Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m one of those who probably has a higher cost average(630) than most on this forum. I don’t need the money now so no reason to sell any of my shares. This is a great company and I’m sure it will do fine once some positive news starts coming out. Why would you sell now if you haven’t sold already?

Is another downgrade coming tomorrow? would not surprise me at all based on the AH action.

You saw how the market reacted to the fed pump today even though it was just for a few minutes. I expect it to react more violently once our politicians realize they need to do something about it. There are other catalysts that can pick up the market but a modicum of unity from our politicians will go a long way.

I sold all of my Tesla shares today. Nice profit, but not nearly as great as it would have been, if I had been wise enough to sell a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the coronavirus suddenly arose out of left field to upset both my technical and fundamental analysis. I'll consider whether to get back in after the dust appears to have begun to settle.

This definitely makes me concerned. Am a big fan, Curt. Did you sell everything or just TSLA?

I sold EVERYTHING (all my stock, not just TSLA) on the first day the market started heading south. Wife and I are retiring and in our early 50's. We're doing a 72t to get around the early distribution penalty from our retirement accounts. Since the balance of your account when you start the 72t is what determines your annual distribution until 59 1/2, it was vitally important that I protect the balance until we start the 72t. Glad I did or I don't think we'd be retiring when we'd planned.

Ya those above 50 should follow this advice. Now is not the time to risk your assets.

I'm 64 and I will eat rice and beans before I let the lousy bastages have my shares.
Yeah I'm long and strong!
DC3A47E1-64A3-4282-AD36-2F39D39D5DB3.gif

I bought a few 1/2021 puts based on your post. Wish I had bought when you did. Up 84% today, but too small to make up for long losses. Wish I felt we were at the bottom, love to sell and lever long now.
Maybe I’ll feel lucky in the morning.
I may have sold and been a victim of large numbers... I bought a lot and 130% returns start looking real good, then I thought that fed spike was a bear mkt rally start or would at least carry thru tmrw, so decided to play it. With a lot less exposure. But nonetheless in calls when puts “feel” more right. We’ll see how tmrw plays out though! Can’t go down forever, but longer term, id still prefer puts.

Edit: I should say mid term I still favor puts, i.e. 2-3 months or however long it takes the world to figure out how we normalize the COVID-19

also, 1/21 puts may be too far out to feel any real hedging or relief if you’re only buying a few puts. Maybe do Jun or Jul... I think now thru then, worst case, will be where the brunt of the pain is felt.

last edit: my calls expire Mar 18.. the puts id previously bought expired Mar 20

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dc_h