Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Jan 18, 2019
Mars Gigafactory 1
ATH in pre-market...

YEEEES!!!

Already touched ATH of 413.00 in pre-market.

I bring good news to you folks.

特拉风T☰SLA mania on Twitter

Breaking

Tesla just got yet another 5-year low interest loan of 10 billion RMB (yes Billion with a B), or approximately 1.5 billion US dollars, from several major Chinese banks.

90% of the standard interest just like last time.​

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2013
At home
Wow, I wonder if they know that in Firefox I can just hit F9 to "Enter Reader View" and see the whole article? :p

"Gregor Hembrough, head of Polestar USA, said in an affidavit that Polestar has accepted refundable reservations from seven Illinois residents, but final transactions have to be handled by a Polestar retailer."

Off-the scale-demand!!!

Last edited:

DrMazeppa

Senior Futurist
Mar 30, 2019
Europe
given the recent days (and the next few ones), I couldn't resist and I had to do this....

vvv.jpg

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
"Gregor Hembrough, head of Polestar USA, said in an affidavit that Polestar has accepted refundable reservations from seven Illinois residents, but final transactions have to be handled by a Polestar retailer."

Off-the scale-demand!!!

Polestar said they will first release in 9 countries.

China,California, Canada, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Evidently, Volvo considers California a country.

They later added Seattle.

Chicago/Illinois is not in the first waive of markets to get Polestar.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Polestar said they will first release in 9 countries.

China,California, Canada, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Evidently, Volvo considers California a country.

They later added Seattle.

Chicago/Illinois is not in the first waive of markets to get Polestar.
At this point China probably considers California and Seattle as provinces. Australia is also a province, but obviously only important for its commodities rather than its market.

BenPrice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
St. Louis
I recently moved to Redmond, WA...surprised by how many Teslas are on the road. Quite awesome. 2 coworkers added this quarter and were expanding our work provided on-site Tesla charging by double capacity 4 to 8, and they’re always full.

Redmond needs a supercharger tho. Kinda far and traffic-ky to get to alternatives.

2Pearls

Aug 10, 2013
NJ
Okay we have the following people signed up to buy one or more shares at $420.69.

Rammstein
Jo-
Unpilot
SW2Fiddler
shrspeedblade
keydriver
copyhacker
Don TLR
Calibear1
Lessmore
pnungesser
Dreadnought
Todesbuckler
dww12
EV forever
Queeg500
cohiba
anthonyj
InDaClub
bz51
pekap
Dysong1
winfield100
davecolene0606
Navin
Duffer
2virgule5
studiodb

Who else is going to join us?

count me in for at least 5 more! I started accumulating in early 2013 when I thought this could be a 10 bagger and now, at $400, it WILL be ANOTHER 10 bagger.

davepsilon

Sep 29, 2019
Massachusetts
From the article the root of the dealers' complaint is that they already sell Volvo Polestar's so they don't think it is fair for Volvo to split that brand without giving them the opportunity to sell them. And they cite the recent Hyundai/Genesis split where eventually all Hyundai dealers could join if they agreed to build dedicated facilities within x time. But to my laymen sensibilities I think it's different in that Genesis cars were without a Hyundai badge when the Hyundai dealers had sold them. The old polesters were just a trim level of volvos.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
There are also more middle class Chinese citizens than all us citizens total. China is a very complex beast.

Using a "Chinese" definition of middle class not a Western one.

Western businesses tend to look at the Top 200M wealthiest Chinese and extrapolate incorrectly.

The Wealth distribution is not similar to Western countries.

HG Wells

Martian Embassy
Apr 5, 2016
Visas Tuesdays 2-4
Without being a braggart, I strongly suspect that with the likely exception of @jbcarioca, I have known more high-profile CEOs than anyone else active on this forum.

And I can unequivocally and absolutely answer that question. Other than Mr Musk, I can count them on the back of my third hand.

AH, a Motie in our midst.

s-l640.jpg

Now we know how Elon is going to build the new batteries. WATCHMAKERS !

Beltsbear

Jan 1, 2016
Dc
There are also more middle class Chinese citizens than all us citizens total. China is a very complex beast.
The Chinese middle class is bigger then America’s middle class, but not bigger then the whole USA. Unless you define the Chinese middle class as a us poverty income.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC