Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not investment related.

I had the same sharp creaking sound coming from the read suspension when the car was around 40k mile. It was super loud and uncomfortable. It went away after driving on the freeway for about 10 minutes, and it hasn't came back. Hope the same goes for you.

Yesterday my Model 3 saved me on the freeway from a SUV when the driver changed lane without checking his blind spot. My car swerved before I even realize what happened. Sure the stock is taking a pummeling but I don't think any other car could avoid this crash like a Tesla could. If I were driving any other car, not sure I would be up and typing this morning. It's all about perspective and I'm just grateful my family and the other driver were both unharmed and went on our lives.

It's investment related in that maybe the car lets you live another day in order to invest. :D I don't think I'm as lucky as you on the creaking but we'll see. Thankfully still under warranty (barely) or the irk-factor would increase a notch.

Maybe it will resolve itself as the SP returns to the 750+ range...speaking of which, isn't max pain something around there?

• Funny
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Keep buying

Did my part early this morning .... grabbed 50 shares. Looking to add another 100 on the way up.

I sold some of my long standing AAPL early this week to free up some dry powder ... it was a move I'd been planning for a while as I feel AAPL is still a fantastic stock but it's exponential growth is behind them .... TSLA on the other hand ... well you already know!!!

Cheers to the longs .... (not totally confident my buy this morning will look as good by the close but I don't care ... let's look at it in 3 years and I'm pretty confident I will be very happy with the buy! )

My only concern is that if people have their brokerage accounts down 30-50%, they'd hesitate a bit more on a 50k car unless they really needed it.

Why do you think significant numbers of people will have brokerage accounts down 30-50%. Yes, it's possible if the Coronavirus goes crazy but it doesn't look like that will be the case. People who sold in fear at the bottom and then shorted the market as it rose could be down that much but who does that? Probably not people who would buy a Tesla anyway.

It looks like the SP500 is only down 9.25% since the beginning of the year and 13% off its all-time high.

I actually think thats good though. a weekend where people cannot trade, and the press will eventually talk itself out of all the excitement. The first time they get to unravel their exciting scrolling BREAKING NEWS with scary images of a scientists or a dude in a hazmat outfit...it gets clicks and views, but after day X people start wondering about the baseball scores or whats on netflix.

People bore quickly, and the constant OMG VIRUS headlines only draw heads for X days. 2 days of a closed market is exactly what we need to restore some long term thinking.

So..if that makes sense, monday should open definitely up, so I'd say the smart money buys at close today.

S Carolina primary on Saturday and others on Super Tuesday should help provide new fodder to media and they will move on from COVID fear mongering. I hopeful for markets to stabilize over weekend.

Not investment related.

I had the same sharp creaking sound coming from the read suspension when the car was around 40k mile. It was super loud and uncomfortable. It went away after driving on the freeway for about 10 minutes, and it hasn't came back. Hope the same goes for you.

Yesterday my Model 3 saved me on the freeway from a SUV when the driver changed lane without checking his blind spot. My car swerved before I even realize what happened. Sure the stock is taking a pummeling but I don't think any other car could avoid this crash like a Tesla could. If I were driving any other car, not sure I would be up and typing this morning. It's all about perspective and I'm just grateful my family and the other driver were both unharmed and went on our lives.
Was it on autopilot when this happened? Would the same thing happen if autopilot was NOT engaged?