Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Police Cybertruck:

EKJrXThU8AIOXaS

That needs a neuralink Robocop. Built in Detroit.

• Funny
Reactions: 2virgule5
In tactical operations it’s assault and support, block and tackle and a whole lot of coordination of those units involved, nothing like what you see in the movies. Refueling happens at planned locations away from the “front line” and once an objective is secured, an appropriate supply node is established if determined necessary to achieve the next objective, whether tactical, operational, or strategic in nature.

Logistical support is the backbone of all military operations, friendly and foe. You can’t fight without beans, bullets, medical supplies, fuel, parts, maintenance, etc... It must be secure and available in a secure environment. It takes time to refuel a tank or truck as well. This is the same situation for the “enemy” as well.

So all military forces (including irregular) have techniques, tactics, and procedures to execute these operations. Extensive training, planning, and preparation occurs to execute these ttps.

To counter the opposition forces, whom all military forces believe require conventional fuel and conventional bullets and weaponry, aim significant planning and design to destroying or disrupting that conventional logistical support. If the bad guys can’t get gas/diesel they can’t move on land, air, or sea.

Now if you are planning to fight a force that is gas/diesel based, but the reality it’s primarily electric force which a completely different way of fighting and resupply, you find yourself at a significant disadvantage not only at a tactical level but on the scale of national security and strategy, strategic resource planning and otherwise.

Whole nation states and regions are defined by fossil fuel availability and utilization as a vital global economic resource. Complete grand strategies are build on the geopolitical importance of old and gas. It is almost unimaginable the impact of a non fossil fuel national economy and military force emerging in the future which is why impact of the acceleration electrifying transport has such widespread implications for the global economy and structure as we have known it.

That acceleration will only “gain momentum” as military advantage is seen thru electrification of the force, and starting with a vehicle like the Cybertruck and energy production and delivery tech such as solar and energy storage. (Not to mention spin off/synergistic applications from the development such as new weaponry of this at scale). The global competition to “get there first” (or an electrication “arms race”) would require a new “grand strategy” as well as national security policy to meet this new challenge before others do.

As Elon continues to announce further tech developments beyond current militiary capabilities or application, along with Tesla and spacex current scaling this new tech globally, there are real conversations happening.

It is only natural that we as investors/owners of the company explore the implications as Tesla could be at or near the center of rapidly developing bifurcation in strategic policy. The financial benefits as well as larger scale consequences.

Thinking about traditional wars, this is good news but may not be what we will experience in future. Cyber war is it. Look how successful Russia was in the last election, down to Manafort's leaking of poll data projections for the central/northern states plus Pennsylvania? 14,000 votes determined the election.

Also, what about EMP effects? But that may not be used since it is like poison gas and would affect attackers as well.

Last edited:
An earlier post I made, garnered a large number of disagrees. I was trying to illuminate the difference between the cyber truck, and the model Y. Can anyone explain why they disagree with this post? I understand Cybertruck being larger on the outside is a disadvantage, but I listed smaller exterior as one of the Y advantages in this post.

Is it that the 3 Model Y advantages far outweigh the 6 CT advantages presuming one doesn’t need a pickup? I would get that, but it seems strange as the whole reason anyone would pick a Model Y over a Model 3 is seating capacity, ride height or cargo. If those are the reasons to pick a CUV over a sports sedan, which is more efficient and better performing, why wouldn’t someone spend even LESS money to get even more of those things in the Cybertruck? Of course excluding Europeans where Cybertruck might be too large to work at all.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

And if he has the CyberTruck, he’d have built in Sentry mode to catch the jerks stealing his tools.

Yep, excellent point. And if FSD was in full bloom, the CT can just be sent to the big box store and be loaded with materials and drive back to the work site. I would so, so, so, soooo like this to be possible one day.

I can see the appeal of the 8' bed but that changes the length of the vehicle from just under 20' to bumping up to 22' and that means less space in the garage and a cascade of other issues that might even include weakening an exoskeleton vehicle as it gets lengthened (a maybe but I think as a triangle gets longer, it does not increase it's stiffness).

I would be fine with an accessory that lengthens the bed for those that need it. The Subaru Baja offered something like this I think.

An earlier post I made, garnered a large number of disagrees. I was trying to illuminate the difference between the cyber truck, and the model Y. Can anyone explain why they disagree with this post? I understand Cybertruck being larger on the outside is a disadvantage, but I listed smaller exterior as one of the Y advantages in this post.

Is it that the 3 Model Y advantages far outweigh the 6 CT advantages presuming one doesn’t need a pickup? I would get that, but it seems strange as the whole reason anyone would pick a Model Y over a Model 3 is seating capacity, ride height or cargo. If those are the reasons to pick a CUV over a sports sedan, which is more efficient and better performing, why wouldn’t someone spend even LESS money to get even more of those things in the Cybertruck? Of course excluding Europeans where Cybertruck might be too large to work at all.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable
I think the disagreement was with the Cybertruck killing the Model Y, not the points you brought up, which are valid.

The compelling reason to pick a Y over a 3 is the hatchback. A trunk lid is and has always been awkward--even if you're just carrying groceries. The other compelling reason is ease of entry/exit.

The compelling reason not to get the Cybertruck is size. A number of people want to drive a smaller car. Park underground at your work? At 18" taller than the Model S (9 inches taller than the X), it's a maybe unless your building is relatively new. Older buildings usually have zero or limited parking for tall vehicles. It's also 35 inches longer than the Model S (33 inches longer than the X), so it's going to stick out of many parking stalls. The 2 inches wider (same as the X) shouldn't be an issue though.

I'll buy that it will cannibalize X sales, but not Y sales.

@EVNow Can we stop with this RN numbers are sequential crap? They aren't.

6PM yesterday: RN112933xxx
4 hours later at 10PM: RN112927xxx

The number went backwards by 6247 in 4 hours. Maybe that many people cancelled their order and Tesla re-uses the numbers? :rolleyes:
It's just how a particular number batch was sent to the front end processor (the one you actually interact with). The numbers are likely sequential once you get enough orders.

Yep, excellent point. And if FSD was in full bloom, the CT can just be sent to the big box store and be loaded with materials and drive back to the work site. I would so, so, so, soooo like this to be possible one day.

I can see the appeal of the 8' bed but that changes the length of the vehicle from just under 20' to bumping up to 22' and that means less space in the garage and a cascade of other issues that might even include weakening an exoskeleton vehicle as it gets lengthened (a maybe but I think as a triangle gets longer, it does not increase it's stiffness).

I would be fine with an accessory that lengthens the bed for those that need it. The Subaru Baja offered something like this I think.
Stiffness does not equal strength. To get more strength on a longer section the section must be thicker.