Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to the blackboard and write 100 times: Paper losses are not losses.

Look at the blackboard. What does it say. :)

It says "Paper losses are not losses." But I'm scratching my head wondering what losses I was writing about.

TSLA up a healthy 0.54% today and 12.2% over the last 3 days (which is more than 6% better than the SPX) and up a whopping 74.15% YTD. The SPX is actually down 3.39% YTD.

Paper losses, smoshes! I'm celebrating! :)

Pumped to pick it up. Yes, it is satisfying blowing someone off the line at a stop light. It's the little things in life. And, oh yea, the new 390 mile range is quite the bonus!
This guy pissed me off because 1) he had bolted one of those huge stupid skeleton spoilers onto his Porsche and 2) he had given us a smug smirk while we were sitting at the light. My wife looked at me, I looked back and told our two passengers to hold on.

I'd also point out that this is an election year. So the whole market could be inhibited until the US elects the next president.

I think we'll have hit well over $1000 by the time the election happens unless there is a bear market in the interim. And I don't really expect that at this point in time.

GM picks Lordstown site for $2.3 billion battery plant

Part of the new UAW contract with GM was to open a battery plant in Lordstown Ohio on a joint venture with LG which was expected to break ground in the middle of 2020. I hauled vehicles out of the Chevy cruise plant they closed not long ago and it is now being turned into some kind of electric truck plant called Lordstown motors. Not sure if that has anything to do with GM tho? The company I work for has a terminal right next door and no one I've asked has any idea about where the new plant is supposed to be built but when I find out I'll be sure to swing buy and see what's going on.
On another note one of the largest GM dealers I deliver to in Pennsylvania i speak with the owner everytime I'm there. Literally 2 weeks ago I was asking him about what's going to happen to his business with EVs becoming such a large part of everyone's plan. He said and I quote "it's so far off it doesnt even matter the infrastructure is not there and wont be for a very long time". Youd think they'd have a plan

That’s true. I don’t like to get caught up on one days performance but today was a disappointment. We are getting really good pre market buys then at the opening bell they force us down to level and make us ride the macros all day. We should have been riding today’s action from 770 not 740. It’s the most BS manipulation, but I guess I should be use to it.

I’ll calm down now, model Y deliveries coming soon! We will take off when the time is right.

I wasn't aware of "Max Pain" before joining this forum.
Now that I am well aware of it, it makes watching the ticker quite boring.
If there is no breaking news, you can pretty much quess where we will end up.
Where did the SP close today? $749.50
Where will the SP close tomorrow? $750.50
Where will the SP close on Friday? $750.00

upload_2020-3-4_16-42-56.png

I wasn't aware of "Max Pain" before joining this forum.
Now that I am well aware of it, it makes watching the ticker quite boring.
If there is no breaking news, you can pretty much quess where we will end up.
Where did the SP close today? $749.50
Where will the SP close tomorrow? $750.50
Where will the SP close on Friday? $750.00

View attachment 517990

Blatant manipulation, starting in premarket and then a heavy short attack in the first few minutes to drop the price to the desired level, then manage that level during the day.

C6EB5D7F-7357-482F-810D-F7976F4E47B6.jpeg

When will this end? I’m so sick of it...

GM's PR machine at work....

Hummer Electric Pickup - 2022 GMC Hummer SUV Details, News, Photos
General Motors President Mark Reuss suggested in a February 2020 presentation the new Hummer EV could hit dealerships before any of its competitors, Motor1 reports. It's slated to arrive in Fall 2021, which would align it with the same timeline Tesla has planned for the rear-wheel-drive version of its highly anticipated Cybertruck. Reuss's claim doesn't seem to take into account Rivian, the new startup with massive funding from Ford and Amazon that says it'll begin deliveries of its R1T pickup at the end of 2020.
Actually, the RWD cybertruck is for later. If the Hummer EV gets released on time it will be competing with the AWD and tri-motor variants. And, according to car and driver[1] it will start at $70k -- unlike the cybertruck which starts at $40k. Instead it is priced against the tri-motor which is rated for >500 miles.

1) 2022 GMC Hummer EV SUT: What We Know So Far

Blatant manipulation, starting in premarket and then a heavy short attack in the first few minutes to drop the price to the desired level, then manage that level during the day.

View attachment 517998

When will this end? I’m so sick of it...

Once Tesla is added to the S&P 500, the manipulators may need to seek an alternative target.

GM picks Lordstown site for $2.3 billion battery plant

Part of the new UAW contract with GM was to open a battery plant in Lordstown Ohio on a joint venture with LG which was expected to break ground in the middle of 2020. I hauled vehicles out of the Chevy cruise plant they closed not long ago and it is now being turned into some kind of electric truck plant called Lordstown motors. Not sure if that has anything to do with GM tho? The company I work for has a terminal right next door and no one I've asked has any idea about where the new plant is supposed to be built but when I find out I'll be sure to swing buy and see what's going on.
On another note one of the largest GM dealers I deliver to in Pennsylvania i speak with the owner everytime I'm there. Literally 2 weeks ago I was asking him about what's going to happen to his business with EVs becoming such a large part of everyone's plan. He said and I quote "it's so far off it doesnt even matter the infrastructure is not there and wont be for a very long time". Youd think they'd have a plan
Ha, that's funny... a good friend had to have his company truck repaired at a Chevrolet dealer in Eastern OR last week and they gave almost the exact same answer when he asked about GM electric vehicles and their impact. They also stated that the high speed charging stations would be located at the dealers. Wonder if GM sent out a memo...

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold