Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I’m not saying he’s right. I’m simply asking why the AR is so high when end of quarter deliveries were low. Why can’t you answer that instead of being sarcastic.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of us aren't accountants. Accounting is hard, especially for a multinational company. We can only speculate why figure in the 10-Q are as they are, but at the end of the day, who do you trust more?

The professional accountants who prepared and signed off on Tesla's 10-Q, or a man who has incorrectly cried foul for years and has a sizable short position against the company?

Why are you guys doing this to me?

Screenshot_20200430-152633.png

The upcoming half hour will mark the final opportunity for end of month/quarter window dressing. This refers to the tendency of money managers to load up on winning stocks and prune away losing ones to make it appear they were smart all month or quarter, when their end of the period's portfolio snapshots are taken. For some money managers this is the end of their fiscal quarter. And TSLA is a winner this month and quarter. The shove down for much of the day makes such buying of TSLA even more attractive right now, especially in light of the profit announced yesterday and price target raises today.

Last edited:
On the flip side, I bought calls for May 8 about 30 minutes ago. (I also had some puts that I bought before earnings that i closed out early this AM, so im not necessarily the right person to follow.)
Hurry hurry for the 8th of May
It's National Outdoor Intercourse Day!

I used to celebrate it every year, but that was so last century...

I've read dozens of articles covering the Tesla earnings call from independent media outlets, and they nearly all contain in some combination:

expletive (laced or filled or laden) (rant or tirade). E.g. expletive filled tirade, expletive laden rant, expletive laced rant etc.

Nearly every single one. It sure seems suspicious that they would all describe Elon as having sworn repeatedly when in fact he only swore once, and all use the same few words to describe it.

Last edited:
There are a numbers of members on this forum I hold in the highest regard—especially for their education, training, and skills related to stock analysis and the market in general. However, I am convinced that Tesla market activity is a Black Swan. The company, it’s technologies and it’s market activity, especially it’s share price are an anomaly. They will be studied at business schools for years to come.

It’s not that I don’t value their perspectives; I simply see Tesla in class to itself. It is impossible to draw parallels to any other company.

It's certainly an odd duck. A large cap company with a capital intensive business model that acts more like a tech company with a brilliant (and chaotic) visionary at the helm riding several major tailwinds towards disruption. Said tailwinds - Climate change activism and green energy proliferation, electrification of autos, AI/FSD, and even the trend towards a sharing economy.

It's interesting how critical the timing was for Tesla. If it had been too much earlier I don't think a company without growth could have really worked without Amazon's example to draw from. Much later and general battery technology would have made it easier for legacy autos to catch up to an upstart.

Lucky us.

I've read dozens of articles covering the Tesla earnings call from independent media outlets, and they nearly all contain in some combination:

expletive (laced or filled or laden) (rant or tirade). E.g. expletive filled tirade, expletive laden rant, expletive laced rant etc.

Nearly every single one. It sure seems suspicious that they would all describe Elon as having sworn repeatedly when in fact he only swore once, and all use the few words to describe it.
Lazy writing and clickbait. Many just grab the AP details which I think followed Koldony and "report" on that.

Reactions: RobsJester
Why are you guys doing this to me?

View attachment 537538
I'm betting this will turn out to be a prime example of SP manipulation scaring people out of positions. His Jun 2022 350 leaps are not at risk in any way currently. I'm holding my Jun 2022 1200's no problem. Best part is I wont have to buy back in the 900's next week.
Hope for his sake I'm wrong because it sucks trying to outsmart the market and losing 20% or so of your holdings.

Look at the room the bollinger bands are giving us, the max pain shifting up, the GOOD news ER. All the moving averages (1mo) are headed UP. Analyst upgrades. A move down today on "free america" really? lol.

Last edited:
When this thread implied an $805 pushdown at the open I was skeptical. Not no mo! Damn these guys can push the SP wherever they like on a low volume day. Volume started to pick up tho!

Maybe a pandemic-squeeze to $806.50?
I think Monday is our day. If we get a couple good things to go our way like a factory reopening date! Then it’s going to be glorious

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Nearly every single one. It sure seems suspicious that they would all describe Elon as having sworn repeatedly when in fact he only swore once, and all use the few words to describe it.
It’s funny to hear them describe it like that on CNBC then hear the audio right after and he’s speaking calmly

In a question in his briefing today, Gov Newsom was asked about Elon's 'fascist' comment. He said 'good people can disagree' but basically felt that the state is following the science as best as they understand it. No updates on timelines for Phase 2 which previously said was 'weeks, not months' away. Unfortunately new cases and deaths were up again in CA yesterday.

Last edited:
Why did you share this particular trade with us? In other words, are there other trades you would prefer not to talk about or post publically? ;)
I share my bad ones too. Sold a $900 May 15 call this morning at a slight loss (so that one was a mix). I think my worst was when I peeled off 30% of core shares back before Q3 earnings in 2019. Have not repeated that particular mistake. All in all my bad tesla trades have always been when I'm too conservative and underestimate how well things will go.

Thanks to Rona, I had a chunk of cash in Amazon at around $1700 but then I got nervous about the macro and sold at 2k...now it's around $2400. :(