Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another favorable review of the Y

2020 Tesla Model Y Long Range First Drive Review: Bring the Family - MotorTrend

"Another tech marvel is the huge two-piece aluminum casting that replaces and simplifies the rear of the chassis and spans the rear wheels. Its high-speed manufacturing producibility was enabled by SpaceX metallurgists. Several months ago, Musk described the Model Y as being 75 percent composed of Model 3 parts. Having seen these Model Y-exclusive parts in person, we think Musk might need to recalculate that figure."

I thought so after seeing the Y.

One made it to Germany and has been test driven by nextmove, just saw it also made it to the German automobile club ADAC web site, too - very positively received.

https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/autokatalog/marken-modelle/tesla/tesla-model-y/

Surprisingly very positive news covering of the pending SpaceX launch. They framed the entire segment as "America company succeeds, rararah."

Just to be clear, this is the company that that California labor board decided to diss with regard to training money a few days ago because Tesla isn't union.

Sure, but that $2 increase in share price increased my portfolio by 1/2 a month's living expenses. Better than the pay I earned working at the office all day. I'll take 4 more years of that kind of excitement, please.
Yeah, I must admit, it was better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Anyone think the pending SpaceX mission is weighing on TSLA?

Would a successful launch cause a small sigh of relief and maybe add ~2-3%?

Then there is also the opposite scenario to consider.

At the risk of being ridiculed, no, I don't think the pending mission is what is keeping TSLA relatively range-bound. But I do agree a successful launch will cause a small bump. The downside in the opposite scenario is far greater IMHO.

Reactions: aubreymcfato

Not sure if we'll get a bump from the launch but if something were to go badly(praying it goes smoothly and according to plan), the stock would definitely be hit. We'd probably hear some sort of FUD about how SpaceX is now worth less and somehow Elon is in danger of being margin called lol. Yes I know the stock would have to drop to like $100......won't stop FUD'sters from bringing out that old horse from the stable.

I've never seen negative volume before. Bug or new trading strategy (I won't buy 100K shares if you pay me X dollars)?

This was after hours today on Fidelity:

negvol.jpg

Last edited:
I’m trying to imagine the end game of MMs and Hedge Funds — are they driving down implied volatility?
Implied volatility is indeed going slightly lower. Anybody can explain how market makers set IV? At the end of October it was around 37% that I thought was crazy low, then it went above 70%, now it is going lower currently at 60%. I am confused.

Reactions: JusRelax

The defining time of my “coming of age” was 1968 and 1969. I was twelve, soon to be a teenager and Apollo 8 had just returned the Earthrise photograph. I was smitten with the 15 year old girl living next door, who turning into a lovely lass. Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band was dominating the air waves. My Dad had just bought my older sister a red fastback Mustang. I was filled with dreams of adventure. The entire world was awestruck with notion of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon. Mankind’s greatest adventure. It was truly an American moment in time.

On Wednesday, Elon Musk will launch American astronauts in an American made rocket into outer space. In 2024 SpaceX is returning America to the Moon. I would trade all that possess to be twelve years old.

Speculation suggests the changes in tech are significant- new chemistry & production techniques, new cell form (tabless), maybe new cell size. I think to make these new cells, production facilities must be built from the ground up

Tesla bought a company (near me).
Hibar Systems - Wikipedia

Hibar also manufactures automated assembly systems including vacuum filling systems for Lithium-ion battery applications

^ seems like Tesla is indeed building (*or buying) the engineering capacity needed for "the ground up" manufacturing facility you noted would be required.