Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Ellec

May 12, 2018
Uk
We get it you sold out. You can’t say that with certainty. You were pumping endlessly on Twitter at $900. Now you’re asking to look like a fool like Greg Wester. The smart thing is to hold what you have and buy if and when it goes much lower. I predicted $1xx but I’m not telling people that it’s guaranteed and to liquidate

We are in unique times, I think Tesla is a great company, I'm just warning that we won't simply bounce back in 2 weeks as if nothing happened. The Fed is in panic mode trying to keep the market from cratering.

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
We get it you sold out. You can’t say that with certainty. You were pumping endlessly on Twitter at $900. Now you’re asking to look like a fool like Greg Wester. The smart thing is to hold what you have and buy if and when it goes much lower. I predicted $1xx but I’m not telling people that it’s guaranteed and to liquidate

Amen.

The few times I was tempted to sell over the last two weeks, I had to ask myself "Why are you tempted to sell right now?" And the answer was always "I want more shares of TSLA." I don't want to be left holding cash.

If your goal is to hold more shares of TSLA, the best way is to not sell.

Only mistake I made was blowing all my dry powder at 595 instead of spacing out my buying. But I'm confident even those shares will be profitable in the medium-term.

traxila

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2012
NYC
The Fed should just buy the entire world with its infinite money and then rent it to us at a one percent cap rate. That will really get things going!

Not sure how this helps all the restaurants that just closed but better than the alternative. Maybe the gubbmint will pass that stimulus bill and cash distributions now.

BornToFly

Supporting Member
May 8, 2013
43,000 feet
The stock market is hard to predict! This morning I was watching the news, and it was all doom and gloom, with experts predicting more sick patients than we can treat 2 weeks from now. Obviously that means the lockdowns aren't ending in a week. Job numbers will be terrible. But a huge relief package is coming, and so far this morning the market seems to like that. I'm a deer in the headlights and don't know how to trade today.

tander

Jul 23, 2012
That same genius is well known for being terrible at predicting timelines, as he has admitted.
To be fair I think in many cases the business/technology world evolves faster and with a more winding trajectory than epidemiology, but still this seems like a good time (as always) to listen to experts, not necessarily geniuses.

BornToFly

Supporting Member
May 8, 2013
43,000 feet
Im shocked that this happened to you since FCAU is a liquid stock. Market order means the MM or Computer can use any price to fill your order. Why are you messing with FCAU when you are invested in TSLA? Are you trying to hedge TSLA with FCAU puts? I consider FCAU a penny stock.

Anyway do a google on "Soes Bandits"
Yes, I was trying to hedge TSLA with FCAU Puts. It was a good call. I would have nearly doubled my money if my market order had filled close to the BID/ASK price. Instead I'm down $100K on what should have been a $20K order. I learned my lesson on Market orders (I've used them for years and never had that happen before).

wnorris

Mar 6, 2017
Cary, NC
The stock market is hard to predict! This morning I was watching the news, and it was all doom and gloom, with experts predicting more sick patients than we can treat 2 weeks from now. Obviously that means the lockdowns aren't ending in a week. Job numbers will be terrible. But a huge relief package is coming, and so far this morning the market seems to like that. I'm a deer in the headlights and don't know how to trade today.

The market wants to see the light at the end of the COVID tunnel so business' can resume normal operation. The short term spikes caused by government action are only that. Trade those accordingly.

Not an advice.

InDaClub

Aug 17, 2018
US
We are in unique times, I think Tesla is a great company, I'm just warning that we won't simply bounce back in 2 weeks as if nothing happened. The Fed is in panic mode trying to keep the market from cratering.
I just took a look at your posts on Twitter. WOW - doom and gloom all the way. I don't know if I can find one positive post or retweet from you. Now that I know where you stand, I will never take any advice from you here on TMC or on Twitter. EVER.

jhm

May 23, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Poor Russell and Lora. They went full out jungle commando to try to shut down Fremont. It happened and we have gone up since. God Bless America. Let’s go.
Had Tesla not closed down auto production, there would be an endless feeding frenzy for journalist attacking it.

They can't really attack Tesla for making ventilators, though. Musk is surprising many by claiming Tesla can build about 1200 ventilators this week. This is a great opportunity for Tesla to show how well it can ramp up production. Investors will take note. Even though Model V might not add much to the top or bottom line, it demonstrates how well Tesla can deliver under pressure, how well it can compete with legacy auto OEMs also attempting to ramp up ventilator production.

Viva la Tesla!

tander

Jul 23, 2012
I have been thinking about that. I also think it's likely, but I'm also wondering if they actually want to. A lot of what the legacy automakers have is only useful for making ICE cars and would have to be thrown out and modified heavily. If they only want the factories, isn't it cheaper to just buy the factories rather than the whole company. Actually it might be cheaper to just build new ones.
Definitely, especially when places are offering big incentives for Tesla to build there. I guess that depends for starters on how cheap you can buy the old, which can change a lot these days. I remember how cheap Tesla got the Fremont plant, that was a pretty incredibly good bargain, and I imagine they also got a lot of the workers that previously worked there (would be interesting to know how many still do). Also I think there is probably value in buying an established car factory because it can take a while to get all of the regulatory ducks in the row for a new one, where an established one has all that taken care of, if I remember right that is why they went for the Berlin location.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC