Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus, what is 195k shares out of that float?

Note that the Robinhood data is number of users holding TSLA in their portfolio, not number of shares held by Robinhood users.

Noone knows the average number of TSLA shares in a Robinhood portfolio that includes TSLA, but I'd guess Robinhood users alone account for at least a few million TSLA shares at this point.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Tesla will be less than $100 by summer. The obvious move is to liquidate now and buy back when things look better.
giphy.gif

Everybody sell sell sell!

Let me just drop this link here:
Self-fulfilling prophecy - Wikipedia

We'll find out this week. Either it stays spotty or is widespread by end of the week.

It is already widespread, and has been for awhile now globally. We just haven't seen it yet because testing has been nonexistent and the virus has been quietly spreading and incubating in the population. By the end of this week or the next, hospitals will be overwhelmed in most major cities because people will finally start exhibiting symptoms of the virus which has been spreading all this time. It will be far too late to do anything about it by then. You can't close the barn door after the horse has already bolted.

Anyways, since the mods are still on strike, I'll let that be my last post about you know what here. Be prepared for tomorrow, because the bloodbath will continue. Futures opened limit down and have been pegged there since.

It is already widespread, and has been for awhile now globally. We just haven't seen it yet because testing has been nonexistent and the virus has been quietly spreading and incubating in the population. By the end of this week or the next, hospitals will be overwhelmed in most major cities because people will finally start exhibiting symptoms of the virus which has been spreading all this time. It will be far too late to do anything about it by then. You can't close the barn door after the horse has already bolted.

Anyways, since the mods are still on strike, I'll let that be my last post about you know what here. Be prepared for tomorrow, because the bloodbath will continue. Futures opened limit down and have been pegged there since.
Has it? Nas recovered to -3.3% vs -5%

Reactions: JusRelax
... I got absolutely screwed last Monday when I had to quickly put in a Market order for FCAU Puts before I scrubbed into surgery, only to see them filled at SEVEN times the Bid/Ask price. The trade was supposed to cost around $20k, instead Fidelity forced it through and I was instantly down over $100k after the trade (I have never had that happen before with a Market order)! Day trading when you can't watch it is dangerous. :(

Im shocked that this happened to you since FCAU is a liquid stock. Market order means the MM or Computer can use any price to fill your order. Why are you messing with FCAU when you are invested in TSLA? Are you trying to hedge TSLA with FCAU puts? I consider FCAU a penny stock.

Anyway do a google on "Soes Bandits"

Wrong, the constitution leaves it up to the states as to how their vote is conducted. Any state can do what Washington already did, and make it universal vote-by-mail.
Speaking as a Washingtonian, I love vote-by-mail for elections, but not so much for primaries. Case in point, the ballots had been mailed out at least 3 weeks before the primary, but at the date of the primary itself, many of the Democratic candidates had already withdrawn from the race, making the primary itself a bit invalid. Plus I do not like having to specify what party I am on the outside of the envelope just for the convenience of sorting. I vote for the person, not the party, and am an independent.

Just my opinion. Again, great for elections, but not for national primaries.

That's possible, but imo it's more likely will Tesla be buying out Fiat or someone else by then.

I have been thinking about that. I also think it's likely, but I'm also wondering if they actually want to. A lot of what the legacy automakers have is only useful for making ICE cars and would have to be thrown out and modified heavily. If they only want the factories, isn't it cheaper to just buy the factories rather than the whole company. Actually it might be cheaper to just build new ones.

I have been thinking about that. I also think it's likely, but I'm also wondering if they actually want to. A lot of what the legacy automakers have is only useful for making ICE cars and would have to be thrown out and modified heavily. If they only want the factories, isn't it cheaper to just buy the factories rather than the whole company. Actually it might be cheaper to just build new ones.

I doubt Tesla would buy any legacy companies - even for one dollar. Those companies all have massive pension liabilities and union agreements attached (at least the US ones)

I doubt Tesla would buy any legacy companies - even for one dollar. Those companies all have massive pension liabilities and union agreements attached (at least the US ones)

Buying legacies makes zero sense. Buying companies involved in supply chain makes some sense. Buying companies specialized in manufacturing equipment&design such as Grohmann Automation and Hibar made already lots of sense. This is the way to remain few steps ahead of competition and improve production processes continuously. I hope they keep the current acquisition strategy.