Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My personal account was down 75-80% at the lowest. As SP headed south, I had to keep selling other stocks to keep adding Tesla Calls. It ended up being 100% Tesla only.

Today I was 3% below my ATH on this account. So I closed all my Calls and converted to Shares. (less stress and my other accounts are past ATH by big amount)
(I tried to exercise the Call at 350, kept getting some error and found it was better to close that call and just buy at 377).

The less funds ($$ )you have the less number of choices you have. So while my Delta just got halved today, I am OK and now have just Shares in this account.

Small amount of dry power after all said and done that I will use to time some jan 22 leaps at right time. cheers!!

Last edited:
It really doesn't want to go below 380. That's awesome.

Reverse manipulation? Collective rich folks just tired of the crap, and so buying TSLA candy is now a thing?
BRING IT ON! Get more TSLA, products or the company... or be a loser in history, maybe even several shorts named in a documentary.

I still think the Horse->Auto shift would have been a great movie too. The story was that amazing as they battled it out for decades really. Hard to believe this is just the beginning of the Tesla story.

SP now at the 12:30 pm Upper-BB (376.45)

It appears that during this hour manipulators were attempting to push down the TSLA price enough to trigger the stop limits of weak longs (including day traders), with the ultimate purpose of staving off margin calls to short sellers. It already looks like that attempt was feeble and likely failed. Institutions that invest long-term typically do not trade in such a forceful manner.

Pardon the interruption from your regularly-scheduled market actioning, but I believe this is somewhat relevant given the 'service/support/communication is a major investor issue' talk that is trotted out frequently. I have a quick story. Names and specifics have been altered to protect the innocent.

-This AM, <a friend of mine> pulled their Tesla out of the garage. <Piece of the Tesla vehicle> was caught on <piece of item attached to garage wall> and <broke>.
-Much cursing may or may not have occurred.
-<someone that may have been me> submitted a service request on the Tesla app. Picked the first available appointment at the service center--ten days out.
-One hour later, and still well before 9 am local time, the Tesla Virtual Service Team emailed asking for more detail. <Person that may have been me> replied in a few minutes.
-Ten minutes later, Tesla emails again, this time with the diagnosis (side mirror replacement), estimated cost, and an offer of mobile service.
-Another ten minutes later, the mobile service is booked.

Total elapsed time between incident and booking complete: < 90 minutes.
Total wait between incident and the appointment at which the car should be back to golden: one week.
Total phone calls and real-time interpersonal interactions required: 0.

Short of the local service center stocking mirrors for all vehicle models in all colors, this literally could not have been handled better. Well, other than <a friend of mine> setting the car to auto-fold the mirrors at this location prior to today, which configuration item I can neither confirm nor deny has been rectified.

Delivery ramping in the US
80662027_2673207562726329_2501945920254377984_o.jpg

I usually excel at multiple choice. But that is one that would stump me if I had a Tesla on order.

I would be pulling my hair out trying to figure out if I should select "I can take delivery any day" or whether to exclude all but the first day or two. :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Pardon the interruption from your regularly-scheduled market actioning, but I believe this is somewhat relevant given the 'service/support/communication is a major investor issue' talk that is trotted out frequently. I have a quick story. Names and specifics have been altered to protect the innocent.

-This AM, <a friend of mine> pulled their Tesla out of the garage. <Piece of the Tesla vehicle> was caught on <piece of item attached to garage wall> and <broke>.
-<someone that may have been me> submitted a service request on the Tesla app. Picked the first available appointment at the service center--ten days out.
-One hour later, and still well before 9 am local time, the Tesla Virtual Service Team emailed asking for more detail. <Person that may have been me> replied in a few minutes.
-Ten minutes later, Tesla emails again, this time with the diagnosis (side mirror replacement), estimated cost, and an offer of mobile service.

Total wait between incident and the appointment at which the car should be back to golden: one week.

Short of the local service center stocking mirrors for all vehicle models in all colors, this literally could not have been handled better. Well, other than <a friend of mine> setting the car to auto-fold the mirrors at this location prior to today, which configuration item I can neither confirm nor deny has been rectified.

Wait, so the car is just undriveable for the next week, with no loaner to replace it...?

I expect that fairly soon side mirrors will not be installed on new Teslas. They will be replaced by views from rear facing cameras. All that's needed is regulatory approval. I also wouldn't be surprised if many current Tesla owners would then be allowed to remove their side view mirrors.

I expect that fairly soon side mirrors will not be installed on new Teslas. They will be replaced by views from rear facing cameras. All that's needed is regulatory approval. I also wouldn't be surprised if many current Tesla owners would then be allowed to remove their side view mirrors.

As I remember, Elon suggested previously that that would give a not-insignificant boost to aerodynamics(and, therefore, range)

Wait, so the car is just undriveable for the next week, with no loaner to replace it...?

The car's fine. The mirror, not so much. But it's certainly driveable. Mirror's still attached-ish.

So said we all in 2012, when the X was revealed without side mirrors. I'm hopin', but I'm not expectin'.

Also, "duck tape" is a versatile tool. My former car had a similar calamity and was mended using duct tape over a long period. A new mirror would constitute a ridiculous part of the vehicle's value. It also helped that the colors matched pretty well. ;)

How that relates to this case is beyond my fathom. Just a tip.

Yes the car really shows the company is for real. March of 2018 I bought my 3 when the stock was down a bit. I had a 200 mile drive back home through the mountains and the car blew me away. I purchased another 50 shares as I realized Tesla had a real winner in the Model 3. Since then my car is now 10% faster, I have a little more range, and a host of new goodies like heated rear seats.... keeps me convinced they still have a winner.
So you should buy another 10% more shares now.

Unfortunately Robinhood says:

> Sorry! We’re not currently able to accept applications from outside the United States.

Is there a way to know how many non-US investors TSLA has?
Not really. Many investors who are not US domiciled have accounts in the US and invest directly. Unless the investor domicile is directly shown to be non-US the identification is difficult. Further quite a quantity of non-US ownership is obscured anyway because of US registered investment vehicles. In theory all this should be inconsequential. In practice it is fraught.

I spent some seriously irritating time trying to resolve precisely such issues for regulatory compliance purposes. Much depends on accurate self-identification. Bizarrely, anybody who wants to invest directly as a non-US person properly self-identifying is faced with considerable bureaucratic burden. Only the cheaters have it easy.

OK, I admit it. I'm a bit jaded.

Actually, the lack of an incentive is just a deeper moat. Product stands on its own. Elon has stated in the pass the tax break is sort of a crutch anyway.

Actually, he has said more than that. He said, not only does Tesla not need the Federal Tax Credits, they were, overall, a net negative for Tesla. And that was when buyers were still getting $7500 if I recall correctly. He said, if it were up to him, he would eliminate all tax credits.