Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new here and posted a video the other day that a few people liked, so I did another.

This is part 2 of the Q1 earnings call under appreciated items. A quick video discussing how Tesla could still make the S&P500 after Q2 despite the shutdown. I focus on deferred revenue and vehicle production backlog. It has exactly what was said about each on the Q1 earnings call and adds analysis. Hopefully people find it helpful. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

But they could initially use new, better cells, but using fewer cells. Then, as the new cell production lines get fully up to speed, offer the current lines with ALL possible cells as a sub category.
I would expect that at some point the new cells would be slipstreamed unannounced into the production line. They would be software limited to perform within the limits of the old cells. Shortly after full introduction, a new configuration price representing improved range and pack performance would be announced, along with an upgrade charge for prior recipients to utilize the new performance. Tesla has somewhat done this before.

Last edited:
Articles like this are what pushed me towards investing in Tesla.

Totally serious.

And this (some feel good news)

feelgood.JPG

Phase 2 of CA reopening is "mfging" in general. How newsom constantly focuses on florists and bookstores has been confusing, but when he first announced the phases, mfging was in Phase 2, which is what CA is in now. If you look at all the phases, it makes sense that Tesla is included.

Edit: it seems phase 2 has different phases. Very confusing. They should have just named them different phases.

I think some people heard “manufacturing” and stopped listening and I can understand if Elon plugged his ears at that point :), but I think he knew differently. If one listened to everything Newsom said during that briefing, he made it clear this was small business manufacturing to support some of the businesses that were allowed to open. It was to be an opening that was slow and careful for workers and customers, and it was followed up with it was still up to the local health jurisdictions as to what numbers and trends they were seeing in their communities and whether their businesses met the guidelines on plans for when they did get to open. There were health/safety guidelines that were further discussed during the briefing. I know people were hoping to hear Tesla could open already but I personally never heard anything that Newsom said, taken in totality, as indicating it was a given or likely to open yet. I always thought it was more likely mid- to end of month timeframe or possibly later. Tesla’s workforce is huge compared to many local community businesses and will bring in workers from many cities in the Bay area and elsewhere. That kind of people movement is troublesome to officials who do not and maybe can’t afford to see their hospitals filled again with very sick virus patients. Remember those hospital costs are going to have to be borne by someone.

You guys do realize that if with this beginning of lifting if there is an alarming rise in cases and hospitalizations over the next 7-14 days that we’re likely in a hold pattern. The health spokespeople and mayors for the Bay area cities have pretty much indicated that as well.

Tesla’s workforce is huge compared to many local community businesses and will being in workers from many cities in the Bay area and elsewhere. That kind of people movement is troublesome to officials who do not and maybe can’t afford to see their hospitals filled again with very sick virus patients.

Were Alameda County hospitals ever filled with very sick virus patients?

I think some people heard “manufacturing” and stopped listening and I can understand if Elon plugged his ears at that point :), but I think he knew differently. If one listened to everything Newsom said during that briefing, he made it clear this was small business manufacturing to support some of the businesses that were allowed to open. It was to be an opening that was slow and careful for workers and customers, and it was followed up with it was still up to the local health jurisdictions as to what numbers and trends they were seeing in their communities and whether their businesses met the guidelines on plans for when they did get to open. There were health/safety guidelines that were further discussed during the briefing. I know people were hoping to hear Tesla could open already but I personally never heard anything that Newsom said, taken in totality, as indicating it was a given or likely to open yet. I always thought it was more likely mid- to end of month timeframe or possibly later. Tesla’s workforce is huge compared to many local community businesses and will being in workers from many cities in the Bay area and elsewhere. That kind of people movement is troublesome to officials who do not and maybe can’t afford to see their hospitals filled again with very sick virus patients.

You guys do realize that if with this beginning of lifting if there is an alarming rise in cases and hospitalizations over the next 7-14 days that we’re likely in a hold pattern. The health spokespeople and mayors for the Bay area cities have pretty much indicated that as well.

That's part of the problem, hospitals are going broke because there's nobody in them. Meanwhile regular patients need care and the longer they're delayed care the more damage is done to them.

