Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. There is not a single Wall Street analyst who have truck in their number forecasts! Not a single. This growing number will have to weigh into their bs at some point.
Well, ol' Gene Munster predicted 50K Cybertrucks total produced in 2023 during his interview on CNBC on Friday morning after the reveil. :p

/S Gene? Cuz ya gatta b kidn rite? :rolleyes:

Anti-Tesla trolls are hilarious. An exchange with a guy on Youtube:

j Bjez
2 hours ago
People who would buy the cyber truck, aren't or was never a truck guy

rickdc3
2 hours ago
Or for anyone that wants a truck for only $39,000 that doesn't rust, doesn't dent, doesn't scratch, will last a million miles, and only costs $2/day to drive 60 miles with basically no maintenance costs other than tires. Seems to me that only people that are really bad at math and don't care about money will buy anything else.

j Bjez
1 hour ago (edited)
@rickdc3 and isn't that the point of owning a truck for it to get scratches and other exterior damages IF doing heavy duty labor, and if you don't want to man up to the damages and other maintenance problems, well that your problem

rickdc3
1 second ago
@j Bjez You would rather have a truck that gets scratches and other damage from heavy duty labor, than one that doesn't? Do you buy a new truck and then bang it up the next day to make it look used? I'm trying to understand what you are saying, because it makes no sense.

I thought about that, but I wonder if it would have enough headroom if you shrink it down. I guess they might be able to add a flat roof, but some have said the triangle gives it the strength.

Edit: I guess if they didn’t mind the bad aero, they could reduce the rear taper. Maybe even use that for the $25k hatchback design.

How about this as a rationalization? You are locking in the $7000 FSD price. If they do succeed with FSD in the next few years, the price can dramatically increase. It’s like a $100 call option for the possibility that the vehicle will be worth more with full self driving :)

When shrinking it down they are not limited to this form factor, that was mainly determined by towing.

The limitation as I understand is no stamping and no paint, so square angular panels and flat glass.

So probably a similar front end, but a different angle for the windscreen, and a flat roof are possible.

If you can make it by cutting and folding cardboard they can probably built it, if it makes sense.

Last edited:
How about this as a rationalization? You are locking in the $7000 FSD price. If they do succeed with FSD in the next few years, the price can dramatically increase. It’s like a $100 call option for the possibility that the vehicle will be worth more with full self driving :)

I highly doubt that a 100$ reservation will actually lock in FSD at 7000$ price. It's not an order like the Model Y.

Maybe if FSD only costs 8k or 9k by then, or if they eventually separate a personal FSD license from a commercial FSD license it might work like this. But I cannot imagine that a 100$ reservation will lock in FSD price at 7000$ if it costs 20k, 30k, or more in a few years.

Anti-Tesla trolls are hilarious. An exchange with a guy on Youtube:

j Bjez
2 hours ago
People who would buy the cyber truck, aren't or was never a truck guy

rickdc3
2 hours ago
Or for anyone that wants a truck for only $39,000 that doesn't rust, doesn't dent, doesn't scratch, will last a million miles, and only costs $2/day to drive 60 miles with basically no maintenance costs other than tires. Seems to me that only people that are really bad at math and don't care about money will buy anything else.

j Bjez
1 hour ago (edited)
@rickdc3 and isn't that the point of owning a truck for it to get scratches and other exterior damages IF doing heavy duty labor, and if you don't want to man up to the damages and other maintenance problems, well that your problem

rickdc3
1 second ago
@j Bjez You would rather have a truck that gets scratches and other damage from heavy duty labor, than one that doesn't? Do you buy a new truck and then bang it up the next day to make it look used? I'm trying to understand what you are saying, because it makes no sense.

Ok, intervention time. Friends don’t let friends argue in YouTube comments.

Also, a large charging station is being built in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Not for use by customers. I feel that the new Tesla is going to be built in Hurt, Virginia. Hurt is only a 3 !/2 hour train ride from Hampton Roads and I feel that this Tesla station is to charge the new TESLA cars or trucks and will be charged before being loaded onto ships. Have been studying on this for a long time.....Does anyone know if I am correct?

Is this a different location from the Service Center that's going in ?

I'll vote $15K. Let's see if in the following years I'm correct :)
If you can plug it into your home solar/microgrid/powerwall array, and it has > 28KWh usable capacity on a 1M mile bty pack, who wouldn't park one of these in there garage for occasional vehicle trips (but mostly bread'n'butter V2H services)?

Come to think of it, thats what my sub-compact car mostly does all week right now (except for the V2H part). :p

$15K? I'm in.

I highly doubt that a 100$ reservation will actually lock in FSD at 7000$ price. It's not an order like the Model Y.

Maybe if FSD only costs 8k or 9k by then, or if they eventually separate a personal FSD license from a commercial FSD license it might work like this. But I cannot imagine that a 100$ reservation will lock in FSD price at 7000$ if it costs 20k, 30k, or more in a few years.

It literally says this right on the order page: "Selecting Full-Self Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future."

see for yourself: Design Your Cybertruck | Tesla

I don't know why, but when I picture my Cybertruck accelerating and rolling over stuff, I imagine a loud diesel engine sound! Make it stop!!!

That will be added to the Easter egg stuff, along with a loud fart adapter for the horn. In 1950 a friend of my Dad had a lovely green Caddy with air powered horn like a deep steamship whistle. Scared the sugar out of people.

Someone here calculated the triple motor would weigh over 3 tons. If so, what an added safety feature, except for those in the other car should they collide.

That will be added to the Easter egg stuff, along with a loud fart adapter for the horn. In 1950 a friend of my Dad had a lovely green Caddy with air powered horn like a deep steamship whistle. Scared the sugar out of people.

Someone here calculated the triple motor would weigh over 3 tons. If so, what an added safety feature, except for those in the other car should they collide.

or a locomotive whistle like the death mobile in animal house

To me this is a real advance in manufacturing. The price / range and expected lifespan of this truck is way way beyond anything currently being produced.

I think people keep forgetting that Tesla’s primary mission is to transition the planet to sustainable energy as fast as possible. Elon referenced the need to take on the small truck segment at the start of the presentation (as did Grimes).

If this is much more simple to manufacture at scale than a conventional truck body then it really is form following function.

So what if they take this approach to an A class vehicle? SS exoskeleton, 300 mile range, seats 4, no frills? What do you think they could sell it for? $20,000? $15,000?

what if it was much easier to manufacturer? So a single GF could do 3 million / year?

Tesla is aiming to surpass Toyota & VW on a worldwide basis.

I have no need for a truck. Never did, never thought I would.

And, I don’t need a truck. Really, I don’t.

I don’t need a truck.
I don’t need a truck.
I don’t need a truck.
I don’t need a truck.
I don’t need a truck.

I’m going out for the night to clear my head.
Completely understandable. May I suggest a night out at the Opera?

HTH.

Cheers!

I find it hilarious that the Cybertruck is inciting civil war even among fellow Tesla owners. There's probably more vitriol and eating our own than from Ford/Chevy groups.

So when I get my Cybertruck I'm going to park really close to the driver side door of other Tesla's.

Those owners can:

1.) Summon their car out.
2.) Crawl through the passenger side.
3.) Ding their door trying to get into their cars.
4.) Buy their own invulnerable Cybertruck. :D

You seem to be a pleasant person to be around. I guess someone has to come up with the rolling coal addon. That way you can really showcase your hate!

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
CNBC's buck pundit Jim Cramer announced on Friday that he thinks the Cybertruck is a "bit of a bust." This is my tweet to him of a few minutes ago (italics added):

@jimcramer I saw your bit on CNBC's Squawk on the Street about Tesla's Cybertruck. "A bit of bust"? 146,000 reservations in 24 hours after the reveal. The Ford Mustang Mach-E? 14,000 reservations by three days after its reveal. Doesn't sound like a Cybertruck bust to me.

It literally says this right on the order page: "Selecting Full-Self Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future."

see for yourself: Design Your Cybertruck | Tesla

I am aware of that yeah. My opinion is as such in spite of this wording.

It just doesn't make any sense for Tesla to do this unless people pay the 7000$ today, but not for a 100$ refundable reservation. I could see a lower level manager having signed off on this wording without higher level approval. I'm skeptical for now until Elon personally confirms it on Twitter or during a conference call.

I am aware of that yeah. My opinion is as such in spite of this wording.

It just doesn't make any sense for Tesla to do this unless people pay the 7000$ today, but not for a 100$ refundable reservation. I could see a lower level manager having signed off on this wording without higher level approval. I'm skeptical for now until Elon personally confirms it on Twitter or during a conference call.
Model Y is the same, why the doubt?