Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without being a braggart, I strongly suspect that with the likely exception of @jbcarioca, I have known more high-profile CEOs than anyone else active on this forum.

And I can unequivocally and absolutely answer that question. Other than Mr Musk, I can count them on the back of my third hand.

AH, a Motie in our midst.

s-l640.jpg

Now we know how Elon is going to build the new batteries. WATCHMAKERS !

Okay we have the following people signed up to buy one or more shares at $420.69.

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

Who else is going to join us?
I'm in. :cool:

I can't imagine how making improvements to two or three items every week (which is what Elon has said they do in the past) could lead to anything other than massive heterogeneity in the population of Tesla cars on the road. Unless it's something as ridiculous as changing the same insignificant parts over and over. But that would be stupid so I assume that's not what's happening. You change things for a good reason, and obviously the good reason must exceed some threshold of utility, as well as being below some threshold of difficulty and danger

I don't see anything controversial or even debatable in what I wrote. Obviously there hasn't been huge impact, but I don't know why and I haven't seen anybody suggest why.
The reason I see is that compared to traditional cars, Teslas are mostly made up of plug and play modules (the wire routing issue you had appears to me to be an exception). Also some parts have changed multiple times as better systems have been adopted. I know of three upgrades to the TPMS receiver hardware that have been made to my S.

I think that the reason no on has suggested why is that it's pretty much a non-issue so there hasn't been a lot of discussion to start with.

Okay we have the following people signed up to buy one or more shares at $420.69.

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

Who else is going to join us?

In

Weekend off-topic - was just browsing the Netherlands sub forum and found out that there was an incident which might have slowed down the record deliveries there ;) :

upload_2019-12-20_13-33-18-png.490575

Model 3 - Afleveringen

Too funny not to share (since noone was hurt). I always thought it was a bit unintuitive that pushing the gear stalk down/towards you puts the car into drive :).
Oof.

I pulling the stalk towards you is similar to an auto where either you pull the column lever down, or the floor-mounted lever towards you.

Going up would seem counter to just about every non-manual car I've driven...