Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question then is: can all those dealerships afford to stay in business when they're no longer making money from servicing ICE vehicles?

Well, they will cook up "required check of electric cables, re-condition battery" and this sort of crap. People will pay $375 per service.
Tire rotate, car wash, protective layers, etc still apply.
Dealers can also offer "better electricity" that many will pay extra for as well.

The stupidity of mob has no limits.

Why Tesla and Berlin are a perfect match

Tesla isn't the cheeky challenger here -- the German automakers are, when it comes to EVs.

Musk, in a sense, is buying insurance against being overtaken technologically. That could even justify the large differential in workers' wages: While the average Tesla assembly worker at in California makes $18 per hour, the lowest-paid German auto worker makes about 27 euros per hour, almost $30.

Instead, Berlin has a flourishing startup culture. According to Deutscher Startup Monitor, 16 percent of Germany's startup companies are located in Berlin. Only the country's most populous state, North Rhein-Westphalia, has a bigger share.

And when it comes to the number of tech workers, Berlin has more of them per 100,000 residents than any German state except Hamburg and Hesse.

Arguably, as a European tech hub the German capital ranks second only to London and possibly Paris. Musk said Brexit ruled out the U.K. as a potential site, and France has such restrictive labor laws that it's difficult to imagine Tesla opening a 10,000-job operation there when there are other choices.

"Berlin rocks," Musk said as he announced Tesla's plans.

OK just a hunch and I don't know what I'm talking about, but:

Shorts/bears seem to be throwing everything they've got at keeping TSLA below $350, and everytime they do, buyers gobble stock up and bid it right back up to $350.

I have a hunch that when their ammo runs out, we're going to make a run for new all-time highs...truck next week may seal that fate. That would mean short action closing their positions would accelerate...and we could be in the $400s within a few weeks.

Well, they will cook up "required check of electric cables, re-condition battery" and this sort of crap. People will pay $375 per service.
Dealers can also offer "better electricity" that many will pay extra for as well.

It isn't like dealerships don't already soak their customers. There are many things they could bill for. "checked electrolyte levels", "checked battery state", "checked motor".

And I don't think they'd even need to offer "better" electricity -- "topping off the battery" would be part of the mandatory post service checklist if your EV was brought in for any service, probably sold as a benefit. "Bring your car here for service and leave with a full tank" -- as long as they don't get too outrageous people aren't likely to care enough to check the billing versus kWh added.

Wow, again we cross the dreaded three fiddy.
How many times is this painful crossing to occur.
It surely saps at one's soul. It is as if one was betwixt two worlds.

Will no one rid me of this turbulent crossing ?
Can anyone explain why it almost seems as if there is absolute NO significance to these even numbers we keep throwing out... with the explicit proclamation that there is a "battle" going on somewhere over them?:confused:

(Guilty myself...):rolleyes:

Volkswagen says it has no plans to cooperate with Tesla

WOLFSBURG (Reuters) - Volkswagen <VOWG_p.DE> Chief Executive Herbert Diess on Friday said the German carmaker has no plans to cooperate with start-up electric carmaker Tesla <TSLA.O>.

Tesla should be admired for how quickly they innovate and s/ets the benchmark in some areas of technology, Diess told reporters at a press conference in Wolfsburg, Germany.

anthonyj is going to be heartbroken. heh

OK just a hunch and I don't know what I'm talking about, but:

Shorts/bears seem to be throwing everything they've got at keeping TSLA below $350, and everytime they do, buyers gobble stock up and bid it right back up to $350.

I have a hunch that when their ammo runs out, we're going to make a run for new all-time highs...truck next week may seal that fate. That would mean short action closing their positions would accelerate...and we could be in the $400s within a few weeks.

I'm pretty much expecting the "capping" method that was used all throughout Q4 last year to essentially be the same this year. I think they'll have plenty of ammo to hold it down for the next month and a half. Might not be quite as effective but I don't see us breaking the $400 barrier until either Q4 P/D numbers or Q4 earnings. The CyberTruck, no matter how cool, will have haters on it's style and the stock has historically not reacted well to product reveals.

