Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but it's a bit of a gamble. If Q1 is decent and the stock continues to go up, then NOW is the last great buying opportunity. So by setting that cash aside instead of buying now, you're really betting against the company for Q1. I don't have the guts to do that. :)

it's not a much of news for long term shareholder, but shorts have more worry in short term, Brokerage house always try to hold stock around offering price so shorts are screwed again.

At this point, it would be a fair question to ask where will the new capacity be to produce the Semi, model Y, cybertruck, and solar glass tiles? Presumably the share offering will be for increasing capacity.

The playbook it now known, so it appears to be just a matter of more productions lines, or factories...
GFTX, GFCN2 to start.

Fidelity is pleased to announce that we are able to provide eligible customers* (see *Eligibility below) with the possibility of participating in the following public offering:

Name of Issuer

Tesla, Inc.

Industry

Consumer Goods

Security type

Common Stock

Expected size of offering

2,650,000 shares

Expected price range

LAST SALE (2/12): $767.29

Offering type

Follow-On

Distribution by

The Issuer

Expected pricing date

02/13/2020 After the close

Indication of Interest Period

02/13/2020 by (4pm ET)

Back in 2013 when shares shot up from $30 to $92 Tesla used that opportunity to raise some capital between $90-92. Elon also bought some shares at those prices, the stock eventually stabilized between $88-92 through some trading days/weeks before breaking out again. I think selling stock at current prices will likely help stabilize the SP in the $700 range before breaking out again.

FTFY. I had to add the part you forgot. ;)

Lolshortz!

$TSLA: Model X recall and an out of blue the $2b raise = green

$TSLAQ:
tenor.gif

(credit: Earl of Frunkpuppy ;) Earl of Frunkpuppy on Twitter )

I welcome this surprise raise just like I did Elon's back and forth on store closing. I talked to some fence sitters and their reasoning almost always included Elon as being unpredictable. To those I said "good, I dont want the guy running the company in which I put my entire liquid asset in to be predictable. It wouldnt be a very good company."
I'm surprised by some doubting this raise. Lets embrace it. This is exactly why Tesla is miles above the competition, if there was any. The ability to make new strategic plan and execute it on the flight, not bogged down by beaucracy. I trust Elon to make the best decisions with the information he has.

It can't be a coincidence that the recall was officially announced the day before the cap raise. This cap raise has completely pushed the recall news out of the cycle.

Also the 10-K was released shortly before, which would start the countdown clock for possible S&P and Moody's credit rating upgrades ...

Also the 10-K was released shortly before, which would start the countdown clock for possible S&P and Moody's credit rating upgrades ...

Seems crazy for Moody's to put off upgrading Tesla after this. I know it's certainly in their right to do so, but... flush with cash, profitable, great outlook...