Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for all the cup half-full people:

What possibly positive imminent news regarding the virus is out there to warrant a rebound of the sentiment/market in the very near future?

not asking for hopes and dreams, but tangible news that could turn the macros around

In situations like this things can turn around just based on being over-done. Predicting when is the problem. But I look at the value of the underlying asset I'm purchasing. There is no substitute for cars in the foreseeable future and Tesla makes the best ones with an ever-decreasing cost curve.

Just bought more at $365 and $356 for long-term gains.

For what it's worth, I'm ending my volatility play today. It's done a nice job at rolling written calls up to higher strikes, but now I'm in outright acquisition mode, buying them all back. They're so cheap now, and rolling my protective puts is yielding so much cash now, that I might as well just get rid of them. If we keep going down, the cash from protective put rolls will instead be used to start opening up brand new call positions.

Same. Today was the day for me. I'm executing spread buying for every 50 points on the way down and then back up till I'm at my goal.

Hopefully this post ages better than some of my others! lol

Sheriff: Tesla must close its plant. Workers: It's business as usual inside.

From the article:

They went to work because paid sick days are only available to some full-time workers, and Tesla — like many other large tech companies and manufacturers — employs a web of contractors, temps and full-time employees.

"I wouldn't get paid if I stayed home," one worker at the plant said on Tuesday. "With some full-time people, it depends if you get paid."

Other workers employed by Tesla contractors, such as the bus drivers who shuttle workers hours to and from work each day, also told Protocol that they are still driving normal routes. Thousands of factory workers commute from California's agro-industrial Central Valley, a region with average incomes less than half of Silicon Valley's affluent counties, and with more limited health infrastructure in rural areas.

...there's a lot more.

What possibly positive imminent news regarding the virus is out there to warrant a rebound of the sentiment/market in the very near future?

not asking for hopes and dreams, but tangible news that could turn the macros around
An existing fda approved drug with well understood, low risk side effect showing good efficacy to treating covid19 reducing number of severe case massively?

It took the us market a while to start reacting to the virus that has been widely reported since end of January. It may take the market a little while to realize and I am expecting a massive rebound. I have started selling the protective puts and using the profits to acquire medium to long term call position. The IV is crazy though...

I'm not an expert like many of the guys here, but I find it interesting that people keep loading up on shares on the way down like there is a huge risk of a bounce any minute.
Why don't you just wait for a confirmed bounce? Like two days in a row higher-highs / higher lows before loading up?
If somebody's doing naked shorting for a week, and they will have to cover in 13 days with real shares. It is a calculated bet that things will get better and they will have to pay through the nose to buy real shares, like they had to in the past.

Same. Today was the day for me. I'm executing spread buying for every 50 points on the way down and then back up till I'm at my goal.

Hopefully this post ages better than some of my others! lol

When TSLA reverses course it will gap up and cover a lot of ground very quickly. Those who waffled about trying to find the exact bottom will be kicking themselves. I know, I've been there, done that.

Only play with money not earmarked for purposes other than long-term capital appreciation.

• FSD improvement (just got our Model 3 computer upgrade, for free!)
  • Adequate Q1 deliveries, strong Y demand despite, cash strength
  • Global Warming fears rising
  • April Energy Day nearing with 1k roofs/wk capacity, (California fires)
  • Oh, and there's one more thing...

It’s approved for COVID-19?

It doesn't matter as OLDU is common and legal. (But pharmaceutical companies can't proactively promote OLDU.)

Mod: Please spell out unusual (to this forum) acronyms, maybe with explanation; we don't want people to have to follow links that may or may not be trustworthy. "Off Label Drug Use", which is using a drug approved for one purpose to treat something else. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a couple of TSLA shares amid this confusion about the extent of the factory Shutdown from coronavirus.

At $353, it is below the 200 day MA.

upload_2020-3-18_13-20-20.png

I have been buying call options every day until yesterday and finally ran out of cash. Now it is all wait and watch for me and holding my 100% call position in $tsla which is down 75% from the top on February 4, 2020

I have a very strong feeling that we are at a near the bottom and this is the selling climax today or sometime this week

Been doing the same, but on an order of magnitude below you, of course.

One thing I have noticed today is that the June 2022 prices have not reduced, despite the stock dow 18% - I note this as I have one final sell order sitting there waiting, so I have been watching.

Does this indicate anything?

If somebody's doing naked shorting for a week, and they will have to cover in 13 days with real shares. It is a calculated bet that things will get better and they will have to pay through the nose to buy real shares, like they had to in the past.

This dip is going to be longer than 13 days, I don't think covering will be an issue in that time frame.

Yes America. Sell of all the stocks. That digital currency you wind up "protecting" will totally be useful in Mad Max times.

One thing I have noticed today is that the June 2022 prices have not reduced, despite the stock dow 18% - I note this as I have one final sell order sitting there waiting, so I have been watching.

I have to imagine that even most of those who are panicking now assume we will be back on solid footing 2 years from now.

Reactions: Eugene Ash

The obvious interpretation is that while the market manipulators may have managed to walk the share price down, the options players are not willing to validate those prices.

I notice many days in a row of TSLA shares down a consistently large amount every day with increasing volume. This tells me we are getting close to at least a temporary correction to the upside.

Why would they have to cover? In France and Italy they banned new short positions for 30 days, but they don't force anyone into covering. Is there any public info on the US gov plans regarding this?

Also the french CAC 40 was down today 6% after they implemented the ban.