Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See how worthless a blanket statement with no backup reasoning is?

Ah, but the statement is not entirely "worthless" if the goal is to instill fear. Even without a stitch of backup reasoning, the very statement that "Tesla will soon be below $100" will instill a certain amount of irrational fear and I suspect that was the intent.

There is no need to see any other clip about what needs to be done, besides this one.

He is 100% right, this is unsustainable if it drags on. Note for the squeamish; he will sound ultra bearish and doomsday-ish, but don't think like this, he's actually on a buying frenzy of equities; but what he says is the ONLY way to do it, and you will see, this weekend or max monday, they'll let the public and media know only AFTER they've finalized the mobilizations and plans .. martial law, full lockdown of the United States. Don't be scared, but the General needs to be in charge now instead of the public services folks and doctors. As he says, just do an extended spring break (started today) with the fam at home, 30 days ultra lockdown, no other way. Sorry Musk, but they're right here, and you're not:

Looks like we're split here with agreement/disagreement. Let's see how this week goes.

Tesla will be less than $100 by summer. The obvious move is to liquidate now and buy back when things look better.
We get it you sold out. You can’t say that with certainty. You were pumping endlessly on Twitter at $900. Now you’re asking to look like a fool like Greg Wester. The smart thing is to hold what you have and buy if and when it goes much lower. I predicted $1xx but I’m not telling people that it’s guaranteed and to liquidate

Ah, but the statement is not entirely "worthless" if the goal is to instill fear. Even without a stitch of backup reasoning, the very statement that "Tesla will soon be below $100" will instill a certain amount of irrational fear and I suspect that was the intent.

Well, It created a different emotion in me.
GREED
I want to BUY !

We get it you sold out. You can’t say that with certainty. You were pumping endlessly on Twitter at $900. Now you’re asking to look like a fool like Greg Wester. The smart thing is to hold what you have and buy if and when it goes much lower. I predicted $1xx but I’m not telling people that it’s guaranteed and to liquidate

We are in unique times, I think Tesla is a great company, I'm just warning that we won't simply bounce back in 2 weeks as if nothing happened. The Fed is in panic mode trying to keep the market from cratering.

Amen.

The few times I was tempted to sell over the last two weeks, I had to ask myself "Why are you tempted to sell right now?" And the answer was always "I want more shares of TSLA." I don't want to be left holding cash.

If your goal is to hold more shares of TSLA, the best way is to not sell.

Only mistake I made was blowing all my dry powder at 595 instead of spacing out my buying. But I'm confident even those shares will be profitable in the medium-term.

The stock market is hard to predict! This morning I was watching the news, and it was all doom and gloom, with experts predicting more sick patients than we can treat 2 weeks from now. Obviously that means the lockdowns aren't ending in a week. Job numbers will be terrible. But a huge relief package is coming, and so far this morning the market seems to like that. I'm a deer in the headlights and don't know how to trade today.

Im shocked that this happened to you since FCAU is a liquid stock. Market order means the MM or Computer can use any price to fill your order. Why are you messing with FCAU when you are invested in TSLA? Are you trying to hedge TSLA with FCAU puts? I consider FCAU a penny stock.

Anyway do a google on "Soes Bandits"
Yes, I was trying to hedge TSLA with FCAU Puts. It was a good call. I would have nearly doubled my money if my market order had filled close to the BID/ASK price. Instead I'm down $100K on what should have been a $20K order. I learned my lesson on Market orders (I've used them for years and never had that happen before).

The stock market is hard to predict! This morning I was watching the news, and it was all doom and gloom, with experts predicting more sick patients than we can treat 2 weeks from now. Obviously that means the lockdowns aren't ending in a week. Job numbers will be terrible. But a huge relief package is coming, and so far this morning the market seems to like that. I'm a deer in the headlights and don't know how to trade today.

The market wants to see the light at the end of the COVID tunnel so business' can resume normal operation. The short term spikes caused by government action are only that. Trade those accordingly.

Not an advice.

We are in unique times, I think Tesla is a great company, I'm just warning that we won't simply bounce back in 2 weeks as if nothing happened. The Fed is in panic mode trying to keep the market from cratering.
I just took a look at your posts on Twitter. WOW - doom and gloom all the way. I don't know if I can find one positive post or retweet from you. Now that I know where you stand, I will never take any advice from you here on TMC or on Twitter. EVER.