Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

mickificki

Mar 25, 2016
Long Beach, CA

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
so population of alameda county is 1.671 mil, 2700 residents with covid...that's 0.16% of the population...

a 10 person increase in daily infection, so that's 0.000598% of the population increase with covid...:eek:

this is monkey math so pls take with a huge grain of salt.

Let's not have a protracted discussion on all the finer technical and statistical details of Coronavirus but I wanted to add that it's utterly ridiculous for anyone to talk about the rate of positive tests without mentioning the rate that the population was tested.

And it makes sense that people had a lot more incentive to get tested going into Memorial Day weekend where they might be with family/friends.

Last edited:

Unpilot

Sell order in at $5999.99
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2017
A Coast
so population of alameda county is 1.671 mil, 2700 residents with covid...that's 0.16% of the population...

a 10 person increase in daily infection, so that's 0.000598% of the population increase with covid...:eek:

I like monkey math...I actually understand it.:D

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada

Yeah, it's not news. Medical stats aren't timed to the opening of the Market. It's a planned hit job, as expected.

And just as Barron's releases their hit job, on que, the "Conservative Review" releases their's.

It's all KABUKI THEATRE. :p

Cheers!

SwedishAdvocate

Jul 26, 2012
Sweden, Earth
  1. Safety. It's just like Japan. Even a young girl can pretty much go anywhere in Singapore alone, at any time of the day or night. You can also put your bag/phone/laptop/wallet on a seat/table at a Starbucks/cafe, and then go order and collect your drink.
  2. The people/society. This is pretty much the only reason why I'm not living in Japan. I freaking love Japan, but the society is messed up. Singapore, on the other hand, is multi-cultural, but lives together in harmony in spite of it. It's possible that as a Westerner I'm treated a lot better in Singapore though. In Japan I faced a lot of discrimination. But all in all, I really like the people there.
  3. The language. I've learned to speak fluent Japanese, but English is still my favorite language. There are other cool Asian countries (Taiwan especially), but the people in most of them don't speak perfect English. I quite like Asia, and I think Singapore is pretty much the perfect mix between east and west for me.
  4. The government. There's not 100% freedom of speech, and I don't follow politics closely, but based on the knowledge I have I'd say Singapore is the best government in the world. There seems to be relatively little corruption, and the government really seems to do what's best for its people. SG's government is also very efficient. And last but not least, the current prime minister also seems like an amazing person. Based on the times I've heard him speak and seen interviews, I have a lot of respect for him.
  5. The city is clean, modern, and beautiful. I love skyscrapers, but I especially love the contrast between a bunch of skyscrapers surrounded by a jungle full of nature.
  6. The economy and quality of life. Singapore is a great place to work and live. It's a large city/country with tons of possibilities.
If there's no freedom of speech, then how do you know if a young girl can pretty much walk anywhere alone at any time?...

Color me sceptical...

50/100 on the Freedom House index does not sound particularly great. Seems like a truly super corrupt place.

Source: Singapore | Freedom House

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
That Barrons article is total bs when you look at the actual data. Furthermore there was a big drop in Alameda reported cases since it was written. This is so ridiculous.

Don't take it seriously. No one cares. Tesla will defy orders anyway and I think the county is done with all the publicity *sugar* show they had.

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"
Well, not quite a Red Dawn, this morning. Bounced off support just pennies above Friday's Close (intraday low so far today is 817.31).

Meanwhile, NASDAQ-100 is up 1.20%

TSLA.chart.2020-05-26.intraday-low.png

mulder1231

Jan 1, 2012
San Diego
I got out of my Jun 28’ 825 calls today at 35% loss. Just can’t stand it anymore. This was my play for the Battery Day which should already have happened. But nobody is talking about Battery Day anymore, because it’s become an insignificant event. All that’s left for Elon is to confirm what’s already been covered on YouTube over and over again. Million mile battery pack is already the new standard with several companies having announced it.

TespaceX

May 1, 2020
CA
I got out of my Jun 28’ 825 calls today at 35% loss. Just can’t stand it anymore. This was my play for the Battery Day which should already have happened. But nobody is talking about Battery Day anymore, because it’s become an insignificant event. All that’s left for Elon is to confirm what’s already been covered on YouTube over and over again. Million mile battery pack is already the new standard with several companies having announced it.

Honestly, Battery Day was made significant and possibly is being made insignificant as you say only on this board. I wouldn’t make investment decisions based on the sentiment of commenters on an online board.

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Supporting Member
Nov 15, 2013
At home

When did you buy the $825's, were they already ITM at that moment?

Yeah, it's frustrating, but without the volume this is going to continue until EOQ.

I think the difference with Battery Day versus any other company, is that Tesla will actually be making these batteries, not just making a PPT about future plans.

Obviously Elon is totally absorbed with Space X this week, and rightly so. Maybe a successful launch tomorrow will bring some cheer, but doubt it will move $TSLA much.

Jackl1956

May 11, 2013
Los Angeles

In my view, battery day’s significance is centered in production increases and cost benefits — leveraging electric vehicles and stationary storage. Simple Machines leverage mechanical advantage. In the same sense “Battery Day” will leverage Tesla’s capabilities in the automotive and the utility industries. No other company is cross-platform.

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii

Just because it's on youtube, doesn't mean that all the facts are known, the important ones are known, or that the general market knows. Further, a "million mile battery" has been discussed since at least April 2019. Of course other companies are copying Tesla, however, they can't even get a pack to 250 miles.

I think the battery day will still greatly effect the SP. Maybe that's why the SP has been constrained within the 800-ish range these last few trading days, not just Q2.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC