Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Disagree
Reactions: imherkimer
Am i wrong of such an attack to Tesla, for being so "collateral" is a new thing?
Now i'm very worried for my Tesla stocks, if US doesn't stop any shorting activities as many countries are doing... smell as the beginning of a coohordinate deadly attack...

Pre-market already touched 436..
Lol, are you new? TSLA is the most shorted equity on Wall St. This has literally been going on for years, and NOW you've become "very worried"?

Anyone figured out why TSLA is getting destroyed everyday? We have the most positive signals outside of owning a toilet store or creating a vaccine. Can’t catch a break
Tesla lives in opposite world and while macros are going to be rocky for the next few months--rocky moves for tesla have been very common the past many years...

Some things to look forward: with self quarantine and possible soft lockdown, a gasoline shortage is coming soon. Tesla cars charge at home. Grid goes down temporariiy related to delay in part and service of grid-- all tied to a global work stoppage-- no electricity. Those solar cells and home powerwalls looking pretty useful...

Lol, are you new? TSLA is the most shorted equity on Wall St. This has literally been going on for years, and NOW you've become "very worried"?
definetley no need to remind me what shorts have done to Tesla.
I think is quite clear that my attention was raised for the attack of the so called external "influencer" which for the past, at the worse, were put in block list of TESLAQ's on Twitter.... these are personal attack to people that doesn't even work in or for Tesla...

Anyone figured out why TSLA is getting destroyed everyday? We have the most positive signals outside of owning a toilet store or creating a vaccine. Can’t catch a break

While there are sector variations, in general everything is getting hammered. We are in a bit of a meltdown. (Partial) exceptions are online and software services and companies (i.e. do not require human contact) such as amazon, zoom, etc, as well as corona related cures biotech companies.

NO, NO, NO! PLEASE STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT PANIC IS NECESSARY. Should workers, at factories and grocery stores, that produce and sell your food, also panic and shutdown?

Panic is a sudden sensation of fear, which is so strong as to dominate or prevent reason and logical thinking, replacing it with overwhelming feelings of anxiety and frantic agitation consistent with an animalistic fight-or-flight reaction.

Couldn't agree more.

Take it from someone who's had a panic attack and suffered from anxiety in the past. I spent a fair bit of time contemplating if there is any point to "fear" and "panic", but I am of the opinion that a rational mind is always going to make better decisions and lead to a better outcome.

here is my take on this:

Naked short sellers are taking advantage of the macros to create panic among TSLA investors. Yesterday I think we saw strong signs of panic.

I do think naked short selling will continue in these market conditions but just don’t see us going any lower than 400. And then the positive delivery report will act as a catalyst. Remember most of the retail investors got in around 550 and higher. And these are the ones who likely panicked yesterday. Of course things can change if there is a measurable impact to Fremont operations. Not advice.

you should be buying.....

Trying to buy. Have bought. Will buy more.

The bottom here and in the macros will be when WS determines that they can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Things will happen ridiculously fast then, especially with interest rates as zero.

The difficulty is knowing what is being used as a data point.

Infections rate? Death rate? Countries involved? Determination of efficacy of treatments for Chloroquine and derivatives or Remdesivir? Progress in effective vaccine? Reopening of all shut down states? Or maybe a simple determination that the market is now priced for everyone to go bankrupt so great time to buy. Random inflection point determined by algos which then shove three trillions dollars into the market before you can click the mouse?

Any ideas?

Trying to buy. Have bought. Will buy more.

The bottom here and in the macros will be when WS determines that they can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Things will happen ridiculously fast then, especially with interest rates as zero.

The difficulty is knowing what is being used as a data point.

Infections rate? Death rate? Countries involved? Determination of efficacy of treatments for Chloroquine and derivatives or Remdesivir? Progress in effective vaccine? Reopening of all shut down states? Or maybe a simple determination that the market is now priced for everyone to go bankrupt so great time to buy. Random inflection point determined by algos which then shove three trillions dollars into the market before you can click the mouse?

Any ideas?

I’d imagine that there is a chance for social unrest in the US, especially the Southern US, and that most US based “luxury” goods and “higher risk” equities will be hammered in the near term.

Additionally, many need liquidity during this crisis, and Tesla’s recent run provided many buyers with less conviction, who sought liquidity and sold.

Additionally, the entire automotive sector is being hammered due to both supply chain and labor concerns.

Lastly, it is challenging for Tesla that the heart of the crisis is hitting end of quarter.

Presents buying opportunities.

Tesla has unique position relative to automotive peers in the ability to deliver cars without the dealership experience. This is tremendously beneficial right now, and should allow them to outperform peers during this period and coming recovery.