The wild card of course is if an large investor or company takes a new stake in the company

Look, we've got some premium quality rust-proof high-gloss electrons we can flush your battery with, the service is on special right now in fact. Probably smarter to sign up for our monthly electron flush plan -- oh and don't forget to have your cables rotated while you're here.

Tesla Cybertruck revealed by rearranging the letters in the logo!
Eric on Twitter

EJYXxVeUwAEWcar.jpg

Look, we've got some premium quality rust-proof high-gloss electrons we can flush your battery with, the service is on special right now in fact. Probably smarter to sign up for our monthly electron flush plan -- oh and don't forget to have your cables rotated while you're here.
Hey, don't laugh! Remember, there's a lot of electricity being used here and those electrons put wear and tear on the cables*. If you don't rotate them they will wear too much in some places which can lead to premature replacement. While we'd be happy to sell you the gold-plated monster cables for $9,999 it will cost you less to pay $99 each month for the rotation.

Of course, if you really want your EV to perform well you need both the gold-plated monster cables and the rotation service. Your electrons will flow 20% faster and last longer.

:rolleyes:

* forgot to put in the "its just like spark plugs, but with even more electrons!"

Can anyone explain why it almost seems as if there is absolute NO significance to these even numbers we keep throwing out... with the explicit proclamation that there is a "battle" going on somewhere over them?:confused:

(Guilty myself...):rolleyes:
Right now there is a battle going on as to whether lunch will be from McDonalds or Burger King. I'm thinking Burger King. (Their fries are better) ;)

Dan

Remember that Tesla reduced the frunk space to a joke in the newer S--even if you purchased an RWD, the frunk is still minimal.

Did you see the "frunk" on any non-Tesla BEV? Take a look and then we'll discuss punch-lines!

In any case, I'd take the BioWeapon Defense Mode filter any day, zero traces of fumes inside the car (and Brussels is swarming with old, poorly maintained VW's :mad:)

But the old frunk in my P85 was great - I had (and still have) the Tesla "microwave" bag, it was perfect for charging* cables. These days, TBH, with the ubiquitouness of the SC network, I hardly ever use them.

* "charing" was a freudian slip

Last edited:
I'm pretty much expecting the "capping" method that was used all throughout Q4 last year to essentially be the same this year. I think they'll have plenty of ammo to hold it down for the next month and a half. Might not be quite as effective but I don't see us breaking the $400 barrier until either Q4 P/D numbers or Q4 earnings. The CyberTruck, no matter how cool, will have haters on it's style and the stock has historically not reacted well to product reveals.

The wild card of course is if an large investor or company takes a new stake in the company
What I wonder about is how much of the capping is from shares bought for the purpose versus how much are shares being sold short. If you believe $TSLA is over valued then it would make sense to short here. A lot more than at $200 anyway....

VW group lies a lot. See dieselgate and when Porsche said “we aren’t building a stake to takeover VW lol” then announces they own 70% of float

Doesn't even have to be a 'lie.' 'We have no plans to' is standard run-of-the-mill corporate speak for 'until we do.' It's a meaningless statement.

That said, I'd be incredibly surprised if we see anything concrete happening between VW and Tesla anytime soon.

Did you see the "frunk" on any non-Tesla BEV? Take a look and then we'll discuss punch-lines!

In any case, I'd take the BioWeapon Defense Mode filter any day, zero traces of fumes inside the car (and Brussels is swarming with old, poorly maintained VW's :mad:)

But the old frunk in my P85 was great - I had (and still have) the Tesla "microwave" bag, it was perfect for charing cables. These days, TBH, with the ubiquitouness of the SC network, I hardly ever use them.
One of the things I wish the M3 had was the BWD filter. Musk said it wouldn't have a frunk due to size. I say, "and? bring it!"

Sadly, he wasn't swayed by my opinion. :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Prunesquallor
What I wonder about is how much of the capping is from shares bought for the purpose versus how much are shares being sold short. If you believe $TSLA is over valued then it would make sense to short here. A lot more than at $200 anyway....

yeah but historically, the $TSLAQ motto seems to be “short low, cover high”. Not the savviest investors on the street.

972A40BA-2DB2-476E-AC9F-FF49C5BEE66B.jpeg