Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is Spain still achieving deliveries? Maybe the lockdown isn't as strict as I thought...

upload_2020-3-19_14-8-50.png

An existing fda approved drug with well understood, low risk side effect showing good efficacy to treating covid19 reducing number of severe case massively?

It took the us market a while to start reacting to the virus that has been widely reported since end of January. It may take the market a little while to realize and I am expecting a massive rebound. I have started selling the protective puts and using the profits to acquire medium to long term call position. The IV is crazy though...

This is from yesterday. I actually called the bottom o_O.

Could be short lived but I will celebrate whenever I can haha.

Telsa could very well emerge in a stronger relative competitive position. But for the next few years their position will still be like being the healthiest inmate at the leaper colony. Amazon, on the other hand, has critically important businesses today - sales and delivery of necessary goods, AWS, and even Audible. Has an almost unlimited market with the ability to easy hire new employees.
... what are you talking about few years... this virus has exposed the weakness of our current energy trajectory.. air pollution is almost certainly a contributing factor to the mortality rate of this virus... Tesla is positioned for the transition to cleaner sustainable energy right now .... when the dust settles .... This is not an AMZN threado_O

Couldn’t help myself and decided to buy back most of the shares I sold at $750 and $959, got them back for $367. Not really personal record in number of TSLA shares(I was like 40% TSLA at one point), but not far from it either.

Germany still building even with virus, Freemont may or may not close fully, Nevada can stockpile some batteries and once Freemont is going again production will ramp be even faster and the number of produced car for the year should not suffer too much. If not China will just take care of all of the batteries as China had ZERO confirmed local cases(all were imported) in a day and with all people losing their jobs getting mass labor to Shanghai for going 24/7(if needed) should be easier and Y construction looks great.

Think I will divest like 10% around $640 and at $900.

moving the assembly line out of Fremont to another county in the event of a long term stoppage is a non-starter, considering the new location could be under the same order at any time.

IMO Tesla should start working on ways they can keep Fremont producing but so safely the county and state can't show that there is any public safety benefit to keep it shut down.
Tesla should stand up their own coronavirus testing, both PCM and tests to determine if virus is active or not in someone who has been infected weeks ago but has had no symptoms for 2 weeks or more. All employees working at Fremont should be tested as often as deemed necessary as well as all their family members. Drive though testing locations near places where employees reside should be set up to test and retest family members. Those drive through locations should also provide testing to county and local health authorities as their capacity grows. That is the carrot to get county and state officials to agree to allow plant to operate in 'safe mode'.

Tesla has the resources and brain power to do this. When they can demonstrate it works for Fremont, it could become the model for other large manufacturing factories. Shutting down 50% or more of businesses is what's needed right now. But ways must be developed to allow them to open safely and put people back to work putting money and goods into the economy rather than let it collapse into a lengthy and severe depression.

What should not be done is shut down the global economy.
Yes, this! There's a rainbow somewhere beyond those dark clouds, and the next generation will sing about this time when the whole world went electric.

#SPREADHOPE

Cheers!

Last edited:
I think this is a dead cat bounce. We will only bottom out when the * hits the fan in the USA. That’s probably several weeks away. Over the coming weekend, more bad numbers will come out, and monday will again be a panic sell day.

You may be right but I am enjoying the bounce. It is a sign that rational minds are looking at Tesla's potential value (which is immense)

Reactions: JusRelax