Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC will be covering TSLA after the commercial break.

Also I realized last week that if you have Sonos you can listen for free via TuneIn Radio which is included with speaker purchase.

CNBC's Phil LeBeau did a segment on Tesla's battery pack cost and pointed out how big of an advantage Tesla has over the other auto makers in this regard, something we on this board would consider old news. I can't wait to hear about the latest battery news in a few months and if that report that surfaced over the weekend regarding cost and efficiency turns out to even be partially correct I'd say ARC capital's predictions will not look so far fetched.

With China's production and Model Y production added to the mix we are going to see a lot of cars only restrained by battery production .... lots of great news coming soon.

Cheers to the longs.

CNBC's Phil LeBeau did a segment on Tesla's battery pack cost and pointed out how big of an advantage Tesla has over the other auto makers in this regard, something we on this board would consider old news. I can't wait to hear about the latest battery news in a few months and if that report that surfaced over the weekend regarding cost and efficiency turns out to even be partially correct I'd say ARC capital's predictions will not look so far fetched.

With China's production and Model Y production added to the mix we are going to see a lot of cars only restrained by battery production .... lots of great news coming soon.

Cheers to the longs.

Seems to me that Phil LeBeau has been doing his homework.......after hearing what Elon had to say about retail investors understanding Tesla better than institutional investors, maybe he's been reading up on here and elsewhere!

$1,880 calls are gonna go ITM and y’all gonna mark this as “funny” just like you did when I said buy $600 calls a few months ago :oops:
I rated this funny, but something is definitely going on for Jun 1880 calls. 50% up today.
People betting Starlink reverse takeover IPO?
Well the mission need to be changed again, so Tesla is to sustain Earth, and SpaceX is all for Mars and beyond.

TSLA is now the biggest holding in Scottish Mortgage Trust (SMT) at 12% of the £9.1bn global fund:

Tesla surge takes it past Amazon to be Scottish Mortgage’s number one

As a 'closed-end' investment trust is seems they are not required to cap holdings in individual companies to 10% (not like ARK).
Ark isn't required to do anything. Ark is selling a product, their fund management and research. It wouldn't make sense for ARK to let Tesla become half of their fund. If ARK share buyers want 50% exposure to a single company, they can buy that individual stock. I have started looking closely at ARK genomics myself. I'm interested because I don't know which genomics company will actually pop, so it's a way to trade that space without deep knowledge.

I rated this funny, but something is definitely going on for Jun 1880 calls. 50% up today.
People betting Starlink reverse takeover IPO?
Well the mission need to be changed again, so Tesla is to sustain Earth, and SpaceX is all for Mars and beyond.
Somebody (presumably a smart person) bought 900 contracts of June $900 calls before the pop. That person might know more than we do.

Order book this morning:

95A2355E-CC32-4B51-964A-85C9767AF8F5.jpeg

Here are the best stocks besides Tesla to play the electric vehicle boom, Morgan Stanley says

Does anyone have access to CNBC PRO? Curious to know what other companies that clown is recommending as alternatives to Tesla! (probably worth a chuckle or two!)
Probably GM. They seem to love it.

FOMO buyers missed out on apple, netflix, fb, amazon, google, nvidia and several others. Most of those stories have peaked. Tesla's story is just unwrapping now.
I caught Tesla at least.

Tesla all-time has spent around $19 billion.

Tesla short-sellers all-time have lost around $17 billion.

with all the money Tesla shorts have lost shorting Tesla, they could have started up their own revolutionary, globe-spanning car / technology / energy company.

Instead they chose to throw that money away trying in vain to stop the inevitable.

seems to be trending that way :(

I doubt we'll go red today...the whole reason we opened so strong was that there was a lot of buying pressure. The manipulators probably amplified that to create an opportunity to start some downward momentum. So we should end up the day in strongly positive territory unless the macros tank.

Man, Germany registrations up, factory back open, and this google rumor, and the price was still pushed down close to open.

Do you guys think the vocal shorts and TSLAQ crowd will finally give up after Q1/Q2 assuming numbers still look good or are will they still be yelling about fraud in 2030 while everyone is riding around in robotaxis?

Cannot believe this story is being picked up.

Google Could Acquire Tesla For $1,500 Per Share On Its Way To $2 Trillion Stock

What Tesla would stand to gain:
  • Google’s software muscle and large cash pile increase Tesla’s chances of executing well in a larger space.
  • We outline a case with Google as Tesla’s parent. This could see Tesla grow 11x from its current market cap of close to $135 billion to $1.5 trillion by scaling its production and deliveries to about 8 million units (approaching Volkswagen & Toyota) while monetizing its self-driving technology more broadly by licensing it to other auto-makers.
  • Considering that Tesla stock jumped to almost $1,000 last week from ~$500 in less than ten days, and all of this after an already surprising rise from the lows of below $200 less than a year ago, we believe the outliers are not so difficult to imagine.
  • In this analysis, we remind investors of risks in the stock, as-well-as provide additional color to the upside case, tying our two outliers analysis together.
What Google would stand to gain:
  • Google needs to grow revenues, and cars are a huge market, with roughly 90 million sold per year. Moreover, selling software is right up Google’s alley, and Tesla is the leader by far in the car software space.
  • Google has the financial muscle to undertake an acquisition of this size, given its $1 trillion market cap, ~$120 billion in cash reserves and free cash flows of over $20 billion a year.
  • Headwinds to its core advertising business are expected to weigh on Google’s top line over coming years, with the key revenue driver over coming years likely to be the strong expected growth in Google’s Cloud segment
  • If Google paid a 100% premium over Tesla’s current value of $750 a share, it would mean an acquisition price of $1,500 per share for Tesla. This would value Tesla at around $270 billion (double its current market cap roughly $135 billion). While this is a large sum to pay for a company that has yet to turn an annual profit, the upside may be substantial, as we detail below.
Could Tesla Be Worth $8,000 a Share to Google? Now We Are Getting Silly.

Man, Germany registrations up, factory back open, and this google rumor, and the price was still pushed down close to open.

Do you guys think the vocal shorts and TSLAQ crowd will finally give up after Q1/Q2 assuming numbers still look good or are will they still be yelling about fraud in 2030 while everyone is riding around in robotaxis?
Many of them will never give up - or they will be replaced by new ones...

Tesla all-time has spent around $19 billion.

Tesla short-sellers all-time have lost around $17 billion.

with all the money Tesla shorts have lost shorting Tesla, they could have started up their own revolutionary, globe-spanning car / technology / energy company.

Instead they chose to throw that money away at us longs trying in vain to stop the inevitable.

FTFY :)

Cannot believe this story is being picked up.
Yeah but it's nice to see some positive fake news for once around Tesla. I guess google forcing me to sell my shares at $1500 isn't my worst case scenario, but it certainly isn't my best case.

The only way I see it being remotely possible is if Google decided that Tesla won the race to FSD and Waymo was at a dead end.