Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize for not predicting this range for you guys sooner, it was an absolute stone cold inevitability. We're floating below the strike price of the put I sold, but above the point where it makes sense to execute.

So I'm sitting here kind of excited to turn this cash into a hundred TSLA shares @$450, but without the freedom(additional cash) to just buy at the current price.

We will almost certainly tread water here for a minute and then rocket to $10000, me not having the chance to double down at these levels. Not an advice, just reality.

What's the move if I wanna wiggle out of this put obligation and just buy? Apologies again for my ignorance if it's remarkably simple.

Reactions: Thekiwi
I apologize for not predicting this range for you guys sooner, it was an absolute stone cold inevitability. We're floating below the strike price of the put I sold, but above the point where it makes sense to execute.

So I'm sitting here kind of excited to turn this cash into a hundred TSLA shares @$450, but without the freedom(additional cash) to just buy at the current price.

We will almost certainly tread water here for a minute and then rocket to $10000, me not having the chance to double down at these levels. Not an advice, just reality.

What's the move if I wanna wiggle out of this put obligation and just buy? Apologies again for my ignorance if it's remarkably simple.

Margin

You buy your own puts back if you think there is more downside to the share price. (I did that last week)

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin

Just "buy to close" your sold puts. You pocket the current profit/loss and turn around and buy TSLA stock.

Can you explain who is trying to kill TSLA I thought we have free market and good things sooner or latter will be on the top. To me market went to high and needed correction.

Problem is they read pop fox’s tsla thread and all he talks about is manipulations when the share price goes down. While there might be partial truth to this, there is much more to the story that is not told. The price could rise, and has if people want to invest in this company. The most likely answer is we are in an economic stand still which is leading us into a recession and people understand the first thing you won’t buy in this type of environment is a car. Plus Tesla has massive working capital to produce its products. Where tech companies don’t. Hence the run to appl fb goog etc. Look at the airlines. HUGE overhead with no paying customers for a short amount of time can cause BK. At least for the airlines, there too big to fail. Tesla will see.

Second time most of the market goes up 5%, we go down 3%.
I remember some were saying in January the market had finally understood what is Tesla is all about. Clearly that is not the case. I find this almost more depressing that the SP at the moment.

I don't know about that. TSLA year-to-date is even-steven while the SP500 is down 22%, the DOW is down 26% and the NYSE is down 28%. Any near-term weakness experienced by TSLA is likely just dumb traders who noticed it hadn't gone down "enough" without really knowing much about the company besides the crap you read in the media.

Let's assume Coronavirus never happened - TSLA could easily be at $600 (or about 1/3 lopped off the all-time high) based on nothing more than the market taking some "froth" off the share price. The fact that we are sitting at about 1/2 of the recent all-time high still indicates to me that the market is starting to "get" Tesla. But you can't expect it to be smooth or consistent. It's a given that it will be bumpy because we are in uncharted territory in more ways than one (recent bull run combined with Coronavirus scare).

When the dust settles I think most here will agree, that we are in a happy place with the best yet to come. So I wouldn't base anything on a few days of trading in the midst of the current disruption. It's a huge money-making opportunity if you have the dry powder to take advantage of it. These intra-day swings are just white noise in the bigger picture. Always think in terms of years, not minutes or days.

Belgium is in lockdown, everybody to stay at home, no contact with other families allowed. Going to work is still allowed. All companies have to obey social distancing and will be closed otherwise.

I interpret this that Zeebrugge transport is still operational, but not sure if deliveries can continue in Belgium.
Norway - 67 deliveries today, buy this dip hard. Coronavirus is basicly nothingburger for healthy individual. I am 90% sure I have it, but can't get tested. Almost recovered in few days.

Belgium is in lockdown, everybody to stay at home, no contact with other families allowed. Going to work is still allowed. All companies have to obey social distancing and will be closed otherwise.
I interpret this that Zeebrugge transport is still operational, but not sure if deliveries can continue in Belgium.

That was my worry, i see Belgium adopting same measures as Italy and, no, to get out to take delivery of your brand new car would not be considered essential. Bear in mind that you're not allowed to go out to get your friends or girlfriend's home. None of those reasons are indicated as possible in the self-certification form that you have to have when you get out of your house in Italy and France (don't know in Belgium).

And seems that France, Spain and Switzerland choosed already to apply the same measures, and Germany going down the same road..
I think any new car delivery in EU is going to stop for a while, basically, unless you demonstrate is necessary ad urgent. But then you're unlikely to find someone working at the delivery office..

Just took some gardening stuff to my Dad´s so he wouldn´t have to go out and buy it and have something safe and fun to do in these strange times. On the way out on the free way I saw a truck loaded with Model 3s coming from the Netherlands into Germany. On the way back, I heard on the news that Volkswagen is shutting down all its plants this week. Indeed, very strange times. Don´t know what to feel.

That was my worry, i see Belgium adopting same measures as Italy and, no, to get out to take delivery of your brand new car would not be considered essential. Bear in mind that you're not allowed to go out to get your friends or girlfriend's home. None of those reasons are indicated as possible in the self-certification form that you have to have when you get out of your house in Italy and France (don't know in Belgium).

And seems that France, Spain and Switzerland choosed already to apply the same measures, and Germany going down the same road..
I think any new car delivery in EU is going to stop for a while, basically, unless you demonstrate is necessary ad urgent. But then you're unlikely to find someone working at the delivery office..

Wondering if Tesla could still deliver the cars to customers. UPS et al are still operating.. (in Germany).

Reactions: abasile
Wondering if Tesla could still deliver the cars to customers. UPS et al are still operating.. (in Germany).
That would be brilliant and lawful. You can still get any parcel you want at home and carriers are working regularly everywhere. Perhaps just Tesla could easely deliver cars, if they use that method in EU. I'm quite sure i've heard is possible in Italy, it must be possible in other countries.

Can we discuss Tesla killers? Is rivian going to survive. Did they get the funding from Ford in one lump sum before or do you think they'll now likely not see the rest.

Amazon is investing more than twice the Ford amount at $1.2B.

Amazon is doing just fine. Better than before actually.

Rivian has more than enough cash to launch Q4 2020 even if Ford doesn't transfer a single dollar to them.

BTW Neither Rivian itself, nor Amazon nor Ford call Rivian a Tesla killer.