Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about now? Up $40. You guys keep blaming shorts and manipulators. Those days are over. The shorts clearly got wiped, they are only 12% of the float which is at all time lows.
They like the volatility. Let it run up a bit only to dash hopes. Recognized this phenom over the years with TSLA.
I cannot be shaken, but my timing is usually off trying, and against all advice here. Wish I had more. Might sell a bit in Q2. But always only a bit, maintaining a healthy dose at all times.

Name all the successful (non-Chinese) company IPOs since 2007. I'll wait. That's right, there's just one: Facebook. And many people consider them a further blight on society.

TSLA is not a Chinese company. Are you saying they are not successful?

This is a TSLA investor's thread. What am I missing??

I've started to track since 3/11 Model 3 inventory from ev-cpo.com/hunter website, recording around 7:30am PT. Take it for what it's worth, numbers that are visible to the public, no understanding of how Tesla does these numbers. Honestly, I was just hoping to see another near-zero inventory as what we saw in Dec 2019. If I saw that, I would have borrowed money to buy more shares for a nice short term surprise.

Attachments

• model 3 inventory 20Q1.png
    model 3 inventory 20Q1.png
    49 KB · Views: 73
What about now? Up $40. You guys keep blaming shorts and manipulators. Those days are over. The shorts clearly got wiped, they are only 12% of the float which is at all time lows.
How do you explain the fact that, two weeks ago, TSLA was down 2.49% on the same day that the Nasdaq had it's fifth largest percentage gain in history? See Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts from @Papafox?

Friday 3/13/2020:
* NASDAQ up 673 (9.35%) <------------- 5th Largest percentage gain in Nasdaq history.
* TSLA 546.62, down 13.93 (2.49%) <------------- TSLA down 2.49%

How do you explain the fact that, two weeks ago, TSLA was down 2.49% on the same day that the Nasdaq had it's fifth largest percentage gain in history? See Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts from @Papafox?

Friday 3/13/2020:
* NASDAQ up 673 (9.35%) <------------- 5th Largest percentage gain in Nasdaq history.
* TSLA 546.62, down 13.93 (2.49%) <------------- TSLA down 2.49%

TSLA going down while the market went up is not, on its own, in any way evidence of short manipulation.

I agree, FUD is a problem. Tesla moving 1% down in the premarket is not a problem though. That’s ridiculous and is at Valueanalyst1 level of delusion
Not talking about FUD. Nice try at misdirection. I'm talking about illegal market manipulation by Market Makers, in violation of SEC Regulation SHO.

No one was complaining here about a single 1% move in the Pre-Market: it is the pattern of manipulation by market makers that is so obviously and routinely happening, which you seem steadfast to diminish in severity.

Setting up a strawman then ridiculing it as delusional makes it clear you have chosen to bury your head in the sand. Perhaps you're making money now, but if this continued abuse eventually causes the entire market to collapse, money will NOT be your immediate concern.

We will have an actual EXISTENTIAL battle on our hands. And a few rich, bought lawyers will be of no help in that future (wrong kind of ammunition).

But here's the problem today: Maker Makers get bolder and more audacious with each scheme they are able to perpetrate. There are no checks and balances in the System. Why? The Market is out of balance and it will either implode or explode. It will not stop.

It's fitting that the market's main concern right now is with logarithms, because this is another symptom of the underlying problem. Equities listed on the NASDAQ are (were) worth about $7 Trillion USD. The FED is going to start buying ETFs. How many rounds of bailouts until the FED owns a controlling interest? See? There're worse sharks in these waters than even the MMs.

TSLA going down while the market went up is not, on its own, in any way evidence of short manipulation.

People disagreeing with this post: it is not an opinion. It's a fact. The burden of proof is on you to show manipulation is taking place. If you have such evidence, present it. But a stock going down is not in and of itself proof that it is being manipulated, sheesh.

TSLA is not a Chinese company. Are you saying they are not successful?

This is a TSLA investor's thread. What am I missing??
Telsa IPO was on June 29, 2010. It remains to be seen if they will become profitable and make it into the S&P 500. That is what MMs are trying so hard to prevent, with any dirty trick they can conjure.

This thread is also about the "Investment World". The point here is that since the SEC changed the rule banning short selling except on upticks back in 2007, only large state-backed (read Chinese) companies and privacy thieves (FB) have successfully navigated the "valley of death". There is 'case' and 'effect' in there.

Last edited:
The quarter doesn't end until midnight tonight (Tuesday) in California... 3AM ET.

I'd expect the P&D Thursday or Friday, unless the virus delays it.

Well S**T! I've been stuck indoors for so long that I thought yesterday was the end of Mar!

My apologies to the forum for being ... words fail to even describe how utterly dumb this mistake was!

Just an update on Vancouver stock. 15 cars including 5 fleet vehicles with a few hundred to 1900 ish kms on them. One of them our exact configuration but has a damage disclosure on it. Red, AWD, white interior, 19 inch rims. Ugh. It apparently got rear ended. Sooo close and yet so far. Oh well. What’s another 3 months. First world problems.

Last edited:
Telsa IPO was on June 29, 2010. It remains to be seen if they will become profitable and make it into the S&P 500. That is what MMs are trying so hard to prevent, with any dirty trick they can conjure.

This thread is also about the "Investment World". The point here is that since the SEC changed the rule banning short selling except on upticks back in 2007, only large state-backed (read Chinese) companies and privacy thieves (FB) have successfully navigated the "valley of death". There is 'case' and 'effect' in there.

Do you suspect motivations for this behavior beyond the mundane (i.e. making a quick buck)? Maybe you've discussed this before, in which case is there a past post you could point me to?

Shorts got wiped out? What do you call the people/organizations doing all the Tesla short selling nowadays, which is around 60% of all trades on a daily basis?

Shorts literally have no thesis left. At least in 2018 their thesis was arguable. Tesla is flush with cash and the only shorts that are left are the whiny ones on Twitter and some institutions that hedge
Shorts have never had a valid thesis. They bend the truth in such rediculous ways that lightweight research shows intentional fraud on their part. They can't possibly believe the FUD they spew.
The whole TSLAQ gang are lying profusely and they know they are when they are doing it.

I've started to track since 3/11 Model 3 inventory from ev-cpo.com/hunter website, recording around 7:30am PT. Take it for what it's worth, numbers that are visible to the public, no understanding of how Tesla does these numbers. Honestly, I was just hoping to see another near-zero inventory as what we saw in Dec 2019. If I saw that, I would have borrowed money to buy more shares for a nice short term surprise.

ninpb-- I would seriously suggest never looking at Tesla.com or EV-CPO.com for actual numbers of cars in their inventory. Tesla constantly manipulates the cars openly listed in inventory. This is a period which appears they are listing everything they have sitting on a lot somewhere. Other times, they hold back a significant portion of sitting inventory for custom order matching or just to have an appearance of "perceived scarcity". Who really knows for sure.

I most certainly would never make stock buying or selling decisions based on publicly listed inventory.

On a Norwegian forum someone said Tesla is upgrading their 2018 Model S to HW3 tomorrow.

So could this let Tesla release more of their FSD money for Europe?

Many of us promised HW3 will fork out additional $$$ to get the MC2 upgrade at the same time. That is what I will do. Possibly some time in May.

Source: Tesla tilbyr ikke HW3-oppgradering foreløpig