Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
800 these days...

giphy.gif

Longs, shorts, MMs...

I know who the longs are and we really should stop smoking, but I can’t decide between the other two.

Wait, now I know. The shorts are Lee, all cool and thinking they still got this. The MMs are Eli trying to decide which side is going to win so they can temporarily partner up to take down the other.

That was only a week ago?!

Yes, here's a candlestick chart from the Opening on Mon, Feb 3, 2020: (Open: $673.83)
Today's Open was $800.47 so yeah that's up $126.64 or +18.8% :D

Also note that the Upper-BB also increased from $663.51 a week ago to $849.00 at the Open today. That's some real TSLA progress, because it defines the 'sell' signal for certain short-term/technical traders:

REMINDER: THIS CHART IS 1 WEEK OLD

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-02-03.09-30.png

Did I hop into an alternate simulation that runs through my life 10x faster than normal?

"Yes, you've entered the TSLA Zone..." [insert preferred Meme here] ;)

Cheers!

I know a few people who’d love to get into a Tesla, but just can’t swing for a new one. They’ve been looking around for used 3s and there just aren’t any that don’t scream, ‘****! That price isn’t much different than a brand new one?!”

True, Model 3's are in very high demand. All those people arguing in 2017 and 2018 that they would depreciate faster than typical cars in their price range look positively silly now. Before they only looked probably silly.

RobStark said:
I am sure the French and German governments will be happy to see Tesla take 80% plus EU automotive market share.
The Japanese government will be happy to see Tesla take 80% plus Japanese automotive market share.
The Chinese government will be happy to see Tesla take 80% plus Chinese automotive market share.
Thats how things work in the real world.

He’ll keep them happy by building state of the art gigafactories in their countries while innovating new technologies and taking over German firms like Grohmann and rewarding the workforce with stock options.

It's not up to Elon Musk to make French, German, Japanese governments happy. If their countrymen running their nations ICE companies aren't or can't get to production levels needed for EV to replace new ICE sales in the next 5 - 10 years, it's now becoming clear to those execs and politicians in their countries, that Tesla will just keep ramping their EV production until they do.
This is the virtuous cycle of ratcheting the pressure up each year on these companies as Tesla grows 50%+. On the Autobahn you either speed up or get out of the way.

Last edited:
TSLA is now the biggest holding in Scottish Mortgage Trust (SMT) at 12% of the £9.1bn global fund:

Tesla surge takes it past Amazon to be Scottish Mortgage’s number one

In response to concerns over the heady multiples to profits at which Tesla shares trade, Anderson and Slater have denied that they are insensitive to valuations, arguing that they are simply pricing in the considerable upside they see.

‘We cannot be certain in these opinions but we think the rewards for shareholders, if they prove to be justified, considerably outweigh the risks. As ever, we do not want to interrupt the potential for exponential compounding,’ Anderson explained in Scottish Mortgage’s annual report two years ago.

As a 'closed-end' investment trust is seems they are not required to cap holdings in individual companies to 10% (not like ARK).

Upward volatility almost sounds like oxymoron. lol
So you saying as price get around 900, due to high amount of Call options that could be executed, which will create downward pressure due closing of the call options?

No, the opposite effect: approaching and in particular breaking through price levels creates upward pressure, due to the delta hedging effect.

Reactions: saniflash