Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone’s trying to trigger a bunch of stop-losses.

I agree. I suspect there are a lot of short sales that need to be covered. Also, probably a deficit of TSLA shares in MM's accounts that need to be balanced out in the short-term. They don't want to pay any more for them than they have to. Even if I were considering selling (I'm not) I wouldn't want to help them out at these price levels.

I agree. I suspect there are a lot of short sales that need to be covered. Also, probably a deficit of TSLA shares in MM's accounts that need to be balanced out in the short-term. They don't want to pay any more for them than they have to. Even if I were considering selling (I'm not) I wouldn't want to help them out at these price levels.

Especially at these ridiculously low prices. I mean I like cash but I am not desperate. Now maybe at 9,000 we can talk.

Honestly it’s unclear to me why as a Bay Area resident. The leadership isn’t providing the reasoning. I’d have confidence in the decisions if I knew the public health and government leadership to be particularly “talented,” but I know this not to be the case.
It's pretty obvious the county wants to demonstrate that it has power. Typical bureaucratic response.

Almost a sandwich care bear post...so close.

Not at all I love Tesla and Elon and all thing related, and think by 2022 they will have come through as as a major auto maker globally (milllions of cars a year).
Cheese
But the next 6 months to 2 years could destroy them unless they navigate well.
Tomato
I think they will though and will buy back in when it's clear they made it.

I'm surprised you didn't just nuke the obvious troll last time (and this time).

Maybe you keep him around for comedic entertainment.

200.webp
Crap, I’m missng out on all he fun. I must have ignored this guy months ago.

Usually I clear out my ignore list every few months to give the idiots another chance. This guy must have been especially grievous.

If I may chime in on the Elon-COVID-rant(s) on Twitter and the conference call:

He may have expressed himself poorly, but the content was earnest and only an expression of his opinion. (Freedom of speech, it's becoming rare these days :eek:)

This won't have too much of a (EDIT) negative impact on the SP. Neither will any lawsuits follow.

Therefore, to those few panicking about it, please compare it to the "taking Tesla private at 420" tweets and the Thai cave diver incident, both of which led to lawsuits and an image problem.

If you truly take an effort to make the comparison, you can see his current rantings are very tame. People will have forgotten about them very quickly. No harm done.

-------------------------------------------
ANECDOTE
-------------------------------------------
(Maybe the opposite (of harm done) but that remains to be seen. Personally I always advocate to keep calm but that is not always easy.

When I was studying Law at University some undisclosed time ago, a Professor in my second year - which happens to also be a famous Belgian politician - talked about a political debate he had the night before (which his students had witnessed).

He told us then and there: (Dutch) "Verlies nooit je zelfbeheersing. Zoniet verlies je al je geloofwaardigheid en daarmee het debat." (Rough translation: Never lose self-control/your temper. If not, you will lose all your credibility and therefore the debate.)

Those words have stuck with me to this day and I live by them. That's why I find Elon's response a bit clumsy, but hey, he's human and I'll never lose faith in his abilities/vision.)

Last edited:
Not at all I love Tesla and Elon and all thing related, and think by 2022 they will have come through as as a major auto maker globally (milllions of cars a year).
Cheese
But the next 6 months to 2 years could destroy them unless they navigate well.
Tomato
I think they will though and will buy back in when it's clear they made it.
Oh, ok, so TSLAQ loves Tesla now. You're REALLY not very bright.

upload_2020-4-30_11-16-43.png

Usually I clear out my ignore list every few months to give the idiots another chance. This guy must have been especially grievous.

When someone tells you they "have plenty" of TSLA in their long-term account that they won't touch for at least ten years but they have already told you it's "going under $100" by this summer, well, let's just say it's not a good look.:oops:

It's a very strange 2015-style TSLA trolling. I guess we could call it vintage? Not very subtle.

Speculative but one reason for pushing the Semi to 2021 may be that they plan to produce it at the new GF (in Texas or wherever).
I'm thinking it's all hands on deck for FSD and maybe they can use that for the Semi.
Keep in mind, there is little truck live data.
Could be other reasons, but I bet it has to do with shifting resources and focus as he's stated in the past. Only so many geniuses, and he has them all. He has tapped earths pool of brainpower and it's still challenged, so can't do it all at once.

I'm thinking it's all hands on deck for FSD and maybe they can use that for the Semi.
Keep in mind, there is little truck live data.
Could be other reasons, but I bet it has to do with shifting resources and focus as he's stated in the past. Only so many geniuses, and he has them all. He has tapped earths pool of brainpower and it's still challenged, so can't do it all at once.
Your post made me realize for the first time (yes, I can be slow at times) that a FSD Semi will most likely need camera's on the trailer for a good view of the surroundings. Therefore there will have to be custom built Tesla-trailers as well.

Or am I wrong in this assumption? (I always thought the Semi would be just that, the front part of the truck)