Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The township I live in in Pennsylvania, Montgomery, is ordering mass closings of all non critical infrastructure establishments for 2 weeks. It's a good thing IMHO. Local stores are stripped bare of many items. We've been stocking up for 2 weeks now and are prepared to hunker down. I have enough projects around the house to keep me busy if I can stop watching TSLA and catching those falling knives, which I figure is better than trying to catch a rapidly rising rocket ship.

PA Governor Tom Wolf states: "all critical infrastructure will remain open, including all health care facilities, gas stations, grocery stores, government and mass transit."

Wolf says Montgomery County is the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak where there are 13 of the state’s 22 cases. Among the cases are a doctor and a police officer — people with broad contacts in the community.

“The goal is not to shut anybody down, the goal is to keep Pennsylvania safe and by taking action, decisive action to mitigate, we’re moving beyond simply containing,” Wolf said.

The governor’s closing order covers places like the King of Prussia Mall and theater, Suburban Square and the Ardmore train station.

Any state employee traveling in and out of Montgomery County is now being directed to work remotely.

Guessing Fremont Plant suspension soon for AH mvmt
so just making things up? are there reports of all manufacturing getting shutdown in california? what's the basis for your claim?

Looking at the headlines, it appears it has to do with the closures of Disneyland and other events that aggregate a lot of people together in very close quarters.

Last edited:
Guessing Fremont Plant suspension soon for AH mvmt

Electrek was reporting that Tesla is withdrawing US employees working on GigaBerlin over coronavirus concerns.

Tesla withdraws US employees working on Gigafactory Berlin over coronavirus concerns, report says - Electrek

Business Insider 2 hours ago was reporting some leaked Tesla memo about what they are doing about worker safety as the virus spreads. It's BIPrime so can't read. Lead text talks about it's factories in the U.S. Maybe someone has access and can share? Timing on that 2 hours ago could support your guess @dw4ngg .

BI's story is also available if you get Apple News+ btw. (again don't have access).

Last edited:
I sold all of my Tesla shares today. Nice profit, but not nearly as great as it would have been, if I had been wise enough to sell a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the coronavirus suddenly arose out of left field to upset both my technical and fundamental analysis. I'll consider whether to get back in after the dust appears to have begun to settle.

Thanks for the information. Feel free to also post when you get back in.

I sold all of my Tesla shares today. Nice profit, but not nearly as great as it would have been, if I had been wise enough to sell a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the coronavirus suddenly arose out of left field to upset both my technical and fundamental analysis. I'll consider whether to get back in after the dust appears to have begun to settle.

I feel sorry for your loss. Running with it all the way to 178 and selling at 550, doesn't make sence to me, but what should I know.

Lol people still think shorts manipulate the stock? It wouldn’t have gone to $968.99 if they had any power. Shorts got destroyed and Tesla can go up $200 just as easily as it can go down $200. It’s just going to be a very bumpy ride. Tesla is one of the only stocks that is still positive YTD

New shorts got some powder recently if you haven't noticed. But I am ready to smoke these new shorts too.

I feel sorry for your loss. Running with it all the way to 178 and selling at 550, doesn't make sence to me, but what should I know.

Not a loss; a large profit. Just not as much it would have been a few weeks ago. My initial Tesla shares were purchased at $38 each 7 years ago. I sold some in 2016 to pay cash for a brand new home. Now I'm fully on the sideline and feel comfortable. At age 74, my greater concern is my ability to avoid the coronavirus.

I'm honestly wondering why Disney AH is only down 2% after announcing closing its parks and TSLA is down almost 8% with no announcement.
DIS is going to be down a lot more when people figure out that no one is going to watch ESPN when all live sports have been canceled. Puts on DIS is my move tomorrow.

edit: Also Disneyland announced they are closing. That is how serious it is. Disneyland literally never closes. It has only closed (unexpectedly) 5 times since it was opened in 1955.

I said guessing ...

And I’m also still longer than ever.
A better guess, in my opinion, is that Tesla will roll out a lot of the same measures they are using in Giga Shanghai to protect their workers.

Edit: I do think there is a possibility at some point where they cut production on some vehicles depending on where we go from here. Cut shifts in Q2? Hard to gauge the economic impact and the effect on buyers since the US Federal response has created a lot of fear. Tesla has had relatively low inventory coming out of Q4 so maybe not a problem until Q2? Hopefully there is a stronger Fed response by April which calms everyone.

Last edited:
I love my Tesla M3, believe in Tesla and their mission. However, as advised earlier, I'm sitting this one out waiting for calmer times.
Many of you TMC posters I consider my friends and it is with heavy heart that I write this. Many of you bought in at $200, $250, $300, $350. Some even lower at under $150 and even others at the $30 level. Many of you are well insulated with your gains. However please be careful. We are in unchartered territory. This is not a black swan event. More like a black rhynosaurus. Even with the substantial drop in the last two weeks, TSLA is holding amazingly well (please refer to chart below). TSLA was at <$180 just nine short months ago and we past the $420 mark within the last three months, December 2019. TSLA is still well up for this calendar year. Even with all the tremendously good news coming from Tesla, they are at the top compared with almost all other stocks. Therefore the potential to drop significantly more from this point is a strong possibility. For those that bought in above $530, ya I know it sucks. Do I think Tesla will be worth $4000/share? Most definitely, but it will take several years and we could be in a sideway position for six months or perhaps even a year or more until V19 runs its course and the manufacturing ramps up in earnest. Anyone that thinks there is going to be a quick turnaround is optimistic, although IMO unrealistic. North America is just starting to feel effects of community shut downs. NBA yesterday, NHL today, All Ontario, Canada, public funded schools now to be closed for three weeks effective Monday (two weeks longer than standard March Break). That is 4600 schools, 2 million kids at home for an additional two weeks, with reopening not guarranteed at this time. We are now living in bizarre world. Expect the unexpected. Be careful. Stay calm. Stay healthy. God bless.

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 6.58.20 PM.png

agree they can use China approach. Also they can reduce the shift.

But the good things is that even if it is, a 2 weeks of production cut is not a big dent. I assume this will also balance any blip in the demand we may have seen or may see in next few weeks.

The stock has already been corrected a whole lot and tesla was never priced for next quarter number.

Bollinger unveils its electric truck platform, markets it to commercial vehicles - Electrek
Looks like a sleek design - minimal tooling. Should be flexible and a great way for various companies to get into selling EVs. No price but should help Bollinger profitability.
They have a lot of designs and relatively nothing on the market considering the amount of time they have been around. One would think they would have sold something to the public by now. I am beginning to think all these Tesla killers will be Bollinger killers.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger