Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chargers at Ford dealerships will be a tiny fraction of the chargers available to Mach E owners.

The situation for CCS Network in 2020 will be FAR FAR better than early CHAdeMO network.
Yes, Electrify America has made it so (far far better than before). However, this network is and will be totally lacking for customers throughout all of 2020 and probably long enough beyond that that it will collapse under its own weight as it raises its prices ever higher to bring in the revenue needed to sustain itself. Chasing away what few customers they get in the process.

VW built the network because they were forced to, but they aren't forced to sustain it. Only by building the cars will they sustain it. It does appear that they are serious about trying to build the cars, but all indications are that in the US at least they won't be big enough and competitive enough to get there. I expect their charging network to wither about as fast as it was built. Sad really.

China's GDP per capita is less than $10k.

About 500M Chinese live on less than $5 per day.
The average household income in Texas is $59,206, so that's about $30,000 to $35,000 per capita (assumes most families have two wage earners). Using the same logic, it means no one in Texas can afford a new Tesla.

So, for my sins I had to take my wife’s Ford in for annual service today. Imagine my surprise to see this in their parking. BAF!

DFAD37F9-284E-43D9-8525-327A3927BCAC.jpeg

I don't see anything controversial or even debatable in what I wrote. Obviously there hasn't been huge impact,
You provided the answer. Certainly the changes add complexity to repairs but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level you suggest. Plus the flip side, what would be the negative impacts of not changing inferior components during manufacturing?

Seems the US has about 4x the number of millionaires vs China but that is still millions of millionaires.

The 18 countries with the most millionaires, ranked
US millionaires are a very diversified group. Lots of old money as well as new money, spread around the country.

Tesla doesn’t yet appeal to such a diversified demographic. Half of Tesla’s sales are in just one state: California.

China, whose millionaire class is mostly new, urban-concentrated money, has 5 times the number of millionaires than California.

I may have missed how to do the buy order at more than current price on E-trade. What are the settings to avoid buying lower as has happened to a handful of members?
TIA

An uncommon problem to have. Imaging calling their customer's service and complaining about not being able to buy a stock at $420 when it's trading at $413. Tesla bulls have such a hard time at the moment.

Personally, I will be happy if the mission statement is realized. While I have no respect for many of the above mentioned individuals and TSLAQ, in general, I would be just as happy if they keep their homes and move on to another negative crusade.

These people would not be as kind to any of us had they succeeded. Just remember they were out for blood. People who spread lies to put 40,000 employees out of work should get what they deserve. I have no sympathy for them neither.

Guess I am just not vindictive enough. Let's just end this by saying : 'Go Tesla':cool:

I may have missed how to do the buy order at more than current price on E-trade. What are the settings to avoid buying lower as has happened to a handful of members?
TIA
A stop-limit order needs to be placed (not just limit order).
"A stop-order comes in a few different variations, but they are all considered conditional based on a price that is not yet available in the market when the order is originally placed. Once the future price is available, a stop order will be triggered, but depending on its type, the broker will execute them differently.

Many brokers now add the term "stop on quote" to their order types to make it clear that the stop order will only be triggered once a valid quoted price in the market has been met. For example, if you set a stop order with a stop price of $100, it will be triggered only if a valid quote at $100 or better is met."

Note that a buying using a stop-limit is usually used by shorts to limit their losses.

Already touched ATH of 413.00 in pre-market.

I bring good news to you folks.

特拉风T☰SLA mania on Twitter

Breaking

Tesla just got yet another 5-year low interest loan of 10 billion RMB (yes Billion with a B), or approximately 1.5 billion US dollars, from several major Chinese banks.

90% of the standard interest just like last time.​

In the future , Jan/Feb 20 C/C
AJ, Morgan Stanley -- Elon, do you need to do a capital raise? We at MS can do it for you, and manage it for you ..
EM -- F**King, Hell, NO

US millionaires are a very diversified group. Lots of old money as well as new money, spread around the country.

Tesla doesn’t yet appeal to such a diversified demographic. Half of Tesla’s sales are in just one state: California.

China, whose millionaire class is mostly new, urban-concentrated money, has 5 times the number of millionaires than California.
Try true! BBA sales in China exceed us sales. The rich Chinese need to spend less on essentials due to lower cost and Spend more on luxuries for social status signaling purpose.