Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know the number of Model 3's shipped to the EU before the Coronavirus hit? We could extrapolate the information to see how many may be accounted for on Q2's books, if Tesla doesn't ship more out there this quarter.
I think that's a question for @Troy . He is tracking every shipment and calculates volumes by load times.

From the Economist today:

"Chancellor Angela Merkel and her senior cabinet ministers, including Olaf Scholz, the finance minister, will confer virtually today with the heads of Germany’s three largest carmakers about how to help the country’s most important industry. Led by Herbert Diess, the boss of Volkswagen, along with his counterparts at Daimler and BMW, the firms are lobbying the government to revive demand with a buyers’ premium of several thousand euros for both petrol-powered and electric vehicles. Mrs Merkel and Mr Scholz are unenthusiastic, especially as VW is still planning to pay shareholders a dividend. Opponents of the carmakers’ idea argue that it merely persuades customers to bring forward car purchases, meaning sales will decline next year. Moreover, it will help the better-off disproportionately, while subsidising a technology in decline. Better to raise subsidies for buyers of electric cars, which would incentivise makers to push on with their electrification—and get more carbon-neutral cars onto Germany’s streets."

Future case studies on the decline of the German auto industry will be fascinating. Merkel has for years tried to get BMW, Mercedes, and VW shift to EVs. It will be hard to find an argument for why they did not see the coming disruption sooner and take the necessary steps in earnest.

Is it really disruption when everyone around you sees what is happening and is trying to get you to shift directions or is it simply arrogance mixed with cowardice toward making tough decisions?

Will be interesting to see if these premiums will be only for the big three German car manufacturers. Protectionism on the rise!

Will be interesting to see if these premiums will be only for the big three German car manufacturers. Protectionism on the rise!
No, that would be illegal in the EU.

(Unless we're talking about peanuts incentives, see Government support for industry (state aid) – European Commission)

Sometimes government authorities spend public money supporting local industries or individual companies. This gives them an unfair advantage over similar sectors in other EU countries. In other words, it damages competition and distorts trade.

It is the Commission’s job to prevent this, allowing government support only if it is genuinely in the wider public interest – if it aims to benefit society or the economy as a whole.

For more on the Commission's role in applying EU rules on government support for business (state aid), see Article 108 of the Treaty on the functioning of the EU.

I’m going to caption that photo
Excellent idea! :cool:

Newest Musketeer.Future Starman.jpp.jpg

Congrats to the whole Musk family!

Cheers!

I like to check TSLA news in my brokerage account. Today there's an SEC Form 4 filing by Jerome Guillen stating that on Feb 20, 2020, he acquired 2275 shares for $217, and at the same time disposed of 2275 shares for $855.

Sorry I'm too dumb to understand this. Can someone help? I don't know how to interpret these forms. Is this something bullish, or something to be concerned about regarding TSLA.

Let me rephrase. His average post quality is as good as yours, if not better.

Also, insightful and valuable is very subjective. I really learn new things/ways of thinking from his posts. If you can't, it is your loss.

I’ll assume you just haven’t followed him long enough to get a full picture of what’s happened. Or that your memory is short and you’ve just forgotten all the times he’s been exactly wrong in his very adamant charts analysis. You’d think he’d have been right more often given the SP can only go in three directions. And shhh...we won’t talk about the time he and his money all went poof! because he was just so certain the charts said ‘to the moon’.

You’re absolutely right. There is value in knowing exactly what not to do, although I didn’t need him to demonstrate how badly gambling can turn out. I learned that lesson as a teenager.

Unless you can explain to me how selling my shares on Friday in a panic because he claimed chart says stock going down at least 50% in the following weeks to rebuying them all back on Monday for more than I’d sold them for because he claimed chart says going up 50% in the following weeks or months would have been beneficial to me, I’ll just sit over here in this corner with my dunce cap on and continue to hold my shares that have appreciated a lousy 25x by doing nothing, while he feeds his gambling addiction. I’m really okay with that kind of a loss.

During general premarket open, TSLA is still doing pretty good at +$29. Surprised the shorties, who are now free from the 10% uptick, haven't started their normal shenanigans.

They're busy trying to cover from their exuberance last Friday...

Edit: seems they saved their shorting to the open, let's see ow far they get...

Last edited:
I like to check TSLA news in my brokerage account. Today there's an SEC Form 4 filing by Jerome Guillen stating that on Feb 20, 2020, he acquired 2275 shares for $217, and at the same time disposed of 2275 shares for $855.

Sorry I'm too dumb to understand this. Can someone help? I don't know how to interpret these forms. Is this something bullish, or something to be concerned about regarding TSLA.
Jerome exercised some options that are part of his compensation package for $1.45 million before taxes.I'd say It's neutral.

The cool thing about it is that the body that reports these numbers monthly typically refers to the Model 3 — and all Tesla models in general — as “Other”, due to Tesla not being one of its members. It looks like they were finally forced to name the Model 3 on this list since it would have been particularly weird to start a list with “Other”.

And...topping the charts, coming in at the #1 spot on our list, the well-known brand you have all been waiting for..."other". :(

Yeah, I don't think that would have gone over too well!

Not much information on the Tesla/FCA pool, but no news is good news I guess.

From the FCA earnings call today:
"
We will take our next question from [Philip choice from Jefferies . Please go ahead.

Unidentified Participant:
Yes, good morning. Good afternoon and thank you. I've got three if I can. The first one is how much payment to Tesla have you accrued so far this year and how much of that is cash out?

Unidentified Speaker:
This, I'm going to defer to Richard because not sure we have been very explicit in terms of payments to Tesla and if we haven't been explicit. We're not going to be explicit on this call. So that's my 2.5000 mile cautionary note to RP is right different. What I would tell areas that we have partnered with Tesla for a long time. It has been a very clear part of strategy there and there are an important partner for us and that will continue going forward with the commitments that we've made.
Richard, you want to add anything to what I said?

Richard Palmer, Chief Financial Officer and Business Development:
No Mark, I don't think it's appropriate to give details on that frankly.
"

Something to ignore.

Reactions: traxila
Status
Not open for further replies.