Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solid up day after a period of consolidation, breaking out above the upper-BB on the daily chart. Wouldn't be surprised to see this thing re-test ATH in the coming weeks.

I know I put a sale order in at $954 a month back for my planned sell strategy for my model S, so it'll probably brush by 940 and float back down, haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and wipster
Good question

I look across a lot of different sources now, when before I could just come on this thread and get very detailed information very quickly. Plenty of good (and not so good) YouTubers and podcasts etc. But the great thing about this forum is that it is way more reactive during market trading hours

I don't want to put the forum down too much. I still enjoy coming here and like reading everyone's comments, but the level of analysis isn't like it once was.

If you think there’s a problem, how about doing something productive about it, instead of just complaining? In this case you’re complaining about a lack of high quality analysis but I don’t see you adding any high quality analysis.

What a shame you have to actually do the work now instead of someone neatly packaging it for you.

Karen has a Twitter account, maybe check in there.

Somewhat OT

SpaceX Makes History, HBO Max, Fintech, Renewables, and more...

From ARK newsletter

"...the price of a seat on the Russian Soyuz rocket has more than doubled from roughly $40 million to $90 million in 2020, as shown below. Apparently, SpaceX has cut the cost nearly in half to roughly $55 million."

C8BFC9C4-1F20-492C-9C08-6FB723BFB97D.png

What are they going to sue for? There were no injuries. This is a testament to how safe the Model 3 is.

It looks like the driver hit the brake and then proceeded to freak out and not brake. This kind of idiotic driving happens ALL the time because people are not good under stress. They were probably so distracted before they noticed there was a large truck in their lane they just froze up when they saw it.

The real takeaway here is $TSLAQ has lost the ability to crash the share price with this kind of "hit" story. These accidents happen in other brands all the time but they generally don't make the headlines.

So if this was "your" robotaxi and no one was hurt, knowing how the world thinks (unless one lives in a naive world). You think the occupants would not sue? Hurt or not? We live in a sue happy world, and to the question of who? It would be the owner of the vehicle and Tesla.

Click disagrees all day long, but no one has tackled the liability isse of when this happens in the "robotaxi" era. What happens to Tesla stock when 60 minutes blows the first accident out of proportion?

If you think there’s a problem, how about doing something productive about it, instead of just complaining? In this case you’re complaining about a lack of high quality analysis but I don’t see you adding any high quality analysis.

What a shame you have to actually do the work now instead of someone neatly packaging it for you.

Karen has a Twitter account, maybe check in there.

Yes you are right. I do my own analysis, but no I have not made it available to everyone else

Unfortunately I also have my own company to run that has nothing to do with investing, and I don't get the time to write my analysis down in a way that is easily digestable (most my analysis is in my head). One day I might. My investments are up $1.2m since mid-March and I am thinking about spending more time investing and less time in the day job. If I decide to do this, you will hear from me more often as I will be very happy to share my analysis :)

So if this was "your" robotaxi and no one was hurt, knowing how the world thinks (unless one lives in a naive world). You think the occupants would not sue? Hurt or not? We live in a sue happy world, and to the question of who? It would be the owner of the vehicle and Tesla.

Click disagrees all day long, but no one has tackled the liability isse of when this happens in the "robotaxi" era. What happens to Tesla stock when 60 minutes blows the first accident out of proportion?

Tesla will most likely have insurance coverage for this. It will be a bumpy ride no doubt. We are traveling in uncharted territory.

Just like any other story blown out of proportion. Some people will overreact and the stock will take a bit of a hit. I will laugh and buy more shares. Stock will go back up.

Barron's - 25 minutes ago: SpaceX Makes Tesla Stock Look Even Better. Just Ask Wall Street.

Excerpt:

The news connection is obvious: Elon Musk leads both companies. The link to Teslastock is less obvious, but Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas thinks the launch is a win for the electric-vehicle pioneer.

“We believe the implications for the space economy, the country and Tesla are significant,” wrote Jonas in a Monday research report.

For Tesla (ticker: TSLA), Jonas focused on Musk’s credibility. “The success of SpaceX in achieving some of the most sophisticated challenges in science has a direct bearing on public, investor and government perception of his ability to lead and execute,” he said.

Barron's - 25 minutes ago: SpaceX Makes Tesla Stock Look Even Better. Just Ask Wall Street.

Excerpt:

The news connection is obvious: Elon Musk leads both companies. The link to Teslastock is less obvious, but Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas thinks the launch is a win for the electric-vehicle pioneer.

“We believe the implications for the space economy, the country and Tesla are significant,” wrote Jonas in a Monday research report.

For Tesla (ticker: TSLA), Jonas focused on Musk’s credibility. “The success of SpaceX in achieving some of the most sophisticated challenges in science has a direct bearing on public, investor and government perception of his ability to lead and execute,” he said.
Jonas made an appearance on CNBC this morning saying that SpaceX could go public within a couple of years:

...no one has tackled the liability isse of when this happens in the "robotaxi" era.

Tesla has.
Does Tesla Insurance cover ride sharing?
Like other personal insurance policies, Tesla Insurance covers the personal use of your vehicle and does not extend to commercial activities like ride-sharing, which requires a commercial policy. Tesla Insurance plans to offer a commercial policy in the future to support the Tesla ride-sharing network.
Tesla Insurance

Robotaxi insurance doesn't exist yet because robotaxis don't exist yet. They won't exist until they are at least 10 times safer than human drivers. They will still crash occasionally, but that is what insurance is for.

Jonas made an appearance on CNBC this morning saying that SpaceX could go public within a couple of years:

This idiot. Literally anything he says might as well be stamped and the least likely outcome.

My favorite was him pitting a $10-500 SP range on TSLA.....and getting it wrong. How do these people even keep their jobs?