Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Ellec

May 12, 2018
Uk
China is back at work, Europe is seeing a moderation in cases; I think you need to zoom out and take a look at the bigger picture. The US is about to go through two tough weeks (possibly more), but the world is not ending.

I have limit orders in now to take advantage of the current opportunity. I view this as a seldom seen chance to get shares at a low cost relative to future value.

If my orders are triggered I will reach my goal of 2k+ shares. A couple months ago I was lamenting the fact that I did not get more when prices were in the 2 and 3 hundreds.

It is fascinating how different people view situations. I wish all the best.

Lastly, bring back @KarenRei and @Fact Checking!

China is back at 75% which is considered a depression. Also they are still mostly wearing masks and distancing, as soon as they stop that second wave happens. Way to early to comment on Europe, numbers are increasing, most countries are just entering full lockdown for months. US is just getting started and political dead lock will cost millions of lives.

avoigt

Sep 5, 2017
Germany
Yes, I would be watching the European countries daily case count for confirmation of a decline. If this thesis is correct then one could try to extrapolate to the rest of the world to determine when the market bottom *should* form.

Knowing the above and seeing that the US is behind the rest of the world may offer a solid buying opportunity.

Exactly. Most won't comprehend though or if they do dare to buy against their emotions I believe but as always in life the smart ones will make the profits. :D

In a few days we should be able to understand and validate if the weekend in Europe was just a strange outlier in parallel of many countries which would be very strange or if it's validated. Right now I believe we will see a mixed bag with some countries going down and others still up. The reason is simple, not all EU countries did put harsh and strickt measures in place.

avoigt

Sep 5, 2017
Germany

You always have cases where some people demand a test but hospitals decline it and this is happening in Germany as well.

Its unrealistic to assume numbers are not correct based on one 70 year old in that article claiming its different and she wants a test but it has been rejected. Also, Wuhan has opened public transportation again for passengers and after all what they have been going through they will not risk a second wave.

We see this also with the extremely strict but very effective measures with traveller to china who are screened and partly put into quarantine.

Despite that its definitely true that China tried to play the pandemic and numbers down at the early days (like the US) there where they paid a very high price for it and they have literally zero reason to repeat that.

Let's really stop with that speculation about wrong numbers from China. There is just no reasonable basis for it.

SO16

Feb 25, 2016
MI
Hmm how to get @Fact Checking and @KarenRei back...

Hey remember near the end of 2018 I was very concerned about a demand drop because of the halving of U. S. tax credit.

They disagreed with me that there was any demand problem. I was right and they were wrong! Thus the price drops in Q1 2019.

Now I am worried about demand dropping over the next few quarters for the obvious recession reasons.

To bad they aren't here to provide any weak retorts...

Demand for Tesla vehicles as a whole didn’t drop. But the shorts sure twisted it that way. And it worked for about 7 months. Idiot week longs but good buying opportunities. Just wish I had bought more. Was actually due to shipping and logistics issues to China. S/X sales did drop due to Tesla discontinuing their most popular 75D variant. But those people probably ended up buying a 3.

chrsk

Nov 22, 2019
Norway
Yes, I would be watching the European countries daily case count for confirmation of a decline. If this thesis is correct then one could try to extrapolate to the rest of the world to determine when the market bottom *should* form.

Knowing the above and seeing that the US is behind the rest of the world may offer a solid buying opportunity.

The number of cases might drop. The question you should ask is why? Most of Europe has already been in some form for a lockdown in the past weeks. If they ease up on the restrictions now, it's fair to assume that the numbers will increase once more. So relying on the numbers dropping alone won't be a good indicator.

Here in Norway, it looks like they plan for some kind of shut down until at least May. It will keep the numbers low, but the economic impacts will be huge.

To me, the big question is how the outbreak will be handled. Will countries continue to close down? If so, for how long? At the moment it seems likely that we might get a long term partial close down. This worries me and is why I sold all my shares. Won't be surprised if we see price in the 2XX over the next weeks.

Reactions: Ellec and Knightowl

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
There must be some news... TSLA jumping in pre-market w/ higher volume

I had a good feeling that perhaps people are pricing in fema money because Trump gave the green light. Was hoping Tesla trade to nas without multiplier but this is way better than I expected.

Navin

Jun 14, 2016
Santa Monica
Am I the only one here who thinks tomorrow will end up being a Green Day for Tesla?

I was laughed at. Now I’m laughing.

Attachments

• 2BE7B12B-A739-490D-8111-92F885786127.jpeg
    2BE7B12B-A739-490D-8111-92F885786127.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 39

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
See how worthless a blanket statement with no backup reasoning is?

Ah, but the statement is not entirely "worthless" if the goal is to instill fear. Even without a stitch of backup reasoning, the very statement that "Tesla will soon be below $100" will instill a certain amount of irrational fear and I suspect that was the intent.

neezer

Nov 5, 2019
Boston
There is no need to see any other clip about what needs to be done, besides this one.

He is 100% right, this is unsustainable if it drags on. Note for the squeamish; he will sound ultra bearish and doomsday-ish, but don't think like this, he's actually on a buying frenzy of equities; but what he says is the ONLY way to do it, and you will see, this weekend or max monday, they'll let the public and media know only AFTER they've finalized the mobilizations and plans .. martial law, full lockdown of the United States. Don't be scared, but the General needs to be in charge now instead of the public services folks and doctors. As he says, just do an extended spring break (started today) with the fam at home, 30 days ultra lockdown, no other way. Sorry Musk, but they're right here, and you're not:

Looks like we're split here with agreement/disagreement. Let's see how this week goes.

anthonyj

Stonks
May 16, 2018
Naples, FL
Tesla will be less than $100 by summer. The obvious move is to liquidate now and buy back when things look better.
We get it you sold out. You can’t say that with certainty. You were pumping endlessly on Twitter at $900. Now you’re asking to look like a fool like Greg Wester. The smart thing is to hold what you have and buy if and when it goes much lower. I predicted $1xx but I’m not telling people that it’s guaranteed and to liquidate

HG Wells

Martian Embassy
Apr 5, 2016
Visas Tuesdays 2-4
Ah, but the statement is not entirely "worthless" if the goal is to instill fear. Even without a stitch of backup reasoning, the very statement that "Tesla will soon be below $100" will instill a certain amount of irrational fear and I suspect that was the intent.

Well, It created a different emotion in me.
GREED
I want to BUY !

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC