Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I wonder if that means they can recognise all the FSD revenue for new sales up front in their P&L. At first glance it would make sense if they are not required to perform any more than they are already doing.
Thats my thought too. Risk free, no class action from here out. Puts some FSD revenue on the books this quater perhaps.

Reactions: saniflash
Model Y 7 seater coming early Q4 2020

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-21_12-15-9.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-21_12-15-9.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 91
End of quarter AP/FSD sale incoming. Free Autopilot with purchase of FSD for those who don't have AP yet ($7,000 for FSD instead of $10,000 for AP+FSD). More details to come tomorrow: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1274559471918804993

Might motivate a lot of owners who were on the fence.

ohhhhh snap. As someone who doesn’t have AP this is exactly the deal I mentioned he should do last month. I guess I should put my money where my mouth is now. lol

Reactions: colettimj
End of quarter AP/FSD sale incoming. Free Autopilot with purchase of FSD for those who don't have AP yet ($7,000 for FSD instead of $10,000 for AP+FSD). More details to come tomorrow: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1274559471918804993

Might motivate a lot of owners who were on the fence.
For those thinking FSD pricing is smoke and mirrors... After this quarter I fully expect game over. I trust this will be the last tight quarter for revenue. After that, discounts not needed IMO.

For those thinking FSD pricing is smoke and mirrors... After this quarter I fully expect game over. I trust this will be the last tight quarter for revenue. After that, discounts not needed IMO.

Agreed. Also, I bought my car because I love to drive and I love to drive this car, which is why I never got AP. However getting $11k of AP/FSD goods for $7k is worth it from a pure resale value perspective.

All the actual FSD benefits and robotaxi fleet potential is pure golden gravy.

Agreed. Also, I bought my car because I love to drive and I love to drive this car, which is why I never got AP. However getting $11k of AP/FSD goods for $7k is worth it from a pure resale value perspective.

All the actual FSD benefits and robotaxi fleet potential is pure golden gravy.
I have learned when to trust FSD, and combine we're much safer on the road.
The speed limit sucks, but I like observing the details and helping it to learn... my roads especially. So if u come.to Chandler, I got u covered!

I wonder if there will be a similar discount for people who already paid for EAP.
Yes, he will increase the price and then after put it on sale. I see $4k for FSD for me then I assume it will be $5k July and then on sale for $4k after that. That's such a Tesla move i bet it's even on their "spin the wheel" pricing model for this year. I wonder how has to run up and pick up all the darts that miss the board:) Prob the same people that put the doors on the cars.

There are reflections, but a couple of small places near edges. Fit and finish stuff. Smudges on the hood, as well. Agree - it’s a truck and a prototype - not perfect, adds interest and character. I like it!
Unless you saw what you describe as “smudges” in person, if you’re going by the pictures posted here, what I see in those pictures are artifacts of a pixilated lower resolution.

The only thing I notice is the lower right side of the tailgate appearing misaligned, and possibly the frunk either not fully closed or misaligned.

Try as I might, I don’t see what you called “dents” anywhere. I do however see compression artifacts.

Unless you saw what you describe as “smudges” in person, if you’re going by the pictures posted here, what I see in those pictures are artifacts of a pixilated lower resolution.

The only thing I notice is the lower right side of the tailgate appearing misaligned, and possibly the frunk either not fully closed or misaligned.

Try as I might, I don’t see what you called “dents” anywhere. I do however see compression artifacts.

Check out some of Jack’s pics on this thread - Peterson’s Automotive Museum. My point in responding with this post was in response to a previous post about hood scratches and that even with a few imperfections since it is a prototype and a truck, it doesn’t matter - it’s still awesome!

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I have learned when to trust FSD, and combine we're much safer on the road.
The speed limit sucks, but I like observing the details and helping it to learn... my roads especially. So if u come.to Chandler, I got u covered!
It's one of the sweetest and funniest ironies in the Western Spiral Arm that in the Model 3, quicker and faster than any car I've ever seen on the road, goes The Speed Limit when it's doing the driving.

I see on Twitter that Jack has sadly been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer. I didn’t watch the full video so may have missed that. Sad news, wish him a full recovery.
Latest video from Jack Rickard about the delay of battery day.
Usual pumping up Tesla's superior battery tech and industry lead.
I urge you to watch it all the way through.

To elaborate, Jack theorizes why battery day has been delayed multiple times from 12:00 - 20:00. His argument is that they can't hold the event until the new batteries are already in vehicles being shipped for fear of Osborning sales of vehicles with the old batteries. He cites Model Y/3 specifically and a 400 mile range.

It's a possibility, but I don't think a certainty.

There are a couple of ways Tesla could manage this problem and are strategies they currently employ:

1) Provide details of the progress but give a long lead-time (12-18 months) or none at all, as per Roadster/Semi/Plaid.
2) Put the new tech in US/North American vehicles only with long lead-time or no date at all for ROW, as per usual vehicle rollouts.
3) Put the new tech in S/X only with long lead-time for Y/3 implementation or no date at all. I think that would be a great way to revive slumping S/X sales and further differentiate between Y/3. A tandem announcement of the battery w/Plaid would do similar (and perhaps the forever-imminent interior refresh). Given the S/X are still using the 18650's from Panasonic in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong?) and Tesla is battery-constrained for the foreseeable future, maybe this isn't supply they would give up? I don't see the new battery tech going in 3/Y only though, as that would add even more fuel to the argument that the S/X are falling behind their cheaper siblings, specifically re: dated interior/exterior and charging.

OTOH, Jack could be right and certainly has a track record of being so (see his massive gains from going long volatility before Tesla's massive run-up). With Autonomy Day, HW3 was already being shipped in all models. This weakened the argument S/X will forever get the best tech first. Following that trend, maybe it will already being shipped in all the vehicles upon announcement after all.

Lastly, Jack mentions he has lung cancer in the vid and seems to have accepted the consequences with a certain level of enthusiasm and confidence in his faith. His vocal cords are damaged as well and he appears to struggle more than usual in his latest posting. From what he said, we may only get a few more videos from him.

His candor, incredible depth of knowledge, and ballsy stock/option trades will be dearly missed when his time comes.