Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to see Tesla acquire something like a legacy bus or panel truck manufacturer. Not to integrate into the wider company, but to transform as a template for others using almost entirely existing personnel.

We didn't think the market would kick and scream this badly all the way into 2020. Time to start showing them the next steps in clearer 5th grade language.

IMHO, the priority for Tesla should be getting Cybertruck and Semi into production ASAP. People are lined up with money in hand .... after that ... let's pour even more money into self driving and extending the lead they already have. This whole coronavirus mess has made it even harder for traditional car companies to shift over to EV's. I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall at the conversations being had right now in the office of those CEOs.

People are going to need jobs when we recover and Tesla needs a workforce to manufacture Cybertruck .... all they have to do is pick a state and I'm sure any state would love to have those jobs and will be willing to bend over backwards to accommodate Tesla's needs. I don't wish to exploit this tragedy for gain but it will be beneficial to all sides and U.S. to get a Tesla manufacturing plant up and running !!!

Cheers to the longs ....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    207.8 KB · Views: 60
Well... evidence of major FUD Exhibit #50000

Trending news on Seeking Alpha-"Trump signs order to force GM to make ventilators"
Trump signs order to force GM to make ventilators - General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) | Seeking Alpha

Suggestion at the bottom of the article that tens of thousands read-" Tesla's New Market Share Loss In Norway " by ****ING Anton

Enclosed screenshot

Another Canadian question. Just watched a newscast on an American channel and the president was there along with a guy saying something along the lines of —-president trump as a war time president is invoking this GM thing. I don’t follow US politics much but was surprised about the war time president thing. Who are you guys at war with? The only thing I could could come up with was Iran because of the recent scuffles there. Is that enough to be declared a war time president?

Another Canadian question. Just watched a newscast on an American channel and the president was there along with a guy saying something along the lines of —-president trump as a war time president is invoking this GM thing. I don’t follow US politics much but was surprised about the war time president thing. Who are you guys at war with? The only thing I could could come up with was Iran because of the recent scuffles there. Is that enough to be declared a war time president?
Perhaps this is better discussed in Market Politics.

Why wouldn’t you want people to know?

You do not want "Real life" people to know. Should be ok online anonymously. You should test it out online first if you like the reaction anyway.

As for why, most of the reason are politically incorrect to say. But you will experience it anyway if you do and I have to say, even though my mentor told me exactly what will happen, I realize that I didn't believe him, or better, I do not want to believe him. But I was smart enough to test it out on a very small number of people first.

Reactions: Frank Einstein
You do not want "Real life" people to know. Should be ok online anonymously. You should test it out online first if you like the reaction anyway.

As for why, most of the reason are politically incorrect to say. But you will experience it anyway if you do and I have to say, even though my mentor told me exactly what will happen, I realize that I didn't believe him, or better, I do not want to believe him. But I was smart enough to test it out on a very small number of people first.
Okay you got me interested. What kind of stuff happens?

The VW news on ID.3 is exceptionally bad for VW. At this point it seems that they are just trying to get it into "shippable" state. This will not be a viable software platform for additional vehicles and will likely need to be substantially re-developed before it is.

Volkswagen ID.3 Software Problem: 'It’s No Longer A Laughing Matter'

I have expected for some time other manufacturers out there now trying to produce EVs with software similar to Tesla's will be suffering from some of these same issues. It's not something you want to buy off the shelf from a third party or have supported by them. While the push is to get more EVs on the road especially in Europe and China I'm not so sure the companies can come through in the short time they need to reduce emissions. Now with the expenses of CV I see the air quality restrictions being clawed back.

On free ventilators, I have no doubt Tesla and Elon are motivated as follows:- 95%-99% trying to help, 1%-5% marketing.

But in terms of marketing, lucky or not, this is a genius level move.

On a $ basis it is probably 100(X) more effective than conventional advertising.

But it is wrong to look at it on a $ basis it terms, of helping the community it is 1,000,000(X)-infinity(X) more effective, especially as advertising does little or nothing to actually help anyone.

So it is 2 birds with one stone here, I don't at all doubt the primary objective, but the secondary benefit is huge.

And I bet there are other opportunities like this out there, a much better use of money than advertising.

In terms of Tesla investment in my case it was like walking along a trail and tripping over a large gold nugget, yes I was smart enough to be lucky.

IMHO, the priority for Tesla should be getting Cybertruck and Semi into production ASAP. People are lined up with money in hand .... after that ... let's pour even more money into self driving and extending the lead they already have.

I'm sure that's exactly what Tesla is working on during the Fremont production lull. Also, Tesla has probably accelerated the Shanghai production ramp because there is a lot of unmet demand for the made-in-China Model 3 throughout China and the rest of Asia. Like a tag-team intent to win. My personal belief is that the Q1 results are going to shock a lot of the naysayers and those who are currently salivating over the recent shut-down of the Fremont Plant.

However, I doubt they are pouring any additional money into FSD development because that probably wouldn't accelerate it to any significant degree. I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen so far even if it did take longer than projected to get its current state of functionality.

In case you haven't been paying attention, the war is not with Iran, it's with reality itself. Because reality has a strong liberal bias that must be squashed at all costs. ;)

Sorry. No idea what you mean. I’m not up on American politics. But I’ll assume that the war time president thing has to do with the Iran attack.

I think this is probably too off topic for this thread anyway. I asked here because it was GM that was affected and kind of curious if the same thing can happen to Tesla.

I have expected for some time other manufacturers out there now trying to produce EVs with software similar to Tesla's will be suffering from some of these same issues. It's not something you want to buy off the shelf from a third party or have supported by them. While the push is to get more EVs on the road especially in Europe and China I'm not so sure the companies can come through in the short time they need to reduce emissions. Now with the expenses of CV I see the air quality restrictions being clawed back.

I'm surprised VW made such a hash of this and I don't know if partnering other car makers would help;.

What I would do in their position is outsource the job to around 3 small software houses and get them to compete building a core software platform. The VW internal team then evaluates an and picks the best one and works on integrating car components as needed.
The platform is enhanced and the others are put on ice, but can be reactivated.

I say this because my experience in software is, a small team that knows what they are doing always beats a big team that doesn't.

In this case they can work with Daimler in picking and paying the 3 teams, Daimler may even select a different product to take to the next step.. But the deal should be structured such that VW can switch to the product Daimler selected if they pay 50% of the additional phase 2 development costs.

Overall I don't understand what is so hard about this task.. but I do know getting the core design right is probably essential.