need work, report themselves to service centers. Low risk, safe inexpensive driving...that is also great for environment. Only happens at the systems level and requires reinventing mobility. The car just becomes an extension of a software driven experience. They don't get this nor do they have a competing vision.

Großartiger Moment für Deutschland, habe wieder Hoffnung dass wir die schwierige Wende hinbekommen, zusammen mit Tesla.

Yes, difficult for certain industries, but Berlin has been though far worse in some folks lifetime. Now its time for this generation to show what they can do. Let's roll.

#Elektrofahrzeug2025

Cheers!

Hi guys, this is my first post. I have only been reading this forum. But since I live in Berlin and work as a policy advisor for transport in the Berlin state parliament I thought I could share some information.
The GF4 seems to be build in this location: Google Maps (Grünheide). At least that's what this local newspaper is reporting: In Grünheide im Landkreis Oder-Spree: Elon Musk will Tesla-Werk in Brandenburg bauen - Brandenburg - Startseite
Best first post I’ve ever read.

Hi guys, this is my first post. I have only been reading this forum. But since I live in Berlin and work as a policy advisor for transport in the Berlin state parliament I thought I could share some information.
The GF4 seems to be build in this location: Google Maps (Grünheide). At least that's what this local newspaper is reporting: In Grünheide im Landkreis Oder-Spree: Elon Musk will Tesla-Werk in Brandenburg bauen - Brandenburg - Startseite

Interesting tidbit: the plot of land was once eyed by BMW for a new factory.

This is an aerial shot of the industrial area. It looks like the plot in front is the only one big enough to house a Gigafactory.

25_GVZ_Ost_Freienbrink-popup.jpg

They only have to get rid of - how symbolic - the gas station in the middle of it.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
It's a given that he has security. That said, I'm not sure it's adequate given the importance of EM to the world and the amount of oil money and auto money on the line. He should really have better security than our current President because the risk is higher.
Yeh. Our current president already has the potentially violent crazies on his side.