Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
I’m going to caption that photo
Excellent idea! :cool:

Newest Musketeer.Future Starman.jpp.jpg

Congrats to the whole Musk family!

Cheers!

joh01652

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 29, 2019
Teslaland
I like to check TSLA news in my brokerage account. Today there's an SEC Form 4 filing by Jerome Guillen stating that on Feb 20, 2020, he acquired 2275 shares for $217, and at the same time disposed of 2275 shares for $855.

Sorry I'm too dumb to understand this. Can someone help? I don't know how to interpret these forms. Is this something bullish, or something to be concerned about regarding TSLA.

Krugerrand

Enough of the 🐩, back to 🐈‍⬛
Jul 13, 2012
Tesla friendly place
Let me rephrase. His average post quality is as good as yours, if not better.

Also, insightful and valuable is very subjective. I really learn new things/ways of thinking from his posts. If you can't, it is your loss.

I’ll assume you just haven’t followed him long enough to get a full picture of what’s happened. Or that your memory is short and you’ve just forgotten all the times he’s been exactly wrong in his very adamant charts analysis. You’d think he’d have been right more often given the SP can only go in three directions. And shhh...we won’t talk about the time he and his money all went poof! because he was just so certain the charts said ‘to the moon’.

You’re absolutely right. There is value in knowing exactly what not to do, although I didn’t need him to demonstrate how badly gambling can turn out. I learned that lesson as a teenager.

Unless you can explain to me how selling my shares on Friday in a panic because he claimed chart says stock going down at least 50% in the following weeks to rebuying them all back on Monday for more than I’d sold them for because he claimed chart says going up 50% in the following weeks or months would have been beneficial to me, I’ll just sit over here in this corner with my dunce cap on and continue to hold my shares that have appreciated a lousy 25x by doing nothing, while he feeds his gambling addiction. I’m really okay with that kind of a loss.

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2013
At home
During general premarket open, TSLA is still doing pretty good at +$29. Surprised the shorties, who are now free from the 10% uptick, haven't started their normal shenanigans.

They're busy trying to cover from their exuberance last Friday...

Edit: seems they saved their shorting to the open, let's see ow far they get...

Last edited:

mongo

May 3, 2017
Michigan
I like to check TSLA news in my brokerage account. Today there's an SEC Form 4 filing by Jerome Guillen stating that on Feb 20, 2020, he acquired 2275 shares for $217, and at the same time disposed of 2275 shares for $855.

Sorry I'm too dumb to understand this. Can someone help? I don't know how to interpret these forms. Is this something bullish, or something to be concerned about regarding TSLA.
Jerome exercised some options that are part of his compensation package for $1.45 million before taxes.I'd say It's neutral.

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
The cool thing about it is that the body that reports these numbers monthly typically refers to the Model 3 — and all Tesla models in general — as “Other”, due to Tesla not being one of its members. It looks like they were finally forced to name the Model 3 on this list since it would have been particularly weird to start a list with “Other”.

And...topping the charts, coming in at the #1 spot on our list, the well-known brand you have all been waiting for..."other". :(

Yeah, I don't think that would have gone over too well!

pnungesser

BarNun
Dec 9, 2015
Mill Spring, NC
I can't help thinking about the post from the new contributor that had gone into futures for the first time and was looking at a margin call on Monday. I hoping that the run-up yesterday removed the call and that he was able the de-leverage his position. Does anyone know what happened?

Reactions: Khamul

JBRR

Dec 13, 2015
UK
Not much information on the Tesla/FCA pool, but no news is good news I guess.

From the FCA earnings call today:
"
We will take our next question from [Philip choice from Jefferies . Please go ahead.

Unidentified Participant:
Yes, good morning. Good afternoon and thank you. I've got three if I can. The first one is how much payment to Tesla have you accrued so far this year and how much of that is cash out?

Unidentified Speaker:
This, I'm going to defer to Richard because not sure we have been very explicit in terms of payments to Tesla and if we haven't been explicit. We're not going to be explicit on this call. So that's my 2.5000 mile cautionary note to RP is right different. What I would tell areas that we have partnered with Tesla for a long time. It has been a very clear part of strategy there and there are an important partner for us and that will continue going forward with the commitments that we've made.
Richard, you want to add anything to what I said?

Richard Palmer, Chief Financial Officer and Business Development:
No Mark, I don't think it's appropriate to give details on that frankly.
"

Krugerrand

Enough of the 🐩, back to 🐈‍⬛
Jul 13, 2012
Tesla friendly place

Something to ignore.

Reactions: traxila

jbcarioca

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hertz is going Bankrupt. At some point Tesla should consider going into the rental industry, and they will need service/cleaning for their robotaxi fleet. Not saying that Hertz would be an ideal acquisition but the other car rental companies are also struggling and with one main player out there is more cake for the rest of the players.

Hertz Prepares to File Bankruptcy If Monday Deadline Is Missed
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

I could see Tesla buying a car rental service, replacing their vehicles with 3/Y and having chargers at every parking spot. I for one would always rent a Tesla if they were available at the airport... When? I guess 2022 would be a good starting point, so maybe buy the company 1 year earlier and prepare the transition.
Not that long ago it was Hertz owned by Ford, Avis by GM with National/Budget and Alamo in the GM camp. The Alamo was the only 'independent' although they hired a President from GM and took GM castoffs. At one time Alamo took the entire production of the Buick Reatta. The US automakers bought the car rental firms in order to manufacture used cars and tended to turn them over ever few months. There are exactly zero chances that Tesla would ever buy into this business. They do place cars at Sixt and Hertz, among others, but there is no promotion involved. The only direct cooperation Tesla has had with a car rental firm si with Enterprise, that supplies service loaners in some locations and circumstances. Enterprise used to often have Tesla loaners, but that is uncommon today. Post Covid-19 it might happen again, probably just for S and X.

FrankSG

Jun 27, 2019
Singapore

"
We will take our next question from [Philip choice from Jefferies . Please go ahead.

Yes, good morning. Good afternoon and thank you. I've got three if I can. The first one is how much payment to Tesla have you accrued so far this year and how much of that is cash out?

Unidentified Speaker:
This, I'm going to defer to Richard because not sure we have been very explicit in terms of payments to Tesla and if we haven't been explicit. We're not going to be explicit on this call. So that's my 2.5000 mile cautionary note to RP is right different. What I would tell areas that we have partnered with Tesla for a long time. It has been a very clear part of strategy there and there are an important partner for us and that will continue going forward with the commitments that we've made.

"

Sounds like they're embarrassed and analysts/investors wouldn't take it well if they knew how much they are having to fork over to Tesla.

Unpilot

Sell order in at $5999.99
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2017
A Coast

"

Unidentified Speaker:

"
Now THAT is some impressive gibberish!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC