Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-2-4_5-42-5.jpeg

(My wife wanted a cuddle at 5:30AM PST.)

Last edited:
so, you have no clue about cars and you got lucky with Tesla, I get it. Just like with Tesla, try test driving the Taycan before you speak...
0-60 is not the only parameter to a cars performance! And, they have already raced The Taycan with the Tesla P100D (Performance model) and the Taycan won.

You pick any objective video and the Taycan wins. I still love my Tesla's as well as my TSLA stock, but until, you drive the Taycan, you really should not be commenting. Isn’t this what everyone on the Tesla forum says about Tesla. Don’t short or buy another EV until you at least try a Tesla...then you will speak from experience and know better.

I should also mention that I have test driven the Taycan twice and had about an hour each time with the car with no salesperson in the passenger seat, and I can tell you after owning many performance and luxury vehicles including Porsche’s, MB and 3 Tesla’s, the Taycan IS THE REAL DEAL. Probably the best overall car and best Porsche as of today. I say this stating previously that Tesla was on a higher paradigm than any other car on the market!!

Yes, Elon explicitly said it during the earnings call that they are expanding at the upper limit of their expansion capacity and that they have more money than they need. He said that they had free cash flow in excess of 1 billion dollars despite a desire to spend as much of it 'sensibly' on growth projects as possible.

Musk's definition of "sensible spending" is less than 3 years ROI. E.g. there could be lot more solar panels in Tesla properties. ROI would be much better than it is for typical homeowners. No marketing costs. They could schedule it when they have less customer orders, etc. So by any metrics the ROI should be much faster than 5 years.

Considering that the cost of producing cars for Tesla (not just BEV, but any car) will be lower within 2 years than that is for legacy car makers they will want to have extremely fast expansion. There is no way that cash flow from operation will finance that. Musk does not want to dilute. So the crucial need is to convince the bond market that these investment will provide returns that will guarantee comfortably the repayment of bonds. I suspect that
Giga Berlin is the first project that is good for that. Plans are to create a plant that produces cars that are already proven to be very profitable.

S Plaid out in 6 - 10 months will make your Taycan purchase look dumb.

i can’t wait. I want Tesla to come out with the Plaid and I am waiting for the Roadster...but until then, the Taycan is IT. And, even with the plaid, I am not sure that fit and finish or the quality interior and materials will be as good. I hope I am wrong, but it looks bad being a hater. Go try the Taycan and then give me an honest review...or, do you still want to have blinders on. Again, isn’t this what we said when everyone talked down about Tesla? There is room for competition...we should welcome it.

Yeah so guys, maybe I'm the only noob here who has never sold anything for a meaningful capital gain before (my usual strategy has always been buy-and-hold but these are exceptional circumstances), but I've been reading this post:

So you're rich. Now what? : teslainvestorsclub

And now I've heard of something called Estimated Taxes. Apparently in the US, I'm supposed to pay taxes as I go. If I manage to yeet my way into substantial and meaningful capital gains which I will be taxed for, I need to pay some estimated amount of the taxes I will owe (at least 90%) or I will face a penalty when I file my yearly taxes because I haven't been paying as I get gains. This is something new to me, who has only ever drawn a paycheck and had taxes automatically withheld from said paycheck.

If there is anyone else who is in the same situation I am in, well, now you know what I know. Good thing I happened across this post otherwise I would probably have gotten reamed by the IRS next April.

This is from the IRS:
Generally, most taxpayers will avoid this penalty if they owe less than $1,000 in tax after subtracting their withholdings and credits, or if they paid at least 90% of the tax for the current year, or 100% of the tax shown on the return for the prior year, whichever is smaller.

If you pay during this tax year an amount equal to last year's tax you'll be OK until filing at April of next year (or later if you extend).

I should visit more often but when I do there are 30-50 pages to read.

Pardon the question for everyone..no offense to others....but @ReflexFunds and @Fact Checking .....Where is the buying coming from? Bezo's ex wife....Google execs.....Imploding hedge funds.....Baile G?

EDIT: This is not just short covering as enough shares are trading each day to cover all shorts....

So the crucial need is to convince the bond market that these investment will provide returns that will guarantee comfortably the repayment of bonds. I suspect that
Giga Berlin is the first project that is good for that. Plans are to create a plant that produces cars that are already proven to be very profitable.

Disagree, Tesla had a billion positive cash flow last quarter. Present revenues fund future growth. No need for bonds.

i can’t wait. I want Tesla to come out with the Plaid and I am waiting for the Roadster...but until then, the Taycan is IT. And, even with the plaid, I am not sure that fit and finish or the quality interior and materials will be as good. I hope I am wrong, but it looks bad being a hater. Go try the Taycan and then give me an honest review...or, do you still want to have blinders on. Again, isn’t this what we said when everyone talked down about Tesla? There is room for competition...we should welcome it.
dude, this is the tesla stock investment thread. GTFO

This is fantastic parody! Thank you!

I should also mention that I have test driven the Taycan twice and had about an hour each time with the car with no salesperson in the passenger seat, and I can tell you after owning many performance and luxury vehicles including Porsche’s, MB and 3 Tesla’s, the Taycan IS THE REAL DEAL. Probably the best overall car and best Porsche as of today. I say this stating previously that Tesla was on a higher paradigm than any other car on the market!!