I think some people heard “manufacturing” and stopped listening and I can understand if Elon plugged his ears at that point :), but I think he knew differently. If one listened to everything Newsom said during that briefing, he made it clear this was small business manufacturing to support some of the businesses that were allowed to open. It was to be an opening that was slow and careful for workers and customers, and it was followed up with it was still up to the local health jurisdictions as to what numbers and trends they were seeing in their communities and whether their businesses met the guidelines on plans for when they did get to open. There were health/safety guidelines that were further discussed during the briefing. I know people were hoping to hear Tesla could open already but I personally never heard anything that Newsom said, taken in totality, as indicating it was a given or likely to open yet. I always thought it was more likely mid- to end of month timeframe or possibly later. Tesla’s workforce is huge compared to many local community businesses and will being in workers from many cities in the Bay area and elsewhere. That kind of people movement is troublesome to officials who do not and maybe can’t afford to see their hospitals filled again with very sick virus patients.

If you looked at the data dashboard from the county website, the hospital utilization is so low that you can't even see percentage on the chart.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Data Dashboard - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - County of Santa Clara

While we investors are hoping that manufacturing can reopen in Fremont, there are other real reasons that people lost their revenue cannot wait for 7-14 days. For the same reason that city cannot afford hospitals to get overwhelmed, the city also cannot afford to have people lost their homes, food and basic safety net.

You do know that losing jobs also losing health care, right?
COVID is not the only disease kills people.

Have you checked the food bank in San Jose?

San Jose wants more federal help to feed struggling residents - San José Spotlight
"The city is serving an average of 510,213 meals a day to Santa Clara County residents, up from 360,213 meals last week, he added, totaling more than 2.5 million meals across the county per week." That's 41% increase in a week.

Let's say, people receive 3 meals a day, that's 0.8 million people under poverty that depends on food bank, which is 41.5% of the entire Santa Clara County population.

At this rate, we will have famine problem, not the virus problem. Also the rate of food bank demand is exponential -- almost doubling every week. Unlike COVID where most people can recover in two weeks, people fell into poverty will need to continue on food bank support for months or years to come.

In my view, in the current dire situation continuing holding economic hostage in the name of public health is violation of human right. This is human created poverty and famine, not because of we have bad climates or agriculture production.

I'm out. Sold all of my TSLA shares.

I got back into TSLA today. While I was out this week, I played three stocks to do well after their earnings reports. They were companies actually benefiting from the coranavirus lockdown. I got lucky with all of them, ATVI, BYND and PTON, then quickly cashed out. Today I also bought IIVI for its earnings report coming on Monday, and SFM which reported its earnings on Tuesday but is strong technically. :cool:

That's part of the problem, hospitals are going broke because there's nobody in them. Meanwhile regular patients need care and the longer they're delayed care the more damage is done to them.

Probably a topic for the Covid thread (and Moderator move if you see fit) but I don’t think that there is no one in them but more like the high paying surgeries etc. are postponed because the beds have been taken by covid patients and ICUs were more or less commandeered for them. Also non-emergency procedures were postponed due to the risk of covid infection from being in the hospital with covid patients. I honestly have no idea who is paying for the hospital visits of people who were admitted for covid. Private insurance, state funds, federal government funds? Estates of the dead if there’s money there? I know I’ve read accounts of people who didn’t go to the hospital who clearly would have benefited from early admission and treatment because they either didn’t have insurance or knew even with insurance their portion could be catastrophic to their family’s finances.

Were Alameda County hospitals ever filled with very sick virus patients?

As for hospitalizations in the Bay area the Covid thread looking back would be a good source to answer that. I only was periodically checking on Santa Clara Counties and on April 23 SCC had 191 hospitalizations from covid. Not sure if that was the peak and it’s fluctuated below that and backwards over the weeks. Right now SCC stands at 113 as of May 7.

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
I got back into TSLA today. While I was out this week, I played three stocks to do well after their earnings reports. They were companies actually benefiting from the coranavirus lockdown. I got lucky with all of them, ATVI, BYND and PTON, then quickly cashed out. Today I also bought IIVI for its earnings report coming on Monday, and SFM which reported its earnings on Tuesday but is strong technically. :cool:

Kind Sir, Aren't you worried about Elon's tweets :)