Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I mostly agree with your points you forgot an important one:

TMY can be parked everywhere. TCT is too large for city parking spots. Atleast in Europe. Are most parking lots/garages in the US sized for full size trucks?

My TMX is already pushing the limits in parking garages and parking lots. As much as I would love to drive the TCT I also would need to use it as my daily driver. And to do that I need to park.

So no Cybertruck.

I did list smaller exterior as a model Y advantage. I did it in an edit, so you may have not seen that.

Life lesson in this for people. Just here the number of people waving their arms and jumping up and down about how this was an epic fail, is this a joke, blah, blah, blah. Many of those same people now are, I’m buying it, smashed window be damned.

Step away from the keyboard/keep your mouth shut until your brain can engage and digest.

I was buying the truck regardless of looks (and said so on this board) because I have more important reasons not pertaining to aesthetics. And even I needed a few minutes to wrap my brain around the look because though I was prepared for a lot of possible ‘out there’ looks, that particular one wasn’t in my mind’s eye.

So many people in a hurry to express themselves and have their opinions ‘heard’. Be less of a loudmouth fool by waiting for your brain to catch up to your mouth. You’ll be respected and viewed as a thoughtful human worth listening to.
true

i was like,
- i love!
- wait, i don’t, not really
- ahhh, i’m ordering one
- ok, ordered

took two days

reveal was ok, kinda “tesla-expected”
the frenzy that ensued was predictable but still ridiculous. our social media state...i must be heard! dumb.

i told my friends thursday night the stock would go down 20 friday. but it wouldn’t matter, just temporary.

it did, it doesn’t, and it will be.

the truck is cool, but it’s success not the weathervane for direction of company, now. should only add value, not take away too much if fail.

I keep seeing discussions of military/combat uses for the CT. I can't figure how one would "refuel" an electric vehicle in combat. One can't just roll a Supercharger to the front lines. How might that work?
Megapacks trucked or helicoptered in. Of course it's still not as convenient as getting diesel from those diesel trees they have in war zones.

As cool as the CyberTruck is now, I can't wait to see some modded by new owners, with new wrapped colors and other ingenious designs on the canvas that is the CyberTruck. I mean the flat surfaces are almost begging for it, especially the front end and the upper portion of the vault.

The art of CyberTruck design will blow us away!

So, I'm going to be discussing the Cybertruck on the radio tomorrow... :)

Great, Karen!

Add me to your anecdotes of people who were at first sick to their stomach at the craziness of the design and Elon's humiliating launch / glass fiasco, but a day later, I've warmed up to the boldness of it and committed a paltry CA$150 for the consideration to buy one.

Working on the wife to authorize a rezzy, but got my father in law to reserve one, and he’s an old school truck guy that spends all his time rebuilding trucks. Said he was “tired of feeding 5 V-8’s.”

YAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!! (she retains veto rights at release...)

cybertruck.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Cybertruck, but I doubt it will become my daily driver over the S. I like being lower to the ground and tight handling. The Y should drive really well. The Cybertruck will drive well for a pickup, but all the test drives said you are really high, and the truck really raises the nose when you accelerates, and squats when you brake, etc. Parking a large pickup is also very different than parking the Y. Definitely different markets with only a little overlap.
Speaking of height, I was wondering if, given the air shocks, would it be possible for the CyberTruck to lower itself for boarding purposes, and then air up to the normal height for driving? I personally think that would be cool as all get out.

Speaking of height, I was wondering if, given the air shocks, would it be possible for the CyberTruck to lower itself for boarding purposes, and then air up to the normal height for driving? I personally think that would be cool as all get out.

The truly awesome thing will be that Elon will literally allow us to "crowd-design" a lot of the requested features over the next two years, and they will incorporate as much of the requests as is practically feasible.

I believe the Cybertruck will be a success but I haven't seen a reminder that the X had lots of reservations and Tesla was unable to convert them to orders. Once the X was on the market the situation quickly went from lengthy wait to 'please order and you can have it in a few weeks.' And the refundable reservation fee was much higher than $100.

What you say is more or less true. But as someone who had an X reservation for 2+ years when first deliveries started, and who passed on the X in 2016, let me add some context.

The X was expected to be similar to an S but for about $5k more. This wound up being technically true, but with a bunch of compromises. The 60 kWh X had a rather joke of a range. The rear seats did not fold on any configuration out of the gate. Virtually all the cool stuff other than the doors and windscreen were costly add-ons. The seat backs were a gaudy gloss black that would last more than a week in exactly zero homes with small children.

Basically, of you wanted to road-trip easily in it, you were looking at > $100k, and then you still only got a 90 kWh battery which had IIRC about 260 miles rated range. And you could not fold the seats no matter what you paid.

In short, Tesla released the X in a state that forced a good percentage of those waiting for it to decide whether they were ok with compromising vs a traditional SUV.

Lots of folks, including us, passed.

Move forward a few years, and Tesla remedied most of these issues. You can now get an X with 325 miles range, 7 seats (five of which fold flat), useful seat backs, and all tech gizmos aside from FSD included, for < $90k.

I now own an X.

I doubt the truck will have these same issues.