Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to imagine why everyone watching those Dragon videos wouldn't want to have their own vehicle made with the same kind of engineering innovation. TSLA has quite obviously been poised for a breakout beyond the recent climb to $900. Historic commercial launch, new factory prospects everywhere, CT, Shanghai expansion... no place to invest in all this other than TSLA...

As this settles in the wider awareness, TSLA will be where it's at for many more investors than ever before.

I wish all the longs, the good fortune, richly deserved for their vision and judgement.

I keep thinking I know you from somewhere. Damn, I know you from somewhere. Where is it?...

...I've got it!

You're the most interesting man in the world!
jack.png
mimitw.png

U.S. appeals court: Volkswagen may face 'enormous' diesel liability

'A U.S. appeals court ruled Monday Volkswagen AG may face “enormous” additional liability in the “Dieselgate” scandal finding that two counties can enforce regulations against the German automaker for tampering with post-sale vehicles.

The court said it recognized the ruling “may result in the imposition of unexpected (and enormous) liability on Volkswagen.”

Quite a few stocks I follow are up more than Tesla today so while it's nice to see the stock on the move today, it's not really anything special at this point.

Big fed pump day. I actually think we might have been up more were it not for that. The love tends to get distributed more widely on these sorts of days.

So... does anyone have a theory for what is going on today?
Whale switched sides? Remember the last Short Interest report? Record low SI for TSLA as of May 15, 2020
  • Fewer parties with an interest in seeing TSLA go down
  • Fewer alternative investments given macro environment
  • slow growing awareness that TSLA is the real deal
Cheers!

U.S. appeals court: Volkswagen may face 'enormous' diesel liability

'A U.S. appeals court ruled Monday Volkswagen AG may face “enormous” additional liability in the “Dieselgate” scandal finding that two counties can enforce regulations against the German automaker for tampering with post-sale vehicles.

The court said it recognized the ruling “may result in the imposition of unexpected (and enormous) liability on Volkswagen.”

"scandal finding that two counties can enforce" Two counties have THAT much power ?

Quite a few stocks I follow are up more than Tesla today so while it's nice to see the stock on the move today, it's not really anything special at this point.

Although (since some around here have problems with conspiricies), the Nasdaq peaked at 1:40pm and has been on its way down, whereas TSLA has been a steady climb--so we're not simply a multiple of the Nasdaq today--seems to be supported by but not tied to macros.

I'm sorry you are not happy today but the car was being driven manually - Autopilot was turned off. If you are going to comment again, tell us how this auto accident has anything to do with the "robotaxi era" other than as a demonstration of just how badly we need autonomy to fix the problem this video illustrates. Namely, how bad the typical human driver is.

Is it just your desire to attack Tesla on a day when the stock is climbing?

Nice try, as a share holder this is a serious question. The technology of Autonomous driving is amazing, and the geek in me is impressed. As I have stated before, its a great safety accessory ( still debating if its worth $7K). With that stated, even Elon must be concerned about limiting the liability of even a few "accidents" against the company.

As to your assertion of me "not being happy". As an African American,yes, I am pissed, but it has nothing to with Tesla, or the reason I posted this topic.

Elon's credibility ...... in the eyes of Mr Market
All the people throughout history who ever doubted Elon's ability to get stuff done and put money on their wager collectively saying "Oh sh*t!."
Whale switched sides? Remember the last Short Interest report? Record low SI for TSLA as of May 15, 2020
  • Fewer parties with an interest in seeing TSLA go down
  • Fewer alternative investments given macro environment
  • slow growing awareness that TSLA is the real deal
Cheers!

Fox Business - May 29:

Nice try, as a share holder this is a serious question.

My question to you (also as a share-holder), was a serious question too. But you ignored it.

I asked you to tell us what the video of the car accident had to do with the "robotaxi era" considering the car that crashed in the video wasn't even on autopilot.