Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I have been revising my plan for what to do if the markets continue down. Still too expensive for me to bring out the slow and not so easily accessible dry powder. Reading up on how to find the bottom of this. Not so easy.

There is no way to know where the bottom is until it already happened. By the time you know it has bottomed, prices will be much higher. We might have just bottomed or the true bottom might be in the $500's.

Because human psychology sets the price.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. As if the market tanking wasn’t stressful enough...my phone got hacked late last night! The below is the message I’ve been sending to my family and friends (I spend way too much time with you guys!) Be careful everyone!!

So last night my phone got hacked in a very scary way that I’m still not sure how it happened. My cell service suddenly stopped working, thought my phone was acting up. But when I was connected on WiFi, I had several emails saying that my passwords had been changed. I was able to call T-Mobile using my wife’s phone and restore service. Seems like someone was able to temporarily steal my sim somehow and then they got into my yahoo email account by using the text verification code! They then reset my coinbase account that I luckily no longer use. But clearly they were after Bitcoin since they can transfer funds without being traded. I was up past 2 am calling T-Mobile and resetting all my passwords.

There is no way to know where the bottom is until it already happened. By the time you know it has bottomed, prices will be much higher. We might have just bottomed or the true bottom might be in the $500's.

Because human psychology sets the price.

Worse: sociology sets the price. And that's barely even a science!

So a bit of a personal note but funny how it corresponded to this market "correction" and really affected my mental state. Our Model 3 (almost 50K miles) developed an awful creaking coming from the suspension suddenly on Monday. It's probably a control arm. The thing sounds like a rickety stagecoach going down the street, to the point that it's utterly embarrassing and everyone turns and looks. At least everyone can hear me coming in parking lots now. It'll be fixed Monday (I hope) and maybe with a HW3 upgrade too!

But combined with my TSLA-heavy portfolio being down nearly 50% and not enough dry powder to feel like I was really able to take advantage of the sale, sure felt like things were coming apart. Of course I'm well aware that everything will be ok, and this is such a small blip in the grand scheme of things...Tesla is continuing down its path of saving the world via domination, and the SP will quickly trend in the right direction.

When I step back and parse everything out, it was our beloved Model 3 developing this issue that was bothering me most. Maybe it's just an illustration of how deeply consumers can fall in love with these products.

Wait for high 400s low 500s imo. Tesla has a history of dropping at most 50% from its previous all time high. If you’re a super long term investor then it doesn’t really matter

Timing the market is hard, but I know an indicator that worked last year.

In 2019, Adam Jonas bashed Tesla for five months until late May when TSLA sank below $180. Then he contradicted himself within a week and turned positive on company prospects. That's when I started buying shares again.

When a volatility-milker like Morgan Stanley signals they are ready to milk an upswing, that's when I expect it to start. Of course this is a historical sample size of only one. But I'll be watching Joker Jonas this year.

So a bit of a personal note but funny how it corresponded to this market "correction" and really affected my mental state. Our Model 3 (almost 50K miles) developed an awful creaking coming from the suspension suddenly on Monday. It's probably a control arm. The thing sounds like a rickety stagecoach going down the street, to the point that it's utterly embarrassing and everyone turns and looks. At least everyone can hear me coming in parking lots now. It'll be fixed Monday (I hope) and maybe with a HW3 upgrade too!

Not investment related.

I had the same sharp creaking sound coming from the read suspension when the car was around 40k mile. It was super loud and uncomfortable. It went away after driving on the freeway for about 10 minutes, and it hasn't came back. Hope the same goes for you.

Yesterday my Model 3 saved me on the freeway from a SUV when the driver changed lane without checking his blind spot. My car swerved before I even realize what happened. Sure the stock is taking a pummeling but I don't think any other car could avoid this crash like a Tesla could. If I were driving any other car, not sure I would be up and typing this morning. It's all about perspective and I'm just grateful my family and the other driver were both unharmed and went on our lives.

Is it just me or no ''main stream'' media seems to have caught up the model Y march delivery news???

Dude, they can't think about anything right now but the coronavirus. They could care less about Tesla at this moment.

And it's not just Tesla. They aren't covering much of anything else. They dream about stuff like this coming along - it's great for their business. Like a hurricane to tree removal companies!

Last edited:
Dude, they can't think about anything right but the coronavirus. They could care less about Tesla at this moment.

And it's not just Tesla. They aren't covering much of anything else. They dream about stuff like this coming along - it's great for their business. Like a hurricane to tree removal companies!
Coronavirus clickbait >>>> Tesla clickbait.
Not investment related.

I had the same sharp creaking sound coming from the read suspension when the car was around 40k mile. It was super loud and uncomfortable. It went away after driving on the freeway for about 10 minutes, and it hasn't came back. Hope the same goes for you.

Yesterday my Model 3 saved me on the freeway from a SUV when the driver changed lane without checking his blind spot. My car swerved before I even realize what happened. Sure the stock is taking a pummeling but I don't think any other car could avoid this crash like a Tesla could. If I were driving any other car, not sure I would be up and typing this morning. It's all about perspective and I'm just grateful my family and the other driver were both unharmed and went on our lives.
FWIW, I had what I thought was suspension creaking and it was just the hinge for the trunk. They said they had seen it before.